It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That time a F/A-18 Super Hornet Went into the Merge with a UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, ATS missed this one, which is too bad. It's one of the most intriguing UFO stories I've ever read. And the best part? It happened in 2004. Not amid the 1950s UFO crazes, but practically yesterday, in our own backyard. It's a great story, featuring a Super Hornet pilot merging with a UFO, trying to get radar lock...and film evidence...and the men in black. And, it's not only a great story but also almost certainly a true one.

Teaser:

Dave put FASTEAGLE 02 into high cover passing through about 15K and she and her WSO witnessed the events from a perfect vantage point. Dave continued his dive lower towards the object, now also attempting to slave the radar through his HMCS to achieve a short range lock. No luck. His intention was to pass the object close aboard at about 350 kts, but as he got closer he noticed that the AAV had oriented one of its skinny ends towards him, as if, in his words, “It had just noticed us” and it was now pointing at them.

I highly encourage you to check out the rest of it here

I personally find this incredibly interesting, not merely because of the credibility of the witnesses (all trained U.S. Navy personnel) but also because of the marked similarity between this case and other, older, "classic" UFO stories.

Thoughts, ATS? I'd like some feedback, because the similarity between this case and the "classic" UFO cases is frankly unsettling. So is the raw reality of it all. It's the "closest" I've ever come to a UFO, from the perspective that it is (well, could be) a major case that happened in my lifetime, and there is a tangibility to the whole thing that is much different from the shadowy nature of alien abductions that it really hits home, at least for me.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
explain the jargon, please..HMCS AAV etc. thank you.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StalkerSolent

Paul Hellyard, the former Defensive Minister and former Prime Minister of Canada, came right out and said UFOs and E.T.s are real and we are all being lied to. This was in 2012, I believe. THAT was almost yesterday.

But, good story and S&F to you!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57

google be yo best friend

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

HMCS: Helmet Mounted Cuing System, your weapons look where you look.

AV: Air Vehicle (Never heard AAV used except for an amphibious assault vehicle)

WSO: Weapon System Officer, also known as the Guy In Back.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Paul Hellyard, the former Defensive Minister and former Prime Minister of Canada, came right out and said UFOs and E.T.s are real and we are all being lied to. This was in 2012, I believe. THAT was almost yesterday.

But, good story and S&F to you!

not sure he was a PM ,but he clearly states that as a DM he never encountered any evidence from his time as a DM that would suggest we have been encountered or that the gov knew about it .

it was all All based off of book he had read Post DM .

edit on 18-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57

Zaphod did a good job of it!

originally posted by: Zaphod58

AV: Air Vehicle (Never heard AAV used except for an amphibious assault vehicle)

In-article he defines them as Anomalous Aerial Vehicles.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That explains it then. Hard to define something he made up.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

get it zap !

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

He was interim PM and gave a speech dedicated to Obama mid last year accounting his own experiences. I watched it. I believe him over our administration any day.
edit on 1431994379Monday31Mon, 18 May 2015 19:12:59 -0500pmMonday1270731 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

edit on 1431994433Monday31Mon, 18 May 2015 19:13:53 -0500pmMonday1370731 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

He was interim PM and gave a speech dedicated to Obama mid last year accounting his own experiences. I watched it. I believe him ovim our administration any day.

First elected as a Liberal in 1949 federal election in the riding of Davenport, he was the youngest person ever elected to that point in the Canadian House of Commons. He served a brief stint as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of National Defence, and made a good impression. He was then named Associate Minister of National Defence in the cabinet of Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent. This post was short-lived, though, as Hellyer lost his seat when the St. Laurent government lost the 1957 election two months later.

Hellyer returned to parliament in a 1958 by-election in the neighbouring riding of Trinity, and became an effective opposition critic of John Diefenbaker's Progressive Conservative government.

looks like he was a high ranking cabinet member to the PM of the time , a position = to the DPM .
not sure he was named the DPM though . But still he was never PM as you stated .

provide the video so I can review it please .

Thanks

Kap

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The targets, dubbed Anomalous Aerial Vehicles (AAVs)

Looks like AAV may be an alternative term for UFO. I am not sure if the UFO community knows this, but I wonder how many public and leaked documents have the term/acronym in them now.

I am digging around to see if somehow, a copy of that video is out there somewhere, no luck as of yet.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Paul Hellyer, whether UFOs exist or not, is a very elderly man suffering from dementia. Members of the Canadian govt and even his own family have asked people to politely ignore his new obsession. Take it all with a grain of salt. If he was really in the know about anything don't you think he would give us the nitty-gritty instead of the tired old " US Govt is hiding this and that and blah blah". We should let the man die with dignity and not let UFOs be his legacy IMO.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Very interesting and detailed account of events. Pity the YouTube video is still not around. Like the Op said, makes it that more intriguing now the background story behind it is known.
edit on 18/5/15 by jamesthegreat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I don't think it was made up by the author; I get the impression that's what the radar gurus onboard the USS Princeton called the UFO. No idea if they made it up on their own or not.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I stated that because I heard the man state it in the opening of his speech.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MonsterMash

The man I watched speak was eloquent, precise, lucid, and thoughtful in his words. My mother in law passed away last June from Dementia. I recognize the symptoms. If Hellyard has dementia, he did not show any signs of it that day.

Sounds like he has the support of a real loving family (not).

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It may have been. It's not used in the circles I was in though, so it's not really common.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I have never heard it either, not in chatter or radio communications at any time. It also is not common practice, and bad radio etiquette to throw out terminology no one has heard, or even be ambiguous in verbiage at all. However, given the situation, I could understand, I just don't know why common terminology would not be used.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I'm sure he did speak lucidly and eloquently. After all, that's been his strong point for 60+ years. Now tell me what new exciting proof he had on the subject. Surely someone with his credentials can do better than the lectures I've seen of him. By the way, I work with many elders suffering from dementia. Just because he can hold an audience for an hour doesn't mean he's "OK".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join