It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death By Unreliable Metadata: NSA Creates SIM Card Kill List for CIA/JSOC Drone Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

According to a former drone operator for the military’s Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) who also worked with the NSA, the agency often identifies targets based on controversial metadata analysis and cell-phone tracking technologies.
Rather than confirming a target’s identity with operatives or informants on the ground, the CIA or the U.S. military then orders a strike based on the activity and location of the mobile phone a person is believed to be using.

“People get hung up that there’s a targeted list of people,” he says. “It’s really like we’re targeting a cell phone. We’re not going after people – we’re going after their phones, in the hopes that the person on the other end of that missile is the bad guy.

WHAT?
I´d had to read that three times because I could not believe what that guy is trying to tell us.
No we´re not targeting you. We´re just droning your phone and hope you are near and the guy we think you are.

Seriously, I do not know how credible this source is, also I did a keyword search for "NSA SIM TARGET DRONE" on ATS and could not find a thread. So take this with a grain of salt.

Source

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
Yep, and that was confirmed a few months later straight from the horses mouth, Gen. Michael Hayden, during a debate

The full debate is here:

edit on 5/22/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I've read similar stories before. This is the way intelligence is done in the 21st century. Since 'terrorists' have gotten so good at evading the classic systems that track their movements and make sure they are, where we think they are, it's not ok to target 'property they own' and bomb that into oblivion, hoping they are there.

What's worse is that ISIL and it's other groups know this, and they routinely swap phones and pass the SIM cards onto locals who get them get bombed.

~Tenth

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
AllSourceIntel,
thank you for putting up the vids.

a reply to: tothetenthpower
Unbelievable. It does even sound like they do not even have real evidence in some cases. Just a phone number/name, no picture nothing.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Remember when they first put up the GPS network? Who ever thought it would be used to bring down hell fire on "suspects" ?

We have our heads in the clouds and finger on the trigger. From up here, everything looks suspiciously like enemy activity.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Read this...............

Even if a cell phone is completely turned off, law enforcement authorities can still listen in on the conversations that a suspect is having. All that is necessary is for the battery to still be in the cell phone. According to CNET News, the FBI can remotely activate the microphone on your cell phone and listen to whatever you are saying....
The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations. The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.
When you make a telephone call, it is never private. The reality is that the NSA has been monitoring all phone calls for years and years. According to USA Today, the NSA intends "to create a database of every call ever made".... The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY

The American Dream

Similar but limited tracking technology such as Spy Bubble allows for individuals to track their "cheating partners' every move" including remote downloads of SMS messages, emails and recorded conversations.

Having access to individuals within the Law enforcement services, take the following story as personal testimony.

A friend whom is in the upper echelons of the legal game and I regularly meet to discuss topics of mutual interest. This individual will simply refuse to even utter a word unless both our phone(s) are at least 30m away - preferably housed within a sealed compartment. This individual is by no means a conspiracy minded individual but is ACUTELY aware of the remote tracking and microphone activation technology available - because this individual uses the same technology on others as deemed necessary and it does not matter if your phone is on or off or even if your battery is dead - as long as it is in the phone!

Just remember, that little chip in your passport, for instance, holds a vast amount of data, requires no power source and can be scanned from a distance - what then do you suppose your phone can hold by way of data - to be accessed remotely - and even if the battery is dead now remember that it was at one stage fully charged up!!!
link to thread

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.........more discussed about these and other little "extras" on ATS here.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yup

Notice how on newer fones
the Battery can't be removed...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Another reason to not use cell phones. But how can they go above the law, international and national and execute people on foreign soil, no matter how wide the error margin is? Why are people allowing it? Its hard to get things organized, but has everyone forgotten phone calls and letters, thats simple. Would they continue with their mandates and actions if a majority were furious and denounced them and threatened to withdraw all support and taxes from them, and to throw an emergency election if they don't step down? I've never known what are the first steps but it seems to me that communication, something anyone can do, would be the first step to changing bad things. Why aren't we doing that in large numbers?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
They killed one of my angels. I answered with AM-Warheads.
Expect the victims of that cruel act being SAVED SOULS hence I SHALL BE JUDGED INSTEAD OF THEM!!!

And don't worry, Beasty answers that call.

BTW: I am NOT Allfather, the MOST HIGH!!!

edit on 22-5-2015 by hewriteshere because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2015 by hewriteshere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh I´m aware of GPS... When the US attacked irak they changed some parameters that ended our divetrip in the red sea very soon because we were going for a reef you could only find if the sea is calm or per GPS. Sea wasn´t calm and GPS unreliable.

a reply to: Sublimecraft
Yes I´m aware, good that you posted it, others might not.

a reply to: spoonbender
A small condensator would (hypothetically) bridge this even if the battery is removed for a short time

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The thing is even if it was changed or just what it seems to be a change within regards to collection of phone calls with the pending re newel of the Patriot Act: texts will still be collected, internet use from the phone as well as the microphones installed picking up conversations.

top topics

join