It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So what happens when you smoke weed almost every day for 50 years? You just may turn out to be a respectably, successful mom and a very entertaining writer.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

Take a good look boys and girls this is what a true blue junky criminal looks like. It could be your mom, my mom, anyone's mom here. Beware!! Keep your kids locked up and be vigilant! :Sarcasm off:

Here we have a successful motivated woman who has been smoking for 50 years. She stopped while pregnant so before anyone blows a lid. She also quit while dating her current husband. So much for this plant being addictive and leading to other drugs.... Now I'm not advocating the smoking of cannabis. I am however pointing out the hypocrisy at the claims that this plant(flower) is addictive and destructive.

Cannabis is not for everyone, there is no denying that. Just like Benzodiazepine, alcohol, and caffeine may not be for everyone. Are we locking people up in a private prison for drinking a coke? or taking their medication? When you have an industry where the stocks go up depending on the amount of people that are incarcerated it's easy to see why something so benign and easy to access would be forbidden. It keeps the system running at 110%. A pot smoker is considered just as much a criminal as a serial killer. When in fact the smoker is .02% the criminal the killer will ever be.

The movement has started.

"It's a green avalanche, and if you don't accept it or get out of the way it will just roll over you."
~A good friend(alive because of cannabis oil)~

Hemp and cannabis have to potential to make the world a lot brighter cleaner and healthier place to live.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Of course, we knew this all along. Its about time, past time actually, that we, as a society, remve the taboo surrounding use of the cannabis plant. It has gone on for far too long. Your doctor probably smokes, your lawyer, your convenience store clerk. Wake up America, everything that the MSM and other controlled outlets have been telling you bout cannabis is a damn dirty lie. I don't care if you smoke it. I don't care if you don't. I don't care if you drink all night and piss the bed. That's your business. It always should have been. Just as it should have always been my own business if I or anyone else chose to use cannabis...

Well done Jay, as always.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
From studying history on social change, I predict MJ will be fully legal nationwide within a decade, possibly in as little as 5 years. It's only taken 10 years to go from ONE state allowing gay marriage to the Supreme Court. Other states will begin to legalize it soon, and a domino effect will take place.

The south/Bible belt area will be the only hold out states, as usual.
edit on 30-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
She is one badass criminal. I wonder how many prison tattoo's she has?

Just more cases against the ridiculous concept that weed is this dangerous, evil thing.
edit on 30/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This election coming up in 2016 is poised to have at least 6 more states legalize the plant. It's getting to the point that even if Ted Cruz were elected President (since he seems to be against marijuana legalization), even he won't be able to do anything about it. The momentum just keeps picking up and the anti-legalization crowd isn't slowing it one bit.

link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

One of the reasons we've been told all the lies is because it's not a substance that's conducive to a "worker ant" mentality.

Take coffee for instance, it's practically forced upon you in the workplace. Why? It makes workers crank out more work! Some places even provide FREE coffee for their employees still!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Hemp and cannabis have to potential to make the world a lot brighter cleaner and healthier place to live.

My nephew has cannabis induced schizophrenia. Not very nice.

I am sure most people turn out OK (including myself) but there's a risk that people will sleep walk into believeing cannabis is like eating an apple.
edit on 30/4/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The only reason it became illegal is because the paper tycoons in the early 20th century wanted to use paper from trees not from hemp.

So the campaign of snuffing out cannabis was born and movies such as Reefer Madneess arise.

They started out with the marijuana stamp act and required you to pay with a stamp to obtain marijuana. The only problem is they never created any stamps to begin with, effectively making it illegal overnight.

So thank the tycoons for it being illegal. It had nothing to really do with the government even though they adopted heavy policies against it.

Oh and at the end of prohibition the country was given a choice if they wanted Cannabis or Alcohol. They picked the alcohol for our countries go to drug of choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

One of the reasons we've been told all the lies is because it's not a substance that's conducive to a "worker ant" mentality.

Take coffee for instance, it's practically forced upon you in the workplace. Why? It makes workers crank out more work! Some places even provide FREE coffee for their employees still!

Going by that rationale, why isn't coc aine legal then? You do know that the people in South America who harvest the plant actually chew on the leaves to give them the energy boost to get through the day right?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Don't forget that there was a good bit of racism involved with criminalizing pot as well.

Why is Marijuana Illegal?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

but there's a risk that people will sleep walk into believeing cannabis is like eating an apple.

Yes, but is that risk great enough to justify year of ridiculous prohibition and millions of shattered lives broken by the system? I for one do not think that it is. There is also a high risk of someone drinking too much alcohol and doing something stupid. There is a high risk of someone taking too much legally prescribed pharmaceuticals and doing something something stupid. There are risks involved with almost everything these days. Simply driving to the store could result in the deaths of you and your kids, at the fault of no one but yourself. Are we really suggesting that, out of all those risks, cannabis is the one we should be locking people up in slave prisons for?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JAY1980

My nephew has cannabis induced schizophrenia. Not very nice.

I am sure most people turn out OK (including myself) but there's a risk that people will sleep walk into believeing cannabis is like eating an apple.

There are people who have adverse effects to eating apples by the way.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

With the way that marijuana has gone mainstream now, the only people who still believe that marijuana is bad for you are idiots.

You would be surprised how much money it will cost you when you must pay only once the breakfast for every person with psychological problems because of smoking pot on a daily basis. How about paying lunch for every person who lost ambition to make something of his/her life because of smoking pot on a daily basis. I spare you paying for dinner...

Marijuana isn't bad for everyone, but isn't good for everyone either...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Are you serious? Like this post is in direct contradiction to the OP. It's ridiculous! Psychological problems from smoking weed? There are tons of people who smoke weed every day in this country and there are barely ANY people diagnosed with psychological problems from using it. Then the stupid lost ambition fallacy... Just a trademark of the stoner stereotype. That fallacy has been disproven since there are PLENTY of people functioning in the working world who smoke pot all the time.

Where are you getting this information from. Start posting some evidence of your goofy claims.

Nothing is good for everyone. I just posted a link earlier in the thread to apple allergies. Should we make apples illegal because they are bad for a small percentage of the population?
edit on 30-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

You would be surprised how much money it will cost you when you must pay only once the breakfast for every person with psychological problems because of smoking pot on a daily basis. How about paying lunch for every person who lost ambition to make something of his/her life because of smoking pot on a daily basis. I spare you paying for dinner...

Statements like yours are made because of a lack of knowlege.
MJ comes in many flavours. Some types are an upper, and those enjoying that type of mj will happily work all day.
Some types are heavy and those using that type wont be wanting to do much work, but will be in deep thought mode.
Some types just make you happy!
It's not all the same!

edit on 30-4-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

The only way legalization would hinder ANYONE Is if they get drug tested. If anything more ambitions arise from smoking.

There are multiple strains of cannabis that all have different effects on the body. Some are meant to be smoked during the day and give you creativity. And on the other hand there are strains that are meant for pain and insomnia and knock you out.

But I thank you for associating marijuana with welfare. Because it has nothing to do with the majority of people on welfare having no ambitions in the first place. Everyone on welfare smokes pot.

Makes complete sense now...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

With that logic, mainstream = good. Not generally true in most instances.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

With that logic, mainstream = good. Not generally true in most instances.

No, the meaning is in the way I wording that sentence. The key words of that sentence is "With the way". Which requires you to know the events that lead up to marijuana going mainstream.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To expensive and addicting?

I have seen people get fairly agitated without their coffee, but not to the extent of a druggie being cut off from his supply of an illicit scheduled substance...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join