It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Harvin

So your logic is you are better off not strapped in during a roll over then if you are???

Again, fundamentally wrong.
The bigger lawsuit is if the person was not strapped ans injured.

The policy comes from the PD.
I think you heard some one talk about how the PD had a history of not strapping people in when they should have been.

Well, if the police shackle someone and put on handcuffs on them but don't strap him in for the ride, the responsibility is still on them if the person gets hurt--or should be--intentional or not.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: IAMTAT

I believe the article about as much as I believe reports of people committing suicide by shooting themselves in the head 3 times.

I think so many people are pushing propaganda and stupidity in this it is making it more difficult to find the truth..

But you know.. when shooting yourself in the head.. you need to be sure to get it right!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: marg6043

Still, I don't know if this would be a firing offense.
Absolutely, any disciplinary action of this nature, taken against officers for a prisoner safety violation will never suffice for those looking for prison time for officers.

This type of violation would be subject to termination of employment. However, I doubt there would be criminal charges if this was the cause. Sounds like it was an issue the department was working to correct if they were adjusting the policy recently as well which sits In the police departments favor regarding a litigation.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I see this morning that this is a police lie. I saw the prisoner, who said he never said this.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Buckle Up. It's the law.

Guess cops can't read all the road signs around MD.

It would be difficult to undo a seatbelt in the back of a squad car. I don't know about the vans.

The way police drive around here, you would be insane to do so.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I just now heard him on MSNBC, being interviewed, and he said "The police were all saying 'We gave in a run for his money', meaning they DID something to him."

I don't know, he comes across to me as guy is just caught up in the media and doesn't really remember anything much, as his fame was only realized well after the fact.
edit on 1-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Harvin

So your logic is you are better off not strapped in during a roll over then if you are???

Again, fundamentally wrong.
The bigger lawsuit is if the person was not strapped ans injured.

The policy comes from the PD.
I think you heard some one talk about how the PD had a history of not strapping people in when they should have been.

Well, if the police shackle someone and put on handcuffs on them but don't strap him in for the ride, the responsibility is still on them if the person gets hurt--or should be--intentional or not.

Now that i see the way they are cuffed it would be better to be secured to a seat. Maybe i heard it wrong but i could have sworn this person state that they dont strap them in so as not to invade their space, which really does not make sense considering they are being arrested and those vans dont handle so well.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join