It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Don't want to accept that? Fine. Look at the suicide rates of males who engage in same-sex behavior compared to heterosexual men.

Can you source that please?

Even if it was true, and it isn't just based on demographics I'm sure, that would be caused by Heterosexuals being assholes to homosexuals.

Suicide rates amongst young men or people in general actually, is directly correlated to peer abuse and socio-economic standing. Nothing to do with the fact that they are attracted to the same sex.

Nice try though.

Or what used to be norms...

Exactly.

It used to be norm to hate black people or other people different than white males. We don't do that anymore cause it was silly and ignorant.

The same applies for mistreating people because of sexual orientation, it's silly and ignorant and so society at large has now decided to ridicule and in general, since there is no actual data to prove that homosexuality is 'bad'.

So your argument, proves you wrong in a variety of ways. Your argument is is nothing much emotions. Nothing more than that's how you 'personally' feel about the issue. And that's just not good enough for most people to agree with you, that have some semblance of common sense and critical thinking at their disposal.

Which is why people who carry the same views as you do, are an ever declining demographic.

~Tenth

edit on 5/7/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Let me ask you a very simple question. How has people engaging in homosexual behavior personally, and quantifiably harmed you as a person?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

LGBT have been part of the human condition since the dawn of man and are equally loved by the creator.

However, being as such does not entitle one to "special" considerations.

Hypocrites such as Sylvia Driskell are an anathema to their faith.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

LGBT have been part of the human condition since the dawn of man and are equally loved by the creator.

However, being as such does not entitle one to "special" considerations.

Hypocrites such as Sylvia Driskell are an anathema to their faith.

They are, however, entitled to "equal" considerations.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Deviant sexual behavior - in every form - most certainly harms many. Look at the wake of the sexual revolution.

What about it? What is harmful about the sexual revolution exactly? Besides that people don't have to hide that they enjoy having sex with multiple partners. Because frankly it was always going on. The only thing that changed with the sexual revolution is that people (mostly women) were finally able to admit it without ridicule.

Don't want to accept that? Fine. Look at the suicide rates of males who engage in same-sex behavior compared to heterosexual men.

Lol this is a fine example of correlation not equaling causation. Ignoring the fact that you have failed to even provide a source for this claim, it is pretty much agreed on that most homosexual suicides are directly linked to peer and familial ridicule. You know, "good" Christians disowning their gay son who in turn commits suicide because he thinks he has no support now?

The claim that 'what goes on behind closed doors has no effect on me' is demonstrably wrong. If you were isolated on an island, that might hold water, but you and I exist in a sea of humanity organized into societal norms for the benefit of the society.

Or what used to be norms...

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. Going against the norms is harmful to people? That's some dumb reasoning. Going against the norms is how progress happens. Your argument is ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I think its because its something many of us cannot relate to, more than anything. That makes it "odd" to us.

I will never be able to relate.. it is what it is.. cannot really wrap my mind around it, so I don't attempt to in all honesty, the couple times I tried I just couldn't. I always try to put myself in someone elses shoes, and this is an area I cannot manage to do that.. so I have to look at it differently than others perhaps..

To me its kind of like myself and one of my friends, who was black. Their ideas often concerning relationships to mine was a huge cultural difference. Just differences in how their women behave toward there men and how their men react to that is honestly like night and day.. so we laugh at one another - and just accept that there are differences..

(and don't worry, he did his fare share of laughing at me too, we really were and are good friends)

But it is this inability to truly relate that causes a divide. Because it means we cannot understand.. not in any real way.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Can you source that please?

Even if it was true, and it isn't just based on demographics I'm sure, that would be caused by Heterosexuals being assholes to homosexuals.

What a sick, twisted view you have...'gay suicide is caused by heterosexuals!' This speaks volumes of your mindset.

Gens Hellquist, former exec. director of Canadian Rainbow Health Coalition testifying one year after same sex "marriage" was legalized:

“We have one of the poorest health statuses in this country … Health issues affecting queer Canadians include lower life expectancy than the average Canadian, suicide, higher rates of substance abuse, depression, inadequate access to care and HIV/AIDS. There are all kinds of health issues that are endemic to our community. We have higher rates of anal cancer in the gay male community, lesbians have higher rates of breast cancer….now that we can get married everyone assumes that we don’t have any issues any more. A lot of the deaths that occur in our community are hidden, we don’t see them. Those of us who are working on the front lines see them and I’m tired of watching my community die.”

Noting that facts about this are totally irrelevant to your bigoted mindset, here is another 'source' for you - go read it.

Jay P. Paul, et al, “Suicide Attempts among Gay and Bisexual Men: Lifetime Prevalence and Antecedents,” American Journal of Public Health, (8/02)

You turn my stomach.

(post by LiberLegit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

But it is this inability to truly relate that causes a divide. Because it means we cannot understand.. not in any real way.

Hm, I can't agree with this. I'm heterosexual, but it is not at all uncommon for most people to relate to homosexuals, based on their humanity, and the understanding of this: they want what they want and they love who they love, like the rest of us.

It's not that difficult.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit
Glad someone is finally taking a stand against these mentally ill abominations
By "Mentally Ill Abomination" surely you mean the mentally challenged woman who thinks she can actually sue every single homosexual in America, right?

....Right?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Lol his opinion isn't a result of bigotry against heterosexuals like you are implying.

Suicide among LGBT youth

According to some groups, this is linked to heterocentric cultures and institutionalised homophobia in some cases, including the use of rights and protections for LGBT people as a political wedge issue like in the contemporary efforts to halt legalising same-sex marriages.[9][10][11] Depression and drug use among LGBT people have both been shown to increase significantly after new laws that discriminate against gay people are passed.[12]

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Risking the wrath of the moderator again - your comprehension skills are lacking.

I'm not the one blaming normal people for gay suicide - that was -Tenth.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So you link neither of your sources and the the last one is from 2002?

Which was when Canada was still actively debating gay marriage?

Can you source something of relevance in the last 5 years?

What a sick, twisted view you have...'gay suicide is caused by heterosexuals!' This speaks volumes of your mindset.

So according to you, the abuse that homosexuals get, verbally and emotionally, by various others, has no effect on their mental health? IT could NOT lead to depression or drugs, or suicide?

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No I comprehended just fine what you were getting at. You were accusing Tenth of being bigoted against heterosexuals because he was claiming that heterosexuals cause homosexual suicides. Well what he said is true as I just showed you with the link. The reason why homosexual suicide rates are so high is because of bigoted heterosexuals like YOU.

The fact that you don't even realize this is outstanding. You actively work to make homosexual life as difficult as possible, deny rights to them left and right, call them names directly and indirectly (like referring to heterosexuals as "normal"), and just overall treat them like crap and you can't see a connection to why homosexuals kill themselves at a higher rate than other groups?
edit on 7-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Risking the wrath of the moderator again - your comprehension skills are lacking.

I'm not the one blaming normal people for gay suicide - that was -Tenth.
he's not blaming normal people. He blaming (in part) bigots. Normal people aren't bigots.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

So according to you, the abuse that homosexuals get, verbally and emotionally, by various others, has no effect on their mental health? IT could NOT lead to depression or drugs, or suicide?

~Tenth

No - according to YOU, heterosexuals are the cause of gay suicide.

Those were your words.

And what a shock - I give you two sources and you disregard them.

Now back to your personal bigotry.....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I do think this is the saddest post of the entire thread, in all honesty.

There are parts of the world where homosexuality is punishable by death... yet still there are homosexuals having relationships with other homosexuals, they just keep it much much quieter. Many are willing to risk death.

The entirety of the homosexual community in Canada, the USA and elsewhere knows the dangers, the risks, and sees all that goes on around them. They see it much more than any of us I am sure, since they live inside the community with us on the outside looking in.

It's their life to live, and you cannot live it for them. They have choices they make, and are more than willing to make them..

I cannot sit in judgement of that. I would actually commend that in anyone.. believing in something so strongly that not even death will stop you from following what you believe, and what you are.

I don't have to pay any price - they do. If I choose to smoke cigarettes until I am dead inside my own house, it is my choice, if I choose to do anything inside my own house.. it is my choice... No matter what they choose, it is their choice.

edit on 7-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Not really, i'm sick of gay people and their whiny bull# glad someone on the other side isn't scared to hit them back. Granted she is an idiot, and the way she is going about it is HILARIOUS, at least someone isn't willing to bend over (lol) for their divisive bull#

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You still haven't answer my previous question. How does homosexual behavior personally hurt you?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Not really, i'm sick of gay people and their whiny bull# glad someone on the other side isn't scared to hit them back. Granted she is an idiot, and the way she is going about it is HILARIOUS, at least someone isn't willing to bend over (lol) for their divisive bull#
By "whiny bull#" you mean their whole "we want to be given the same rights as anyone else" thing? Because I see that as pretty reasonable. I also noted how you made a not so subtle dig with your "bend over (lol)" statement. Your bigotry is showing. Then again, it was pretty obvious when you called homosexuals "mentally ill abominations" Where does your hate of gays stem from? Is it religious?

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join