It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Police Officer Kills unarmed 20 year old college student

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No I don't but I will keep an eye out and a listen for any updates to the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

After listening to the 911 call, placed before the officer shot the unarmed student one could possibly conclude that the Long Beach Police force dispatched an officer to shoot and kill a drunk Man that fell/possibly jumped out of a window!

Ether that or they don't inform the responding officers as to the details of the incident that they are after all attending. Communication error, murder or sheer irresponsibility from all parties involved, i just don't know. End of the day the boys dead, shot multiple times and for what???

This could so easily have been preventable.

www.nbclosangeles.com...
edit on 6-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You must have some incredibly massive thighs from all the leaps you seem able to complete so easily.

You got "you could possibly conclude they sent a cop to shoot and kill this person" out of that phone call?

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Except you didn't question anything at all.

"I bet the officers mother" is not a question. It's you projecting. It's you denigrating somebody who isn't even remotely involved in the situation beyond giving birth to one of the people that was there. You're running a person's mother down because...why? You feel so strongly about this that confining your comments to people involved in it isn't enough? You have to attack their utterly not involved family members in your commentary?

And then try to backtrack and say you were just asking a question? Funny, for "just questioning" something I see a lot of statements and not any question marks. The hate runs deep enough in you that you feel compelled to offer commentary on somebody's mother.

Cool man.

It's best not to make gigantic leaps of ludicrousness, is what you meant to say.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Shamrock has a point. The cops in these incidents weren't dispatched to execute anyone. I've been highly critical of this incident and the other with the 20 year old. But my criticism at least has a base to stand on. That assumption that they were dispatched to kill is absurd.

Apply sense to your criticism.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Guy jumps out window, guy is injured and bleeding. Police repeatedly shoot him with a taser, then assault him with a flash light. Then apparently the victim threatens the officer and ends up being shot multiple times in the chest and you question my motivations in pondering the subject? As to the 911 phone call and the information contained within said call, i think it speaks for itself!

You seem to be rather interested in my assessment of the situation that transpired, may i ask as to you own? Do you condone the actions of the Police in question?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

""I bet the officers mother" is not a question. It's you projecting. "

Now you wish to argue what amounts to semantics.

I think my motivations regarding what the officers mother would think of him are plain to see.

And the love you have for Police also runs deep i imagine. I have reason to hate totalitarian paramilitary scum with an axe to grind or agenda to satisfy. Whats your excuse? Never mind consider those questions rhetorical.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't know whether the officer was the only one who was on scene or not, but if he was, the cop definitely was justified. My problem stems from the assumption that the officer had backup.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

How so? What immediate danger did he present other than to himself? For all we know the victim could have sustained a head injury during his fall/jump that added injury to his already intoxicated state. Did this boy really need to die just because the Police obviously felt threatened? What would have been wrong with at least attempting to wound the Man in the leg? Given the fact that he was unarmed and already bleeding.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Dude you're totally right!

I bet the cops dog doesn't care though. Probably greets him at the door wagging his tail every day.

Too bad the cop shot it already.

You know cops and dogs.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

So....the cop has a zombie dog then?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well it would certainly be synonymous with the zombie cop mentality displayed so often these days. That being ferocious and without reason or thought.

levity aside Police have been known to shoot dogs for little or no reason whatsoever rather to often these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So....the cop has a zombie dog then?

Nah, it's a sort of Psycho thing. The dog rotted in the hall where he shot it, but he still talks to the thing, leaves food out.

He also beat his wife to death, but with her, it's more of "A Rose for Emily", the neighbors complained about the smell at first but eventually it went away...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Next you'll be telling me there's been some A Haunting in Connecticut action too!

My god. That poor house

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You say you were questioning something.

I don't see a question.

It's not semantics. And my love for cops runs as deep as they merit it. Based off their actions day in and day out. A d-bag is a d-bag, whether he straps up at the beginning of the day or not. I have zero problem making my opinion known when I think an officer was in the wrong. I have zero problem offering my opinion when I think an officer was justified.

I have zero problem saying there's not enough information to make an actual informed opinion either way. Which is apparently, to cop haters, just another way of saying "cop did good."

I also have zero problem questioning why somebody feels compelled to bring a person's family in to something they have no need to be brought in to.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The suspect was unarmed.
He was holding his hands above his head according to witnesses.
He was covered in blood from a fall from a second story window.
But because he was "coming right at" that cop with his hands raised over his head, the cop started shooting.
What made him so afraid of a young man with his hands in the air and blood pouring off of him?
Yes, I'm well aware that he had attempted to taze him but I'm also aware that tazers don't always work as they are designed to work. Could have been a faulty tazer, could have been a faulty operator of the tazer due to his paranoia. After all there were a whole load of witnesses standing by watching this unfold. I guess in the policing world it is better to take a life than to risk "someone" getting hurt taking down an intoxicated, unarmed college kid.
When I worked at our local hospital I saw a lot of cops, paramedics and firemen come through the ER with bumps and bruises they had gotten from dealing with out-of-control drunk college kids. I never saw one of those college kids end up in morgue as a result of his interactions with a LEO.
What made this veteran cop so paranoid that his critical skills shut down and he just started blasting? Could it be some chemical he had ingested? How will we ever know?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Its so cal the cop was on roids and would have found some reason to kill him.

All that hand to hand combat training with batons and these short putos would rather kill instead.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

"I also have zero problem questioning why somebody feels compelled to bring a person's family in to something they have no need to be brought in to."

Ask your own mother why it would be relevant to make a statement such as "I bet the officer in questions Mother is so proud of her son for managing to shoot and kill a young Man who was obviously more of a danger to himself than anyone else."? You do relies i don't actually think she would be proud of him, quite the opposite.

If anything im showing compassion for the lady as to how she most lightly feels regarding her sons actions against an injured unarmed Man but should you wish to take such a statement as a ""your mom"" line then go right ahead. Like i said probably my own fault for pandering to you.

"And my love for cops runs as deep as they merit it. Based off their actions day in and day out."

And what does the officer in questions actions say regarding his blatant abuse of Police powers? Pretty much says coward killer to me!
edit on 7-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join