It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That time a F/A-18 Super Hornet Went into the Merge with a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: StalkerSolent

It may have been. It's not used in the circles I was in though, so it's not really common.

Not surprising "...not used in the circles I was in though."
Remember that old war saying, "Loose lips sinks ships."

Today that would be said as: "Loose lips sinks flying careers."

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Very interesting

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If real, that's a fascinating story. 'Dave Fravor' is listed on the show 'Carrier.' The 'tic tac' object made me picture a Star Trek away team on that white, square shuttlecraft.

Scotty: Captain, you're nay gonna believe this!

Kirk: What is it Scotty?

Scotty: You're under attack by 21st Century aircraft!

Spock: We must have inverted the matter/anti-matter buffers and jumped to a separate time-line.....in...the....past...Captain.

Checkov: They've got a lock on you! Evasive manoeuvres while we re-reroute the buffer-overrun through our starboard nacelle, push the tractor beam through this storm cloud and return us to our time-line.

Picard: Make it so!

Kirk: WTF are you?! (scratches head and circles Picard in classic wrestling stance)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Reminds me of a story I heard once from somewhere about a pair of F-15Cs that were scrambled to intercept an "unknown" on the radar. One pilot saw the thing and reported it as looking like a large rock hovering at IIRC 33,000ft.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

If real, that's a fascinating story. 'Dave Fravor' is listed on the show 'Carrier.' The 'tic tac' object made me picture a Star Trek away team on that white, square shuttlecraft.

Scotty: Captain, you're nay gonna believe this!

Kirk: What is it Scotty?

Scotty: You're under attack by 21st Century aircraft!

Spock: We must have inverted the matter/anti-matter buffers and jumped to a separate time-line.....in...the....past...Captain.

Checkov: They've got a lock on you! Evasive manoeuvres while we re-reroute the buffer-overrun through our starboard nacelle, push the tractor beam through this storm cloud and return us to our time-line.

Picard: Make it so!

Kirk: WTF are you?! (scratches head and circles Picard in classic wrestling stance)

Hahaha! Yeah, pretty much.

I'm almost entirely certain it was a real encounter. The author of the story definitely knows what he is talking about (you can find him readily on Google and check his credentials.) The story is too precise to be a hallucination, so either it's a true story or the pilots are lying (which strikes me as odd and unlikely in this particular case.)

Slam-dunk alien spacecraft, no (sorry Kirk!) but real encounter, yes. My question is, why do we keep hearing the same routine for half a century?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It's one of those rare, detailed stories with verifiable names. All I can think of is that it's a hoax by the pilots or it's a genuinely interesting encounter with something very advanced.

There doesn't seem much else that fits between those two positions.

The shape and colour of the object doesn't lend itself to anything conventional. The 'white water' disturbance with no heat/exhaust signature supports the hoax versus genuine explanation too. What form of energy disturbs water without a heat signature? Even a heli would show heat.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It's one of those rare, detailed stories with verifiable names. All I can think of is that it's a hoax by the pilots or it's a genuinely interesting encounter with something very advanced.

The shape and colour of the object doesn't lend itself to anything conventional. The 'white water' disturbance with no heat/exhaust signature supports the hoax versus genuine explanation too. What form of energy disturbs water without a heat signature? Even a heli would show heat.

Perhaps a magnetic/electromagnetic or EMF type of field could do that to water since water is diamagnetic.

link   
double post.

edit on 19-5-2015 by evc1shop because: double

link   

Triple post, weird.
edit on 19-5-2015 by evc1shop because: tripled

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It would certainly be interesting to have someone poke at the story more. For instance, filing FOIA requests on the names of all the people involved might turn up something interesting.

Hmmm. See, I couldn't help but be reminded of "USOs" that we hear about from time to time. It almost seemed like a rendezvous to me, with the weird behavior of dropping out of the atmosphere to the surface of the water. What else would they be doing there? And I say this being completely on the fence about the origin of these things, I'm frankly not sold on the ET theory for this one. A flying tic-tac is certainly unconventional, though.

Incidentally, I thought it was interesting that the story said they could pick it up on the SPY-1 radar, but had a hard time locking it up on their fighter's radar due to what appeared to be jamming. That's the most conventional aspect of the encounter, because conventional military aircraft usually jam targeting radars and not tracking radars.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lots of words,
Lots of heresay
No video
Poor picture..

Same old, same old.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
Reminds me of a story I heard once from somewhere about a pair of F-15Cs that were scrambled to intercept an "unknown" on the radar. One pilot saw the thing and reported it as looking like a large rock hovering at IIRC 33,000ft.

Similiar story in the UK from a RAF radar officer who served in the 80's (think it was 80's)

Big object light the radar up in the north atlantic so the RAF scrambled jets to intercept the thing but couldnt but apprently one piliot saw something.

Official story was soviet missle test. But this guy swears it bollocks as it matched nothing russian he had seen or ever did see plus was so close to our waters the UK would have kicked up a massive diplomatic stink.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Interesting.
This pattern seems to go back to the '40s. Why do you think that is?
I'd dismiss the radar contacts as jamming if it wasn't for the eyewitnesses.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

He didn't make that up. I am in naval aviation. I fly in MH-60S (Navy's version of the Blackhawk) primarily as a SAR platform (I'm a rescue swimmer/crewchief/door gunner. Not as bad a$$ as Ashton Kutcher though
). Although my last squadron was an expeditionary squadron (mainly deployed on amphibs) I still did work-ups on carriers, which is what the Nimitz was doing in this article. The tower did, in fact, use the term AAV from time to time. Although, typically they would just say "radar contact" or "unidentified radar contact." Unfortunately all the "AAVs" or "radar contacts" we investigated as the SAR platform were something stupid like a fishing boat or a private plane or something just flying a little too close to the ship's AO.
Anyway, AAV is an actual acronym that's used. Just not used very often.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but aren't the alleged radar images in that article from that Gulf of Mexico sighting that was pretty much debunked as the oil platforms?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent
a reply to: crazyewok

Interesting.
This pattern seems to go back to the '40s. Why do you think that is?
I'd dismiss the radar contacts as jamming if it wasn't for the eyewitnesses.

Again like the other storys the RAF piliot, him and his team on duty got a visit from "agents".
Though he named them as one from USAF and one from the UK MOD who told them to keep it under wraps.

The RAF dude who told us this was pretty confident it was a US test of some kind but refused to go into details of why.
edit on 20-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am getting VERY frustrated by NOT KNOWING what is happening on this planet. I watch the MUFON show "Hangar 1" and "Ancient Aliens: The Definitive Evidence" and the preponderance of evidence clearly suggest something Earth-shattering is taking place.

I have also noticed that eight years in the White House seems to age the presidents by 20-30 years. Is the aging due to the extreme stress brought about by knowing you are really just a goldfish in a bowl and not, actually, the pinnacle of creation?

Eventually the truth MUST come out, right? With more cameras and TV exposure than at any other time a plurality of people must finally demand to know the truth.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

In the Fighter Sweep article I posted, the pilots had visual contact, so I doubt it was oil platforms

Or were you referring to something else?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Again like the other storys the RAF piliot, him and his team on duty got a visit from "agents".
Though he named them as one from USAF and one from the UK MOD who told them to keep it under wraps.

The RAF dude who told us this was pretty confident it was a US test of some kind but refused to go into details of why.

Hmm. I wonder if he also was experiencing electronic interference.
Did he talk about the shape of the craft at all?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I am getting VERY frustrated by NOT KNOWING what is happening on this planet. I watch the MUFON show "Hangar 1" and "Ancient Aliens: The Definitive Evidence" and the preponderance of evidence clearly suggest something Earth-shattering is taking place.

I have also noticed that eight years in the White House seems to age the presidents by 20-30 years. Is the aging due to the extreme stress brought about by knowing you are really just a goldfish in a bowl and not, actually, the pinnacle of creation?

I figure the President(s) probably have enough on their plate to worry about without adding aliens into the mix. I'm sure that would make it stressful, though.

Eventually the truth MUST come out, right? With more cameras and TV exposure than at any other time a plurality of people must finally demand to know the truth.

Demand of whom?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join