It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I don't think that it would go that high before the court date. And in order for it to be legitimate and get the LGBT community to pay up or even attend they would have to be given a summons and have the time to travel there and be there in the court room, or it could be argued that she violated the rights of all of those people. Think about it, would you really want to violate the rights of 10 million people in the country? It could get very messy legally.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

"Forum Gangs are not allowed" - Terms and Conditions number 3.2.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yes, YOUR morality isn't important to 99% of the world.

At least you're standing up for your convictions I guess.

~Tenth

99% of the world also is not homosexual, nor condones or accepts it. The small populations of Western Europe and America that accept the homosexual agenda with open arms do not even come close to 1%. The rest of the country is simply forced to accept the laws passed and lobbied for by a tiny minority of individuals, who unfortunately is getting larger thanks to the homosexual propaganda all over the 24/7 media, brainwashing kids from birth with suggestive themes in their cartoons, and then making it seem ok.

I hope she wins.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

99% of the world also is not homosexual, nor condones or accepts it. The small populations of Western Europe and America that accept the homosexual agenda with open arms do not even come close to 1%. The rest of the country is simply forced to accept the laws passed and lobbied for by a tiny minority of individuals, who unfortunately is getting larger thanks to the homosexual propaganda all over the 24/7 media, brainwashing kids from birth with suggestive themes in their cartoons, and then making it seem ok.

I hope she wins.

Everybody... this is called baiting. Tread at your own risk.

[edit] - after some rethinking... it appears that this is another example of Poe's law. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/6/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower I think it's pitiful that she feels that she has the hotline to God and Jesus.I hope the judge does laugh her right outta the courtroom.Just to see how much of a blow to her ego it will be.

edit on 103131p://0426 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://0426 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So when do we finally acknowledge the fact that these religious freaks have a very serious mental illness?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I figure let them say it. Nobody's going to stop the outcry of a dying ideology. For some who call themselves Christians this kind of progress is seen as a threat to their positions. I'm sure we all remember how many politicians and interests were backed by homophobic institutions, many affiliated with Christian churches. They're bound to feel forcibly silenced after so many years having a huge megaphone. Let them mourn their passing out of public favor, it helps to ease the transition. Silence breeds contempt and we certainly don't need more people feeling so socially outcast that they resort to extremism to feel heard. There's a lot of deprogramming going on right now, it's gonna take some adjustment.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
And what would that be?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is just stupid, some 21st century Christians just don't get it.
It's not up to any of us to stop them, just leave them alone. Let them have there rights.
What would Jesus do, give them the message, and leave them be, to make the choice of their own free will.

God can handle them all alone, he doesn't need any human help, he has in the past, and will in the future.
And if you don't believe in that God, then you aren't worried anyways.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I don't do these often, but this woman sounds like the type of person that might appreciate it.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Soo...this happened.

It would be really hard to make this stuff up.

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to make it up at all. Seen any good movies lately? Or, frankly, seen any crappy movies lately? The dumbest, least motivated script writer could make this up in ten minutes.

Have you noticed there has been a flurry of activity in the area of free speech lately? You know, if they were planning on making some kind of "landmark" legal ruling against free speech, they'd probably need to soften the public up for it first, wouldn't they?

Anyway, I just get annoyed when people say "you can't make this stuff up". Oh yes you can. Never underestimate the people who want your rights to go away. You might be right or you might be wrong but you will always be well served by wondering if they're up to something.
edit on 7-5-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I hope this woman gets sued by the state of Nebraska for wasting their time.
What a fool.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
wow! Its like the premise to an episode out of Southpark which has not yet aired. Surprised the creators of that show did not yet think to put such an episode out, it would be hilarious. But on to reality, which is that thing that does not have to make as much sense as the fiction that is southpark.

I really dont know what to say.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

"Forum Gangs are not allowed" - Terms and Conditions number 3.2.

What are you referring to?

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I hope she wins.

I wasn't aware that you were personal friends with over 7 billion people.

Your facebook and twitter must be record setting!

I'm sure, what you meant to say is that the heads of organizations that claim to represent 99% of the people don't , accept or condone homosexuality.

And since they don't actually represent those people, only their own selfish ideals based on scripture or conviction or whatever other "insert dumb reason here", that's sort of a moot point.

Not only that, but you can't verify that claim.

99% of people?

Lol

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Wait a minute...I didn't think Christians were allowed to be offended. Everybody else is...but not Christians.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I like you, but I am going to have this discussion from two angles with you.. because in a way, I do disagree with you.

First, I don't think its my job to either accept, condone or disapprove, of a perfect strangers sexual habits that are between two adults, is consensual, and harms no one, which I don't have to witness. (unlike the recent public sex act that many thought was perfectly fine) People apparently do many things I think is beyond weird.. but really - its not my place to speak on them.

Is it immoral according to our religion.. yes - this is what I do believe. We as Christians are to avoid immorality and sin, and homosexuality is on a very long list of things we do attempt to avoid in our own lives.

But herein lies the point.. the laws and rules are for us. They set us apart from the world. We become seen as something different than the norm, but this is also due to many other things as well.. our compassion, our caring, our truthfulness, our kindness to others, our refusal to accept sin in our own ranks.

This is how I see Christians.. now.. don't get me wrong I am not as up on Christianity as many seem to think they are perhaps, because I was only truly saved a few month back now, and prior to that I was a practicing Muslim.. so.. many will think my opinions have little merit due to that concerning Christianity.

But this is the Christianity I see in that book, and I see in Jesus. Be different, rise above the norm, show Jesus in all your actions. Love. Remove the moat from your own eye so you can see clearly to pull the splinter from your brothers eye..

and one more thing.. very important.

1 Corinthians 5:12
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13But those who are outside, God judges.

I can think its abnormal, I can think its so many things, but Christians are supposed to separate from the world, rise above it while still living in it, and still showing the love of Christ. We aren't supposed to be like the pharisees..

And we aren't living under the Christian version of Shariah law in this country. We live under the constitution. The people who founded this country, and many many of the people who came to this country, came to escape just that sort of thing.

And under the constitution all men are created equal.. it doesn't say unless they are homosexual. They have the same rights as us - and should have. Religion, what we think is weird, none of it really comes into play when its not in the public purview. If we go down that route all the way.. many people would like to keep government out of their bedrooms.. its not really the governments place.

To those who stand against gay marriage.. it is the fault of your forefathers and mine, to have brought a religious rite and given government any measure of say in it. Now it is a secular thing.. not your fault.. but those who came before..

we really should correct that one in our own ranks, and privatize our own religious marriages.. As for me, the government has no say in mine - only God does.

And since God is the only judge of those outside the church.. then I say we have no say in what others do, who are outside the church. And perhaps it would be best, to concern ourselves with modeling Jesus in our own lives.. that is difficult enough for me..

And at which time, as the bible says, that we have removed the moat from our own eye.. perhaps we should look to judging ourselves and following the bible in that regard. Because quite frankly I find the amount of sin staggering within Christian churches.. gossip, slander, all many of things.. that to me is pretty darn weird.. from the perspective of a spirit filled believer.
edit on 7-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hearows
a reply to: Seamrog

What goes on between consenting adults is nobody's business and insinuating yourself upon it is micromanaging of an all too dictatorial style. Just can't really force morality on others...

What do you think our laws are, if not an imposition of one moral view over the lives of others?

... and they're not hurting anyone.

Deviant sexual behavior - in every form - most certainly harms many. Look at the wake of the sexual revolution.

Don't want to accept that? Fine. Look at the suicide rates of males who engage in same-sex behavior compared to heterosexual men.

The claim that 'what goes on behind closed doors has no effect on me' is demonstrably wrong. If you were isolated on an island, that might hold water, but you and I exist in a sea of humanity organized into societal norms for the benefit of the society.

Or what used to be norms...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Maybe it is nothing but a money making scheme and she is waiting for it to NOT be heard and then she can file suit and say well this court n that court all the way up to the Supreme Court heard arguments on behalf of gays or lesbians as a whole as plaintiffs so the fact that you won't hear me vs LGBT as DEFENDANTS is discrimination and will she will walk away with millions knowing this country.
edit on 5/7/2015 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is unbelievable lol yet TOTALLY believable. I'm sure that the alleged creator of the universe is HIGHLY concerned with homosexuality.

In all seriousness though, it amazes me how VERY little critical thinking this kind of person displays. They should entertain this notion: Did you ever once think, hey, maybe, JUST maybe, the people of that time found homosexuality to be gross and bizarre, so to keep everyone from partaking in it, they used God, whom everyone feared, as their pretext to banish it? It's like telling a young child that there is a monster under their bed, but if they behave, and stop taking cookies from the cookie jar, the monster will never come out to get them. I mean really. It's as though this woman is literally missing a chunk of her brain.

I'm a typical heterosexual male. I love women. But you know what? Some men don't. Some men enjoy other males. Some women prefer females. WHO CARES. This argument is getting tiring. I fully support freedom for EVERYONE. I've had gay friends, bisexual friends, and lesbian friends. They are PEOPLE. NOT abominations. It's amazing just how damn hypocritical a woman such as her can be. Love thy neighbor...ha...

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join