It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
Maybe this article will do it for you...

some info for you

A general information site about marijuana? That doesn't say anything about what you are claiming, by the way. How about actually posting some scientific studies that confirm how dangerous marijuana is?

For your information, I started to smoke the stuff at age 14 and been around when it comes to drugs. I ve seen friends and other people go down because of using the stuff. I will feel blessed if my kids would stay away from pot. Don't get me wrong, some people can smoke it everyday without any problems whatsoever and can be a wonderfull medicine for others but there are other stories too which should not be denied.

Not everything is good for everyone. I posted evidence that apples are bad for some people. That doesn't mean we should ban apples. This argument of, "OH woe is me! I tried marijuana and it hurt me!" is getting tiring. Answer me this. What is the total number of people who have overdosed on marijuana?

Maybe it is also news for you that people are specificly in rehab for their pot addiction. Would you like some evidence of this statement too?

I never claimed that marijuana isn't addictive. In FACT, I recognize that EVERYTHING is addictive. That's how your brain works. Rehab works by replacing your drug addiction with a "positive" addiction, but they are still addictions. Another useless argument...
edit on 1-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Well jay

I believe you but at the same time you can overdo on pot

Just like overdoing on vitamin A or water

And you can wreck yourself

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: iLikeCIAnot

Nobody has ever died from a marijuana overdose because, A person can NOT overdose on marijuana.

National Cancer Institute:
"Because cannabinoid receptors, unlike opioid receptors, are not located in the brain stem areas that control respiration or heart rate, lethal overdoses form cannabis do not occur"

But I would like to add; inhaling burnt or combusted material, whether it be marijauna, tobacco, or a burning car tire, is not good for you. Vape Life

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think your friend must have a lot more going on with him than just smoking pot. Unless he was a charactre from a 1930's movie.

a reply to: Joneselius

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I though all drug threads were banned???!!!
.....or did the policy chanve????

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I understand there is not much you don't know or accept that is different than your own view.

Yes you are right, its useless.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

I understand there is not much you don't know or accept that is different than your own view.

Yes you are right, its useless.

That's cool. I wasn't expecting you to post any scientific studies backing your claims up anyways.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: borntowatch
I agree with you somewhat. It does need to be respected, with one strain varying in strength and flavor and effect. It should be used with the same precaution and discretion as beer, liquor, or even prescription drugs.
Still, the benefits are undeniable on so many levels.

Isnt it funny, you agree with me using simple logic and common sense
yes it is like beer, liquor, or even prescription drugs
So why are so many saying its just like coffee or better

Strange?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I try to avoid joints/blunts because you really don't need that extra crap in your lungs
i prefer bubblers or just plain glass pipes. Cannabis resin doesn't build up in your lungs the way cigarette tar does, most of it naturally gets flushed out of your lungs.
edit on 1-5-2015 by 6Taco6Smell6 because: typo

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Just because it does not effect all minds in the same severe way, does not mean its ok. What your talking about here is a gamble with a sensitive mind, that being of a younger individual. Younger, because the kinds of drugs like weed and legal highs are marketed towards the younger generation.

You may have dodged the bullet or maybe not but to the vast population those that have been taken in by such 'soft drugs' have moved onto bigger drugs or if not have not achieved their full potential. Some have stronger minds, some are weaker. To make drugs so readily available makes the likely outcome that younger generations see it as an ok thing to do. Not only is it destructive but the amount of times I have smelt someone pass me smoking weed I have noted one of two things. They are underachievers normally working a dead end job and also smell like rotting waste. Neither looks good on them.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Pah ha. More stoner propaganda!

One or two gripes with the op here.

Your title says she smoked it every day for 50 years. Yet you then go on to say she stopped when she was pregnant and also quit while dating her current husband. Lol, so i guess not quite every day for 50 years then? And you say she stopped for her current husband, so i guess she hasn't smoked for a while then?

The fact you use this as proof that weed isn't addictive staggers me. A lot of people throughout the world have managed to come off of heroin! So based on your above assumptions i suppose you are saying heroin is not addictive? Or cigarettes, that many people have managed to quit, so they're not addictive either then?

More BS from stoners. I love these threads. I think all the weed has messed your ability to think straight buddy! Anyway, have a nice night junior!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

To expensive and addicting?

I have seen people get fairly agitated without their coffee, but not to the extent of a druggie being cut off from his supply of an illicit scheduled substance...

Aggitated? LOL. I get a brain splitting headache if I haven't had my coffee (caffeine) before mid morning. One that is really hard to get rid of once it sets in.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

No my good sir you are an idiot. Marijuana may not have the same chemicals and such as modern tobacco, but it still has the potential for negative effects just as bad or worse than alcohol. My brother has been smoking since he was fifteen. Today he has three kids, but he still probably smokes around three hundred fifty or more a month between him and his girlfriend and guests they entertain. He is constantly asking for money from the rest of the family claiming he doesn't have enough for groceries, formula etc. If he didn't spend that 300+ on weed, he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to feed his kids.

Now before ANYONE flips their lid, I am for the legalization of Marijuana, I don't think people should be put in jail for it or even fined. However, I am not so ignorant to say that it's natural and may not hurt you as much as cigarettes and blind to think it cannot harm a family. Marijuana can be just as dangerous as Alcohol and that is where the problem lies.

www.cdc.gov...

Look how many people were killed as a result of alcohol. Over 10,000. Most everyone here knows that driving after drinking is bad juju, unfortunately, for 10,000 people it didn't save them.

If Marijuana is introduced into this equation, I can see the number of DUI deaths increasing dramatically, and the number of people who will have easy and legal access to weed destroying family units just like it is my brother. My brother is a good hard worker doing his best to support 3 kids and a girlfriend and is the nicest person, but when you are stoned at your eldest child's birthday party to the point of falling asleep, then there is an issue.

Again, I know the majority of smokers may not allow it to get to this point, and it should be legalized, but there are going to be people hurt by this. All I ever hear people shout is for it to be legalized, but I have not once heard one of them say how it should be implemented, and how to address the potential negative impacts.

EDUT: I also forgot to add. My mother smokes cigarettes herself. She has for as long back as I can remember (at least 25 years) and she is also just fine, just like the woman in this picture. How would you feel if I put a picture up of her saying "this is what you get for smoking for fifty years!" And I put a picture of an otherwise perfectly healthy woman. How many of you would start throwing statistics and studies at me?

This woman is an exceptional case and should not be cited as the rule.
edit on 2-5-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Iv'e seen the cannabis destruction. It took my best friend away from me, before the delusions and paranoi kicked in he just acted normal. I watched over the years as he became more and more withdrawn and more addicted, yes ADDICTED to the high. To say that a 'high' isn't addicting is, quite frankly, lubriciously stupid. People 'chase' the high or the 'mellow'.

I think saying cannabis is the bees knees is incredibly stupid.

Just a question. Was cannabis the only substance your friend was on? Any pharmaceutical's? And more importantly was the cannabis being properly flushed and cured? I think saying people who believe in cannabis are stupid are ignorant and narrow minded.

It's true people do get addicted to the high. But not physically addicted to THC it self like lots of other non natural compounds. A true addiction leads to crime. Never in the history of cannabis someone has robbed someone to get his/her fix. People will sell their own kids for a rock of crack or meth. That's a true addiction.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yup some people just can not handle weed. I think it can trigger mental illness but all the people I ever looked after due to drug induced schizophrenia started smoking it at an early age.
Like booze it does effect a developing brain.
Oh and whoever told be about how we have the receptors in our brain and stuff about we are related
Blew my mind man it is so simply true.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Reading the thread it does appear the people who have had trouble on it started smoking it very early....kinda proves my post above.
in 10 years kids will think its only what old people use anyhow lol.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: iLikeCIAnot

Well jay

I believe you but at the same time you can overdo on pot

Just like overdoing on vitamin A or water

And you can wreck yourself

Actually:

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.

While I can go to any liquor store and buy enough alcohol to kill myself 100 times over...

Agreed moderation is important. I'm just trying to bring to everyone's attention how benign this is, and how beneficial it is. I may sound like a smoked out hippy. But I have put a lot of effort into understanding this plant and it's properties. I see first hand at the good it's bringing to peoples lives. Not once have I seen these disastrous results everyone keeps talking about.

edit on 2-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well the doc's threw down that diagnosis without a second thought... I don't trust doctors in any case... and of course to remedy the supposed psychosis they gave him a mild anti psychotic pill... LOL

This guy is very religious though, with a strict fundamentalist upbringing... he said he saw demons and shadows, even said he could see into peoples minds, and saw an eyeball in the sky once... yet they said he didn't have any mental disorder... just needed pills...

What a joke...

Truly though, smoking Pot is not for everyone... IF you hallucinate.... stay away from the stuff, its not for you!

edit on 2-5-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Pah ha. More stoner propaganda!

One or two gripes with the op here.

Your title says she smoked it every day for 50 years. Yet you then go on to say she stopped when she was pregnant and also quit while dating her current husband. Lol, so i guess not quite every day for 50 years then? And you say she stopped for her current husband, so i guess she hasn't smoked for a while then?

The fact you use this as proof that weed isn't addictive staggers me. A lot of people throughout the world have managed to come off of heroin! So based on your above assumptions i suppose you are saying heroin is not addictive? Or cigarettes, that many people have managed to quit, so they're not addictive either then?

More BS from stoners. I love these threads. I think all the weed has messed your ability to think straight buddy! Anyway, have a nice night junior!

First the title was the title of the article. Not my design.
Second the fact this woman quit off and on for 50 years should say something.
Heroine is indeed destructive and addictive.
You use the classic attack to call people like me stoners while you drink your beer, smoke your cigarettes, and pop your pills. Your hypocrisy astounds me...

ETA: Why so much anger and animosity from the non-smokers crowd? LoL never mind I just answered my own question.

edit on 2-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

Very true yet most people who smoke it daily are lazy and brainless compared to most. I have seen all types in my 40 years and have had friends who smoked for a long time, to then quit and be thankful they did. I am all for it being legal everywhere and for any time but when working.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join