It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Brothers from the same Father separately created Judaism and Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

There was a plot to Lost?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I do! its crazy the timing/format; Metaphorically (these concepts have been around festering; just waiting for inception) but it is what it is. One brother created Judaism and the other brother created Islam; now they hate each other (this is true by the way).

For now I call them Elijah and Klaus.. Klaus is also niklaus in the show. They hint it up all the time.. St nicholas Satan.. St nick patron st of wolves.. Wolf swallows the Sun.. always seeing niklaus standing around signs saying stuff like St. Anns.. Stuff like that.. Talking of a thousand years of peace.

Elijah symbolized by the Stag.. Ever seen the Stag and the Cross symbol? So anyway.. He's the Nobel one. He has some crazy past where he killed a lot of people. He's better now though, unless he becomes unclean.. Then he get's a little bloodthirsty again.. I'll call him old testament dude.

In the show, "the originals," it's basically Norse mythology..

I find that all of the sort of mythologies are related.

In the show they are "vampires." Which is basically to say they are immortal.. It also lets them be characters that interact directly with humans.

it does seem like in the show they are coming back together..

And if everything I wrote has no standing outside of an ok show (ex gf lol).. It really doesn't matter cause it's the same story.. We are all here on this earth. The conflicts started long ago, and I actually think it's just symbolism personally, but then again..

It's up to us to be good to our human family.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
What's with all the brief uninformative OPs lately?

On topic...
Who are these brothers?
What are they fighting about?
What started the fighting?

Everyone is afraid (do not speak too plainly keep OP statement vague). The brothers are the sons of the original Semitic God Yahweh created: Abraham as fathered /Issac/Judaism. Ishmal/Islam. Someone out there has a better truth. Mohammed is just a messenger just as Jesus was.
edit on 30-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes

It's basically Earth.. The mother is the first "god" and she has "twins" but one is a little older..

Jacob and Essau. Jacobs ladder..

The names of the "chosen" are written in the book of life. THey can't die.. (written on a cave wall)..

I could write out probably a ten page paper on that show, and I may just do it now that I have more free time.

How the world ends, and then the two brothers are there alone and the humans get reseeded on Earth again.. And the "bad" brother is all like "it's all the same they just come in and make war and destroy everything.. " Jacob is like, it's progress.. Meaning everytime the world resets we are closer to being good to each other..

edit on 30-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
I could write out probably a ten page paper on that show, and I may just do it now that I have more free time.

I would read that thread. I love Lost!

Check the patches on my alien..

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
So when was Judaism created, I'm not so up on the play with religions, I suppose I could google it but I wont. Why should they argue about each other's religion, there will be more realestate in heaven or whatever they call their final resting place if not everyone believes in the same God. a reply to: chr0naut

Judaism was codified some time after 1,500 BC with the writings of the Torah and the rise of the Hebrew nation in the area to the north and south of modern Jerusalem (referred to as Canaan back then).

Islam arose with the writing of the Koran (attributed to Mohammed 570-632 AD).

Essentially, 2,000 years apart.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Islam came into being thousands of years after Judaism.

The sibling rivalry which became tribal enmity, preceded the codification of both faiths.

(But actually, if you read the entire history, they reconciled in later years).

So both faiths are reconciled. Israel has nothing to fear from its Islamic neighbors.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So both faiths are reconciled. Israel has nothing to fear from its Islamic neighbors.

Faiths and peoples are not the same thing. Faith has little to do with hate.

edit on 5/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Your point?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Cool thanks for the info, Google is not always my friend. a reply to: chr0naut

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Hatred of a different dogmatic ideology kills people existing within a different belief system.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You're using the capitalized "Faith." Not the same thing as faith.

If faith were the only issue it wouldn't matter. If faith is actually faith, what does it matter what anyone else believes? The roots of the conflict go far, far beyond "faith" into issues of ownership. The roots of the conflict go into the transition of tribal culture into civilization. A nomadic culture conflicts with a civilized culture. Faith has little to do with it.

Unless, of course, xenophobia is the basis of that Faith.
edit on 5/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Islam came into being thousands of years after Judaism.

The sibling rivalry which became tribal enmity, preceded the codification of both faiths.

(But actually, if you read the entire history, they reconciled in later years).

The BROTHERS reconciled.

The faiths, which really have nothing to do with them, haven't.

BTW, Mohammed accepted Jewish and Christian Scholars as "people of the book" and brokered a peace between the Jews, the Christians and Islamic followers in the town of Medina and made it a law granting religious freedom (see the Constitution of Medina - Wikipedia).

True Muslims have no issue with other faiths, as do true Jews and true Christians.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Is it really worth investing your time in writing a piece about that show?

Really?

There are better things to do! Like debating someone with outlandish opinions on internet forums.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Is it really worth investing your time in writing a piece about that show?

Really?

There are better things to do! Like debating someone with outlandish opinions on internet forums.

Yes.
Really.

You'll see it up here at some point.
Maybe you'll come by with some outlandish opinions?

One can only hope.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hatred of a different dogmatic ideology kills people existing within a different belief system.

Hate often looks for something to justify its existence. Faith, skin color, birth location, wealth, privilege and many other points of difference are called up to try and create a reason for the unreasonable.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I never did like the Raiders.
Go Broncos!

Green and gold, Green Bay all the way!!!!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

One is black on the left, the other is black on the right.
Quite interesting inferences could be made based on that statement if applied to Sr. Obama.
Trying to hide one side of one's self from the opposition, and failing both during the process.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious
Go away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join