It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: andy1972

"This hood rat could have jumped off a wall, a balcony or whatever after robbing a house or someone could have beat him with a baseball bat we don't know what happened 48 hours before."

Mr Grey could just as easily have sustained such injury tripping over. Why jump to the conclusion he sustained any injury while committing a criminal act? Does that somehow justify the treatment he received from the Police?

Maybe because he was a hood rat with a rap sheet so long I had to reduce the page size to take the screen shoot...

Are you trying to say it happened while he was playing golf and he tripped at the 18th hole?
edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: SPECULUM

Ok fine what put him in the hospital?

How can you say he was weak from dying to a severed spine

I have to agree. It's irrelevant that he died a week later in the hospital. He died eventually as a result of injuries received that first day.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I have to agree. It's irrelevant that he died a week later in the hospital. He died eventually as a result of injuries received that first day.

No, we don't know WHEN he recieved the spine injury..or do you...?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well i have to say looking at the Mans rap sheet and going along with your train of thought its far more lightly that he was taking drugs/selling drugs than breaking into houses prior to his arrest. Non of which justifies his injury or further injury in police custody.
edit on 30-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
double post.

sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, he was a Hood Rat, no wonder he needed to be assassinated by the police.

Got your point my friend.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

What should have happened in this case simply didn't, and that is the problem. The cops should have listened when he was saying ow, ow, ow, they should have paid attention when someone said call an ambulance his leg looks broken.

At some point prior to putting him in the van, they needed to stop and assess his situation, and call an ambulance to let EMT's assess him.

That one thing would have prevented all this.. I do think its sad that didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well i have to say looking at the Mans rap sheet and going along with your train of thought its far more lightly that he was taking drugs/selling drugs than breaking into houses. Non of which justifies his injury or further injury in police custody.

Well I'll skip the breaking and entering houses and go straight for the "He recieved a beating over drugs" theory, but seriously..

Nobody knows when or where the injury occured, it's all hypothetical. One thing is certain, it didn't happen to him while he was working 12 hours a day on a constructon site or in a factory to pay for his kids future.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Granted, you are correct we don't know when he received the initial spine injury, however, the terminal event, the evulsion of the cord, happened that first day.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: IAMTAT

If the Michael Brown story is anything to go by.....he was on video robbing a store a few minutes before being shot by a cop. It changes nothing in the eyes of the long suffering, permanent victim-class in this country.

You could produce a video of the exact moment when Freddy Grey smacked his head and severed his spine in a self inflicted fashion. No one would care. They still would not take responsibility for their own or his actions.

And the above is the very uncomfortable truth which everyone wants to hide from, "the permanent victim class" wouldn't have been happy if he had survived, they need martyrs.

He'll become a black "Remember the Alamo".

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
The media is now concentrating on the Gray try to injure himself story, the spin is just been used as a fact.

Very soon we may hear, Gray broke his own neck in the van

I agree. Anything to continue their profits. Why expose the truth, when fear keeps their pockets full, and people behind bars. Why free a captive society from the shackles they can't see...spin the fear, embolden the hysteria, keep the status quo.

The longer the media can berate and discredit the actual event, spewing non sense into the masses, the longer and stronger the machine becomes.

Their deadly afraid of the truth, it hits their bottom line, and threatens the existence of the for profit culture that exposes the lies, profiling, racquets, bribes, brutality, theft and killings of America's most vulnerable and poor communities.

Unfortunately what we see in Baltimore with the rioting and looting is a side effect. Is it right, no. However, freedom isn't free. It's blatantly obvious the media is trying to discredit the movement and keep the lube in the gears of the machine oiled and profiting.

The truth may be golden, but it's not profitable.

A Change Is Gonna Come
edit on 30-4-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

Granted, you are correct we don't know when he received the initial spine injury, however, the terminal event, the evulsion of the cord, happened that first day.

Correct, but don't you think this is all " Cause and effect"..if he'd had been at work, been at home doing anything else, he'd be alive now, or maybe not.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think its rather a safe bet however that Mr Gray might not have sustained such injury in police custody or down to his arrest, or had said injury made worse via transport if the officers had paid just a little more attention to detail or been just a little less heavy handed.

End of the day even if the Mans a criminal when he is in Police custody they are responsible for his duty of care, hence they liability regarding the matter.

Sad turn of events no matter which way you look at it.

edit on 30-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ok. Thanks. I didn't see the debunking of this and havn't reaed any Doctors report!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

look. he was able to run.. then he was tackled.. then his leg was dragging at an odd angle, which could very well be the first indication of a severe spinal injury.

You can argue the point that tackling him possibly exacerbated an existing injury, or it caused it outright (which now appears the case in reality) but at the point where he was showing signs of distress that were obvious to passersby, they should have stopped and assessed him and the situation.

It is ignorance which caused them not to, but as cops, they should be trying to at least cover their butts.

If it was found he was injured, the police department would have had to settle a law suit and some cops would have been investigated for excessive force and have a determination made to whether or not they were at fault, if it was found he was not injured, we at least would know more as to how and why he became injured...

but given my best guess in the situation, a man would still be alive.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

I always known that the media is geared to what they are told to concentrate when it comes to stories, like you say is all for profits and ratings.

But is becomes so frustrating to heard the deliberated spin go on and on and on, even when most of the spin gets debunked like the previews spinal injuries and accident law sues the media still keeps spinning around.

They are leaving the exploitation of Grays life style for later, because after all his life, police records and status as a "hood Rat" will give the media a few more days of ratings.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: NavyDoc

What should have happened in this case simply didn't, and that is the problem. The cops should have listened when he was saying ow, ow, ow, they should have paid attention when someone said call an ambulance his leg looks broken.

At some point prior to putting him in the van, they needed to stop and assess his situation, and call an ambulance to let EMT's assess him.

That one thing would have prevented all this.. I do think its sad that didn't happen.

Well, that is SOP to get EMT for a prisoner complaining of an injury in most police departments--even just from a liability standpoint.

OTOH, pretty much every perp that gets arrested complains of injury.

It's a tough call--it's probably not practical to call EMT for every single arrestee that complains of post arrest pain. OTOH, it would certainly reduce issues like this.

The trouble is that, assuming that the injuries were not deliberate, the arrest may not have appeared traumatic enough to make one concerned of severe injury. If a guy totals the getaway car, then it's obvious to a layman that there is a potential for serious injury and calling an ambulance would be a no-brainer.

Of course, given that they are Baltimore PD, it is very likely that they hurt him on purpose to teach him a lesson like they've done before without getting in trouble and they didn't expect him to end up dead and a national news story.

I disagree with the racial angle though. The mayor is black, the chief of police is black, and almost 1/2 the police force is black.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

This a list of symptoms of spinal injury,

Injuries to a specific side of the spinal cord or its center will produce characteristic patterns of symptoms, such as weakness or paralysis of arms or legs, or one side of the body. In an injured person who is unconscious, the degree of neurological injury may be hard to assess, so doctors must have a high degree of suspicion that a spinal cord injury has taken place and take steps to protect the spinal cord. This usually is done by using a cervical collar to immobilize the neck or by strapping the person to a stiff backboard for transport.

www.drugs.com...

By the videos and police initial reports he showed two of the symptoms, leg didn't look right and dragging and he was found unconscious in the van at arrival.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I think its rather a safe bet however that Mr Gray might not have sustained such injury in police custody or down to his arrest, or had said injury made worse via transport if the officers had paid just a little more attention to detail. End of the day even if the Mans a criminal when he is in Police custody they are responsible for his duty of care, hence they liability regarding the matter.

Sad turn of events no matter which way you look at it.

I quite agree with you, its a sad state of affairs.

However, what makes me even sadder, is that people within the black community will use this to prolong the race divide.

But as I've stated above, it's all cause and effect. If he hadnt have been a bad boy, he'd be at home now.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If Mr Grey did have a preexisting spinal injury holding him down could quite possibly have been enough force to exasperate the injury. One would have thought the arresting officers should have ascertained the Mans condition given there training? Especially before proceeding to transport Mr Gray. You don't move someone with a spinal injury you phone an Ambulance and let trained medical professionals do there job.

Poor form on part of the Police force and officers in question, certainly an incident that could have been prevented should the proper care and attention to detail have been given immediately.

Yeah, you are right. If he did indeed have spinal injuries beforehand and the cops knew of it, they should have called for an ambulance or if 'gray' was shouting out 'my back, my back' I dunno. in the vid it doesn't look like he is shouting anything specific to alert the cops to his back problem (If he had one).

What about these reports of other's in the back of van who saw 'Gray' acting weird and injuring himself?

Could one of the other guys in the back have injured 'Gray' ? The guy who is saying 'Gray' injured himself?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join