It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

If we Americans would of chosen a relaxed altered state of mind over a toxic disgusting drink

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JAY1980

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

Very true yet most people who smoke it daily are lazy and brainless compared to most.

Agreed with most of what you said but this. Some of you sound like DARE officer's.

originally posted by: jamespond
More BS from stoners. I love these threads. I think all the weed has messed your ability to think srtaight buddy! Anyway, have a nice night junior!

Will probably be my new signature. Spoken like a true authoritarian.

Funny how drinking a few beers or taking a pill or 2 every day is somehow less destructive than smoking a joint or eating a brownie. Everyone somehow has a friend whos life was destroyed, made lazy, made brainless, etc, etc. Yet not a single life destroying personal experience in the lot of you? I understand T&C is tricky there. But if It's as dangerous and you all say, why hasn't anyone stepped forward?

I'll come forward... My childhood and my mothers life were almost destroyed by alcoholism and a legal opiate addiction. Oops not what you want to hear? Well sadly no disastrous things to report in regards to this plant. Even among my friends!

To say smoking cannabis makes you brainless is naive, and living under the old impression it kills brain cells. More government propaganda.

edit on 3-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Im fairly disgusted with some of the posters ignorance ..

No its not addictive there is no intense craving or physical dependency like alcohol tobacco coc aine heroin caffeine sugar ...

Yes dependency exists

Yes Smoking anything is bad .

Yes cannabis psychosis can occur ..be aware

Yes adolescents should not partake recreationally on a regular basis unless its therapy . (developmental problems)

Nice post JAY1980 .

ps Chronic makes your brain grow .

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JAY1980
Hemp and cannabis have to potential to make the world a lot brighter cleaner and healthier place to live.

My nephew has cannabis induced schizophrenia. Not very nice.

I am sure most people turn out OK (including myself) but there's a risk that people will sleep walk into believeing cannabis is like eating an apple.

I had a girlfriend who had this becasue of smoking canabis. She was depressed and started smoking it 24/7, much how people try to escape into alcohol. It took more 3 weeks of smoking canabis 24/7 (she lit one up every half hour or so) until the first halucination popped up in her head.

For perspective:

You can drink yourself literaly to death by drinking regular water in 30 minutes.

Anything in to high and in this case certaintly Extreme amounts will be bad for anyone. Eating to many eggs will do it too for instance. So taking these sort of Extreme cases does nothing against the case.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: R0CR13

There will always be "anti-pot" people out there, though they are usually the same people who have no issue with smoking tobacco, or drinking.

Its rare to find someone who has actually smoked or eaten it before that have any real issues with it.

It is the least harmful substance out there

Maybe one day everyone will realise it...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hopefully one day the anti-cannabis brigade will look at the statistics for drug related illness/death, and see that statistically, alcohol is more dangerous than all illegal drugs.

What really pisses me off, is having watched many people absolutely destroy themselves with drugs a doctor gave to them. (mostly benzos and opiates).

Money, money, money.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Of course you'd say there was 'more' going on.

I can tell you that, no, there wasn't more going on before he and I went near that plant. It destroyed him. It's that simple.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Its funny that the "police state" is making it legal.....You are right though. It will be fully legal in few years here while the rest of the "free world" gets locked up well into the next couple decades...lol

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Eat everyday foods without vetting them for sugar content first and diabetes and early death is what WILL happen to you... IMDb

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Let us not forget that inhaling smoke is undeniably unhealthy. I'm not knocking the health or other benefits of cannabis, but perhaps methods besides smoking would be best?

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

First the title was the title of the article. Not my design.

Well if you're going to post things on here that you know aren't right that's pretty stupid imo!

Second the fact this woman quit off and on for 50 years should say something.
Heroine is indeed destructive and addictive.
You use the classic attack to call people like me stoners while you drink your beer, smoke your cigarettes, and pop your pills. Your hypocrisy astounds me...

For the record I don't smoke cigarettes or pop pills. I do however drink occasionally but on the other hand i am well aware that it's not doing my health an good, nor do i feel the need to try and convince anyone online that it's good for their health either.

ETA: Why so much anger and animosity from the non-smokers crowd? LoL never mind I just answered my own question.

I started my reply by laughing at the OP, i wouldn't say there was any anger in there. These stoner threads do nothing but make me chuckle because they're complete BS, so thanks for the amusement.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

No my good sir you are an idiot. Marijuana may not have the same chemicals and such as modern tobacco, but it still has the potential for negative effects just as bad or worse than alcohol. My brother has been smoking since he was fifteen. Today he has three kids, but he still probably smokes around three hundred fifty or more a month between him and his girlfriend and guests they entertain. He is constantly asking for money from the rest of the family claiming he doesn't have enough for groceries, formula etc. If he didn't spend that 300+ on weed, he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to feed his kids.

Did you really just say that marijuana is as dangerous as alcohol? And you called ME an idiot? Then you go on to list the number of people dead by alcohol. How many people have died from marijuana?

Then you give me some sob story about your brother spending tons of money on pot. Like there aren't people who spend even MORE money on things like alcohol, gambling (playing the lotto), cigarettes, etc. Get over yourself. Your anecdotes don't trump the YEARS of scientific study and data that says you are wrong.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hypothetical situation 1: one guys smokes weed every day and is psychologically addicted. You take his weed away and he is moody and pissy for a month or so.

Hypothetical situation 2: one guy drinks every day and is PHYSICALLY addicted. You take his alcohol away and he has a SEIZURE and DIES.

I know which drug I think is safer...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Try telling that to those few who smoked themselves into schizophrenia-recreational use may be beneficial but excessive use will have a detrimental effect.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And how many people is that exactly?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Try telling that to those few who smoked themselves into schizophrenia-recreational use may be beneficial but excessive use will have a detrimental effect.

Google 'alcohol psychosis'

Much more evidence of that than of cannabis psychosis.

Also, too much of anything will be detrimental to your health. Liver disease from eating too much food is very common.
edit on 4 5 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

no one smokes themselves into a psychotic state...

There are people who smoke a little bit and end up in said state because it has a bad reaction with their body...

You can't smoke yourself psychotic...LOL

99% of the time, IF you smoke to much you pass out... and that usually takes a whole lot

Its like 1 in 10,000 or more people that have a bad reaction to pot... and I don't mean simple anxiety attacks

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

First the title was the title of the article. Not my design.

Well if you're going to post things on here that you know aren't right that's pretty stupid imo!

You clearly haven't read the T&C. I'm REQUIRED to copy past the headline and quote the article!

I just threw pills, tobacco, and alcohol in a group. I was pretty sure your vice is alcohol. You claim to consume in moderation... I'm not trying to convince anyone that smoking cannabis is good. Inhaling burnt plant matter of any kind is bad. But apparently not as bad as we thought if this woman did it for so long...

I am however trying to convince people there are many medicinal benefits to CBD's CBN's CBG's and a few for THC as well. I have mentioned multiple times I'm not advocating the smoking of cannabis or breaking the law. AGAIN. I am pointing out how stupid it is to lock someone up in a cage over a forbidden flower.

Like I said in my last post you sound like a law enforcement DARE officer. Spouting out the same rhetoric I was told in school. I bet you think cannabis is just as destructive as meth...

originally posted by: jamespondI started my reply by laughing at the OP, i wouldn't say there was any anger in there.

I've been laughing since you first spoke up here chief.

Calling someone a stoner for smoking a joint once a day is like calling someone an alcoholic for having a beer once a day. According to your mentality you yourself are probably an addict... Yet you don't hear me attacking you calling you a drunk? That my good friend is unjustified anger.
edit on 4-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
every time i see this thread title Nate Dogg pops in my head

HEY HEY HEY HEY

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I honestly think some people are wired to become mentally unwell and MJ can trigger it but so can booze any other drug and just life.
I know many people who have a joint a day to help them unwind I myself do so after a stressful day at work mostly after the times I get assaulted.
Like I have said the people I looked after who had induced schizophrenia all started smoking it in their early teens.
Like others have said MJ has a more natural chemistry with our brains then booze.
Also If you look into the reasons it was banned in the first place....well that would make a great thread a mega conspiracy by guess who?.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join