It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Ok fine what put him in the hospital?

How can you say he was weak from dying to a severed spine

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Do they now? From your source!

Bydon said spinal cord injuries also could be self-inflicted, including in cases in which the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Link All that we are going on are the various sources. Yes maybe the cops did it to him or maybe he did it to himself. We all are aware that some cops can do some horrendous things and we should not forget that people in general can do some real freaking stupid things. Suing for damages is very lucrative and there is a chance that was what Gray was doing, trying to get a very solid pay day since most communities don't fight those type of suits. Much easier to settle out of court. My scenario is just as plausible as any other one being thrown around. Just remember that perception is not always what it's cracked up to be.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

which is plausible.. I know people who would give a LOT to get hurt in custody.. it would be a dream come true in the financial aspect..

we don't know everything.. but the start of it DOES look bad, and it is quite possible he was injured prior to getting into the van and it was exacerbated during the van ride...

He did appear to be injured when they had to drag him to the van..
edit on 30-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: SPECULUM

Ok fine what put him in the hospital?

How can you say he was weak from dying to a severed spine

Did he Actually die from a severed Spine? Ive known and still know people that are quadriplegic, that were in horrible accidents and gunshot victims that are paralyzed from the neck down..They should have died, but they didn't.

I'm suggesting that the man died from something other than his injuries and remember, the cops chased him and had to restrain him..its not like he just surrendered and took his lumps for being a dumbass drug dealer

edit on 30-4-2015 by SPECULUM because: bLING

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Maybe he was having a seizure? Who knows? I seen someone have a seizure before and it was pretty violent... Just a thought..

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If the Michael Brown story is anything to go by.....he was on video robbing a store a few minutes before being shot by a cop. It changes nothing in the eyes of the long suffering, permanent victim-class in this country.

You could produce a video of the exact moment when Freddy Grey smacked his head and severed his spine in a self inflicted fashion. No one would care. They still would not take responsibility for their own or his actions.

Robbing liquor stores and shoe stores shows opportunism, not a call for justice.

It reminds me of the drunk a**hole in the bar trying to fight you for looking at him wrong. Why would we ever listen to what the drunk a**hole says? We wouldn't. Why do we listen to why the rioting idiots claim they are rioting? We shouldn't.

" I'm stealing these shoes to protest police brutality"

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
As for him doing the damage to his spine himself , well i punched a wall once . thought it was a good idea at the time . It wasn't . Last time i let my temper get the better of me , it was 1983 .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You are sure hung up on guy not being able to see him.

I'll take that guys word for it. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose no matter what the conspiracy theorists think.

Mr. Gray was ranting and raving like an idiot before being put into the van and I imagine he continued to rant and rave like an idiot after being put into the van.

I have no sympathy for career criminals or the people who would riot to support a criminal.

Mr. Gray as well as the last victim of "police brutality" caused every single bit of these situations to occur.

You'd think criminals would learn that it is not a good idea to assault or run from cops.

Oh well. Darwinism at its finest.

edit on 30-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
People get your facts straight, nobody deserve to die from a devastating injury like Gray had caused by his arrest

No, Freddie Gray Did Not Have a "Pre-Existing Spinal and Neck Injury"

gawker.com...

Get a crash course on spinal injuries.

This makes the accounts of the man that heard but didn't see sound sketchy

Spinal injury in Grays suggest forceful trauma, Doctors said

www.baltimoresun.com...

The original story

Man dies in Baltimore police custody with spinal injuries one week after arrest

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Police most lightly injured the person during the arrest procedure or while attempting to load him into the vehicle in question. With the process of transportation while improperly secured quite possibly exasperating his injury.

As to Mr Gray severing his own spine, i highly doubt that transpired, but even it that were the case the Police are still responsible simply because he was in there care and should have been properly secured.

The unnamed prisoner making these claims could quite possibly be attempting to strike some form of deal hence his alleged allegations.

edit on 30-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The media is now concentrating on the Gray try to injure himself story, the spin is just been used as a fact.

Very soon we may hear, Gray broke his own neck in the van
edit on 30-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
My feelings are that his injuries were sustained by arrest from the bicycle officers. He can be heard screaming and his legs not working properly when he was put in the vehicle.

Normally a rough ride from the police is from them hitting the brakes to slam you against a partition. So unless the corner report comes out as compression injuries to the spine and larynx. I am constantly going to wonder what happened to Freddy Gray before the video started on his arrest.

Did you not read a thread yesterday that 'Gray' had been in a car accident and was already suffering with spinal injuries?? That's probably why he was screaming when the cops had him on the ground... they didn't know about his spine, only he knew. Looks to me like they weren't hitting him while he was laying there, they were just holding him down.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Is been debunked by a investigative reporter and the attorney in the case, court orders were found and no, Gray didn't have any spine injuries before the arrest

CNN live.

edit on 30-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
This seems like a stretch. Hopped up huh? Maybe, but why do this, trying to look injured?

Why try to look injured....Er...the almighty dollar my friend.

A member of the oppresed collective takes a whoopin' from the police and hey presto...from rags to riches.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

If Mr Grey did have a preexisting spinal injury holding him down could quite possibly have been enough force to exasperate the injury. One would have thought the arresting officers should have ascertained the Mans condition given there training? Especially before proceeding to transport Mr Gray. You don't move someone with a spinal injury you phone an Ambulance and let trained medical professionals do there job.

Poor form on part of the Police force and officers in question, certainly an incident that could have been prevented should the proper care and attention to detail have been given immediately.

edit on 30-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
People get your facts straight, nobody deserve to die from a devastating injury like Gray had caused by his arrest

No, Freddie Gray Did Not Have a "Pre-Existing Spinal and Neck Injury"

gawker.com...

Get a crash course on spinal injuries.

This makes the accounts of the man that heard but didn't see sound sketchy

Spinal injury in Grays suggest forceful trauma, Doctors said

www.baltimoresun.com...

The original story

Man dies in Baltimore police custody with spinal injuries one week after arrest

www.nydailynews.com...

The story in the GAWKER, it' say "Gabrielle Bluestone: FILED TO BULL#..

Do you think she may be telling us something?

edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Is been debunked by a investigative reporter and the attorney in the case, court orders were found and no, Gray didn't have any spine injuries before the arrest

CNN live.

You can walk around with bones broken for ages, but until "Something happens" to finish the job off, you don't know your injured, by brother had a broken leg for two weeks and was complaining but walking.

This hood rat could have jumped off a wall, a balcony or whatever after robbing a house or someone could have beat him with a baseball bat we don't know what happened 48 hours before.

How many violent takedowns have we seen on TV, Rodney King etc etc and they didn't die.

This guy gets put on the floor and WHAM...he wins a floppy neck.

Sorry, but i'm calling BS on that one.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

That is my point, obviously he could not have been banging himself if he was already injured from the arrest, is not way that you can move too much with a broken neck.

Quite often you can walk just fine with a broken neck--until the bones shift that is. It's not the fracture itself that ends up being the terminal event, it's the subluxation.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19294434]TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Did you not read a thread yesterday that 'Gray' had been in a car accident and was already suffering with spinal injuries?? That's probably why he was screaming when the cops had him on the ground... they didn't know about his spine, only he knew. Looks to me like they weren't hitting him while he was laying there, they were just holding him down.

Pleasse link to the thread, I haven't seen it and can't find it. This should be interesting if he's been in a car accident recently, theres no case to answer and all that " Black lives matter lets go burn a car and loot a shop" has been for nothing....except his and his families lies if they haven't disclosed the fact to the police.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

"This hood rat could have jumped off a wall, a balcony or whatever after robbing a house or someone could have beat him with a baseball bat we don't know what happened 48 hours before."

Mr Grey could just as easily have sustained such injury tripping over. Why jump to the conclusion he sustained any injury while committing a criminal act? Does that somehow justify the treatment he received from the Police?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join