It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
People need to learn about ganja before making stupid stereotypical non smoker comments.

If you did you would know our body is filled with cabanoid receptors, mainly in the brain and liver. We evolved from an ancestor of the plant when we all originated from the oceans. It's the same for near all animals.

Those who are directly affected by it in terms of mental illness, as unfortunate as it is, would have experienced at some point regardless. They have a genetic disposition to mental illness and could easily be triggered by trauma, alcohol, basically any event that causes distress.

It's the old age cause and effect argument. People with low ambition are attracted to ganja, not the ganja giving it to them

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
A druggie that you are referring to are not smokers. These are the junkies who do coc aine, crack, meth, drugs with highly addictive physical properties. Ganja has none of these. Please do not label all druggies as the same. It's offensive to successful people like the woman on the OP

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Very well put(star). But don't forget the pharmaceutical industry. They are terrified of it because more than half of the drugs they shell out can be replaced by a plant. Not to mention the tobacco and alcohol industry are the ones that sponsor those horrible anti cannabis ad's we all see on TV.

Amazing how much fear a plant can generate.
edit on 30-4-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I didn't believe the whole cannabis induced schizophrenia thing people talk about until recently...

Now I actually know a guy that gets paranoid delusions, and hallucinations from smoking it.

Simple lesson really... Marijuana isn't for everyone... it affects everyone differently

IF one hallucinates when said person smokes it, its a good sign that its probably not for that person

In any case the guy still smokes it... And I still have issues believing him...

I think he just says that to piss off his parents, even though the doctors confirm its cannabis induced schizophrenia

Wtf do doctors know these days anyways

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JAY1980

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

But burning a bit of dry leaf of another ancient medicinal plant, tobacco, is horrible for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

You would be surprised how much money it will cost you when you must pay only once the breakfast for every person with psychological problems because of smoking pot on a daily basis. How about paying lunch for every person who lost ambition to make something of his/her life because of smoking pot on a daily basis. I spare you paying for dinner...

Marijuana isn't bad for everyone, but isn't good for everyone either...

Don't bother arguing about the potential health problems of smoking weed on ATS. Many here are prone to confirmation bias and will never admit it can cause mental health problems. It can and does.I was there when it happened to me and a few other friends. I wonder how many here understand the effects of selective breeding and higher THC levels in today's weed or how CBD protects the brain from the negative effects of THC but is lacking in the weed of today.
edit on 30-4-2015 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
I didn't believe the whole cannabis induced schizophrenia thing people talk about until recently...

Now I actually know a guy that gets paranoid delusions, and hallucinations from smoking it.

Simple lesson really... Marijuana isn't for everyone... it affects everyone differently

IF one hallucinates when said person smokes it, its a good sign that its probably not for that person

In any case the guy still smokes it... And I still have issues believing him...

I think he just says that to piss off his parents, even though the doctors confirm its cannabis induced schizophrenia

Wtf do doctors know these days anyways

I question statements like these. Cannabis use has been rising since the 40's yet mental disorders like schizophrenia stay the same. Of course the way we diagnose mental disorders has changed a lot. But still... I feel the smoking is exposing an already dormant issue. It's not from the act itself. The medical world just discovered the endocannabinoid system system in 1991. So YES the doctors don't really know much in regards this plant and it's effects. Hell my computer doesn't even recognize endocannabinoid as a word...

Wiki

Doctors are just legal drug dealers these days. You see an ad for a new drug advising you to ask your doctor about it. You ask your doctor and your doctor says sure lets try it. To me that's a drug dealer feeding an addict.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I was referring to someone like a junkie, not a pot smoker being cut off from their supply....

This is a possible reason powerful illegal stimulants aren't encouraged in the workplace. Please read my post again.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dont think you people are quite thinking straight

MJ is not the cure all, friendly leaf you want it to be.

Watch and wait, lets see what happens over time. I know people mj has destroyed mentally.
I have also seen the carnage from automobile accidents and broken marriages

Ok so your drug of choice is no longer denied you, dont go making it something it is not

It still needs to be respected as a mind altering chemical that is dangerous if not treated with respect

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I dont think you people are quite thinking straight

MJ is not the cure all, friendly leaf you want it to be.

Watch and wait, lets see what happens over time. I know people mj has destroyed mentally.

I have yet to see this mental destruction you mention and I live in the cannabis capitol of the world. If I could only speak freely about the curative properties of this plant you'd be amazed. But T&C prevents that. But I can say it's not a drug. It's a supplement. CBD and CBN(found in cannabis) are found in breast milk, and essential for human brain development. It's essential to our makeup as vitamin D. Thats why it's a cure all. Maybe not everything.

Cancer
PTSD
Crohns
Fibromyalgia
Eczema
Those are just the ones that come to mind at the moment...

Eta. This is cannabis owning a supposedly untreatable disease.
Warning graphic

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Can't believe these kind of articles even are put out there. Everyone I know either partakes or did, except for some of the elderly. And that would include cops, social workers, etc. Think this is slanted to groups that don't exist, something like the wizard of oz. Of course normal people partake. There are a few of us who didn't but would for health reasons, but more because I have to take ibprofen for all things such as flu's, headaches, swellings, pain, and also to bring down fever. My aunt swears that only tylenol brings down fever but I cant take 5 of them, and not cut down a temperature, it doesnt agree with my system.

We're all different, not everything does the same thing for everyone. That is only caveat to what I wrote relating to everyone I've ever met. There are few of us, that don't do well with things.

Find this whole debate phony, its slanting people's outlook, so they think its normal to be different and not accept this.

US may be different as there are more fundamentalists there.

But I do what the fig tree was that Christ ordered burnt and destroyed. It wasn't feminized.

I hate fake news slanted to a mentality that isn't the way most people are, but its written with an agenda to try and create that mindset, by normalizing this to people. Its bs, no one thinks you wouldn't be normal looking or acting.
edit on 30-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is simple to me. People should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't injure other people or their property. Any other laws are in place to protect the 1%.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The issue I have with the current way things are with the laws is how unfairly administered it is, not 'state by state' like some people say, but rather by race.

“In many ways the imagery doesn't sit right,” said Michelle Alexander, associate professor of law at Ohio State University and author of The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness in a public conversation on March 6 with Asha Bandele of the Drug Policy Alliance. “Here are white men poised to run big marijuana businesses, dreaming of cashing in big—big money, big businesses selling weed—after 40 years of impoverished black kids getting prison time for selling weed, and their families and futures destroyed. Now, white men are planning to get rich doing precisely the same thing?”

www.alternet.org...

The fact that lives are still being destroyed and some people are content with the tides changing within ten to fifteen years while good men and women waste away behind bars in cages is part of the reason why the rage inside some people has spilled over to the streets. Just my personal opinion.

And yes, I smoke cannabis daily, and need to.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
I agree with you somewhat. It does need to be respected, with one strain varying in strength and flavor and effect. It should be used with the same precaution and discretion as beer, liquor, or even prescription drugs.
Still, the benefits are undeniable on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Off the top of my head I can count a dozen friends who will tell anyone who listens that cannabis saved their lives. Literally saved them from a life of alcoholism and misery. Each one is the child of an alcoholic parent who was well down that same path when introduced to cannabis.
Two of my dearly departed friends probably extended their lives by decades because once they found cannabis, they gave up alcohol. Members of their families will tell you that they saw remarkable changes in moods and temperament. They were able to turn from being stumbling drunks with disintegrating careers and families to productive people with happy careers and home lives.
These people aren't/weren't criminals. They are productive people who use, don't abuse cannabis.
See, the War on American Citizens, commonly known as the War on Drugs, has never acknowledged the difference between the use of cannabis and the abuse of same. Sure, there are a percentage of the people who use it who will abuse it, just as there are a certain percentage of people who will abuse pharmaceuticals or diet supplements or food. Abuse of any substance is a symptom of some deeper issue and should be treated, not thrown in jail.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessme2
The issue I have with the current way things are with the laws is how unfairly administered it is, not 'state by state' like some people say, but rather by race.

Spot on! It's a tragedy that a certain demograph is targeted while another reaps the rewards. People are serving time for something that's now legal. The majority black and hispanic.

The last 3 presidents are technically ineligible for office because they admitted to smoking cannabis. Yet they all enforce the very law they admit to breaking. Hypocrisy and politics at its finest.
edit on 1-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I know LOTS of folks EXACTLY like her...........LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and just like this pioneer of the new era, likewise hold positions of great influence and power in society and are extremely sharp intellectually.

1. The "war on drugs" is the biggest fail in history, having the exact opposite result (by design) than what the propaganda machine spews.

2. It has the potential to cure cancer and a multitude of other ailments.

Not for everyone, just like these (off the top of my head) natural and non natural items........tobacco, grog, meat, shell fish, dairy, wheat, codine, coffee, peanuts.

#4 I am seriously considering for my new signature with a link back here but I'll plant that idea with KS first.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Iv'e seen the cannabis destruction. It took my best friend away from me, before the delusions and paranoi kicked in he just acted normal. I watched over the years as he became more and more withdrawn and more addicted, yes ADDICTED to the high. To say that a 'high' isn't addicting is, quite frankly, lubriciously stupid. People 'chase' the high or the 'mellow'.

I think saying cannabis is the bees knees is incredibly stupid.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

a reply to: zatara

Are you serious? Like this post is in direct contradiction to the OP. It's ridiculous! Psychological problems from smoking weed? There are tons of people who smoke weed every day in this country and there are barely ANY people diagnosed with psychological problems from using it. Then the stupid lost ambition fallacy... Just a trademark of the stoner stereotype. That fallacy has been disproven since there are PLENTY of people functioning in the working world who smoke pot all the time.

Where are you getting this information from. Start posting some evidence of your goofy claims.

Marijuana isn't bad for everyone, but isn't good for everyone either...

Nothing is good for everyone. I just posted a link earlier in the thread to apple allergies. Should we make apples illegal because they are bad for a small percentage of the population?

Maybe this article will do it for you...

some info for you

For your information, I started to smoke the stuff at age 14 and been around when it comes to drugs. I ve seen friends and other people go down because of using the stuff. I will feel blessed if my kids would stay away from pot. Don't get me wrong, some people can smoke it everyday without any problems whatsoever and can be a wonderfull medicine for others but there are other stories too which should not be denied.

Maybe it is also news for you that people are specificly in rehab for their pot addiction. Would you like some evidence of this statement too?

edit on 1/5/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightlight7

But burning a bit of dry leaf of another ancient medicinal plant, tobacco, is horrible for you.

Cigarettes ARE bad for you. I'm not entirely sure about tobacco, so I suggest vaping instead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join