It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This just came out from the Washington Post. The story is bizarre...but will definitely stir up more suspicion and is very explosive.
This story is developing...

BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

The prisoner, who is currently in jail, was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him. His statement is contained in an application for a search warrant, which is sealed by the court. The Post was given the document under the condition that the prisoner not be named because the person who provided it feared for the inmate’s safety.

The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator, offers the first glimpse of what might have happened inside the van. It is not clear whether any additional evidence backs up the prisoner’s version, which is just one piece of a much larger probe.

Gray was found unconscious in the wagon when it arrived at a police station on April 12. The 25-year-old had suffered a spinal injury and died a week later, touching off waves of protests across Baltimore, capped by a riot Monday in which hundreds of angry residents torched buildings, looted stores and pelted police officers with rocks.

Police have said they do not know whether Gray was injured during the arrest or during his 30-minute ride in the van. Local police and the U.S. Justice Department both have launched investigations of Gray’s death.

Jason Downs, one of the attorneys for the Gray family, said the family had not been told of the prisoner’s comments to investigators.

“We disagree with any implication that Freddie Gray severed his own spinal cord,” Downs said. “We question the accuracy of the police reports we’ve seen thus far, including the police report that says Mr. Gray was arrested without force or incident.”

Baltimore police said they will wrap up their investigation Friday and turn the results over to the Baltimore state’s attorney’s office, which will decide whether to seek an indictment. Six police officers, including a lieutenant and a sergeant, have been suspended.

Capt. Eric Kowalczyk, chief spokesman for the Baltimore Police Department, declined to comment on the affidavit, citing the ongoing investigation.

The affidavit is part of a search warrant seeking the seizure of the uniform worn by one of the officers involved in Gray’s arrest or transport. It does not say how many officers were in the van, whether any reported that they heard banging or whether they would have been able to help Gray if he was seeking to injure himself. Police have mentioned only two prisoners in the van.

Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts has admitted flaws in the way officers handled Gray after they chased him through a West Baltimore housing project and arrested him. They said they later found a switchblade clipped to the inside of his pants. Batts has said officers repeatedly ignored Gray’s pleas for medical help and failed to secure him with a safety belt or harness in the back of the transport van.

Video shot by several bystanders has fueled the rage in West Baltimore. It shows two officers on top of Gray, their knees in his back, and then dragging his seemingly limp body to the van as he cried out.

In New York City, Washington and Boston, crowds are demonstrating to protest Freddie Gray’s death.
Batts has said Gray stood on one leg and climbed into the van on his own.

The van driver stopped three times while transporting Gray to a booking center, the first to put him in leg irons. Batts said the officer driving the van described Gray as “irate.” The search warrant application says Gray “continued to be combative in the police wagon.”

The driver made a second stop, five minutes later, and asked an officer to help check on Gray. At that stop, police have said the van driver found Gray on the floor of the van and put him back on the seat, still without restraints. Police said Gray asked for medical help at that point.

The third stop was to put the other prisoner — a 38-year-old man accused of violating a protective order — into the van. The van was then driven six blocks to the Western District station. Gray was taken from there to a hospital, where he died April 19.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.washingtonpost.com... 66-a1d756d0218e_story.html?tid=hpModule_99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 29-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: caps changed

edit on 29-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: link corrected

edit on 29-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 29-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: link fixed (again)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Sounds like Gray was probably hopped up real good.

He had a history.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My feelings are that his injuries were sustained by arrest from the bicycle officers. He can be heard screaming and his legs not working properly when he was put in the vehicle.

Normally a rough ride from the police is from them hitting the brakes to slam you against a partition. So unless the corner report comes out as compression injuries to the spine and larynx. I am constantly going to wonder what happened to Freddy Gray before the video started on his arrest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This seems like a stretch. Hopped up huh? Maybe, but why do this, trying to look injured? Wasn't he instead asking for help? Maybe he was thinking it would get their attention by doing this to help him as opposed to making himself look hurt. Sure he had a history... of selling marijuana.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is it just me or was the link removed? It says no longer available....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

It keeps going up and down each time I click the link. Try the Blaze link which I just added.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
This seems like a stretch. Hopped up huh? Maybe, but why do this, trying to look injured? Wasn't he instead asking for help? Maybe he was thinking it would get their attention by doing this to help him as opposed to making himself look hurt. Sure he had a history... of selling marijuana.

If he was hopped up, what makes anybody think he was in his right mind?

Dope makes people nutty.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The prisoner, who is currently in jail, was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him.

So the man that couldn't see him, says one thing, and this is suppose to change things?

He could not see him.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's all too common for police to put suspects face down with their knees in his back.
Someone with an injured spine could suffer terrible injury from this practice.
As someone with major spinal surgery the idea of being thrown down by police and arrested absolutely terrifies me because I don't want to end up paralyzed for life.
It's hardly a stretch to think police action did kill Freddy Gray.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah they'll be looking real close at that history, to see what his prior arrests have been like, if he has resisted arrest in the past or not, I don't think I saw any violence from his rap sheet, only drug charges but I could be wrong. Was there toxicity tests, anybody know what was in his system?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dreamingawake

If he was hopped up, what makes anybody think he was in his right mind?

Dope makes people nutty.

Uh ,yeah it does, but the point is no one knows as of yet.
Any autopsy drug tests come back positive? Was it marijuana? Doubt marijuana, as he's connected to, would do that alone.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yes that is right, that is why I go with the words of the person that spoke anonymous that said Gray was already injured and in pain when he went into the van.

This new story of somebody that heard Gray banging in the van is to me to sketchy to be believable.

edit on 29-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The prisoner, who is currently in jail, was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him. His statement is contained in an application for a search warrant, which is sealed by the court. The Post was given the document under the condition that the prisoner not be named because the person who provided it feared for the inmate’s safety.

Seems legit..
So god told me that the sky was orange but I cant reveal why because at the end it will be purple..
As legit as that..

Garbage news is garbage... Get a better source.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey, I'm just posting the story. I hope we get a public statement from this other guy in the van. I also don't think protesters will give this story any serious consideration...regardless if it is true or not.

Wouldn't it make sense that there would be a camera inside the van to monitor the prisoners inside?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

The first Wash...Post link and TheBlaze link works for me.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Is nothing wrong with the story, because is been run also in CNN live right now, so is true somebody has come out to say that he was ridding in the van and heard Gray banging himself in the other side of the partition.

That is truth I have my doubt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Not really but the last time I was arrested there were no cameras in the patty wagon..

a reply to: marg6043

This does not mean anything.. MSN is as tabloid as that crap in supermarkets. Only problem is people are to stupid to realize that.
edit on 4/29/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

He heard banging, how can you hear if some one is doing it on purpose?

You can see that, don't think you can hear it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They come crawling out of the woodwork to try and spin this in some "he deserved it" manner. Now we're getting unknown, unnamed mystery sources putting a pro-police spin on things. The doctors who have examined Gray say otherwise.

Freddie Gray's spinal injury suggests 'forceful trauma,' doctors say

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I clicked on the link immediately after I got a malware attack and my internet stopped working..Lol

Oh well anyways. This is being shown on TV now, I wonder what will be next.
edit on 29-4-2015 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join