It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia doesn't exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: High5Ghost

Isn't schizophrenia different to a multiple personality type disorder? I'm no expert by any means but think the two are different.

It might be a progression of the schizophrenic cause and effect that gives the illusion of multiple personality disorder.

For example you read some of our threads about the 911 PO. The person suffering from schizophrenia first believes middle eastern terrorists commit a suicide attack by flying planes into the twin towers. Then later the same person loses some of their paranoid characterization and posts that radio controlled planes were flown into the WTC towers by terrorists for unknown reasons. Finally the schizophrenic clings to media reports and makes reference to authoritative sources supporting an official story.

Looks like three different people posting but its not. Media disclosure tends to evolve slowly, back in the 60's they were telling us kids that the reason they pressurized the Apollo space capsules at less than 5 PSI was that the space suits would work better at a lower pressure. By keeping the pressure for the whole mission at 5 PSI you could eliminate the need for depressurizing and re pressurizing the capsule to 14.7 PSI. Then sometime in the 70's the NASA story changed and they said they needed to keep the capsule pressurized for the whole mission at under 5 PSI because they had shaved the design strength down to save weight and it would rupture at 14.7 PSI.

edit on 14-4-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
All those psychiatrists lied. Good to know.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Kool Beans Man!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
I know this is slightly off topic but why are the voices schizophrenics hears negative.

I haven't heard of someone who is suffering from this ailment who hears positive messages played without them wanting to.

Why must it be negative?

I had positive experiences until in my late 20's. I didn't really want those positive messages, I had it since I was very young and for a long time thought everyone had the same kind of experiences but it was something everyone kept private or to themselves, just like for example dreams or religion.

Then the bad stuff began and it didn't go away for several years. In hindsight I suspect I reacted to a collegue which I can explain was based mostly on nonverbal communication. However, one day this collegue asks me if I was practicing black magic and I couldn't help but think about it, why did he say such a thing? I was surprised he believed in it and knowing the subject is more or less taboo I didn't respond. But when I left the company, the bad stuff went away mostly and the good experiences came back. I still wonder what that guy was doing in his private time and if I somehow reacted to it but guess I'll never know.
edit on 14-4-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
In the UK where care in the community abounds, there has since the 90's when mental health hospitals closed, increased diagnoses of 'personality disorder' than calling it schizophrenia.

Having worked in mental health, I watched countless diagnoses and CPN led medicating turning residents to effective zombies suffering a plethora of other complaints.

The mental health system needs reviewing in the UK.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Maybe...

I know I hear my voice and that I get negative flashes sometimes about something painful or something disgusting happening, but I am used to it and I ignore it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Alterations in frontal white matter neurochemistry and microstructure in schizophrenia: implications for neuroinflammation

www.nature.com...

psychcentral.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

My birth mother is paranoid schizophrenic. She was, umm, hard core. I was physically, emotionally and mentally abused by her. I took the brunt of it and spared my baby sister and baby brother. She left my father when I was 5, abandoning him with 3 very young kids under the age of 5 in the 70's. Over the years, I have contacted her off and on in the past 40 years to try and keep the line of communication open. But I usually get her spewing hateful messages about my grandmother or other family who helped raise me when she wasn't there. I don't want to hear that. I get she doesn't like them, but they were there for me when she was not. That means something to me.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was asked by my obstetrician to get a family history from her because there were spinal abnormalities showing up on my daughter's scan. I call her and all she can talk about is her and my father's sex life. Again, something I REALLY do not want to hear. I needed to know if spinal bifida ran in the family, NOT their sex life, or any abnormalities there!

My daughter is special needs and wants to meet her, and as of 2 years ago she still was not medicated and spewing weird things. The best way I describe it to my daughter that she understands it, is, my daughter understands her brain is "broken" but she takes medicine to make her brain be better. (Epilepsy, autism, and other conditions) I explain to her that her grandmother has her brain "broken" too but she doesn't take her medicine to get better. For my daughter, who at the time had a 7-9 year old understanding, this wording worked for her. She said when grandma takes her medicine she wants to meet her. Which I will allow. It's just, I have to be careful when it comes to my birth mother. My daughter is not aware of sexual matters and things like that. The last thing I need is for my birth mother to bash my daughter's great-grand parents, or talk about my daughter's grandfather's sexual history. Highly inappropriate. Once she can have an appropriate conversation, I have no problem with her meeting my daughter whatsoever. I'm very into family connections.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
In the UK where care in the community abounds, there has since the 90's when mental health hospitals closed, increased diagnoses of 'personality disorder' than calling it schizophrenia.

Having worked in mental health, I watched countless diagnoses and CPN led medicating turning residents to effective zombies suffering a plethora of other complaints.

The mental health system needs reviewing in the UK.

So true.

I've seen a myriad of people turn into "zombies" due to medication.

Nearly happened to me with Olanzipine... That's one dangerous drug imo.

I often think that is why my birth mother will not go on medication. Which I understand. I do. Some of the medication I take for pain turns me into a zombie, so I can only imagine what schizophrenic medication must do. Hell, they have my kid on Lithium and Buspar just for her Autism and half the time if she's not a zombie, she tremors like Mohammed Ali! And that's just Autism!

And truthfully, I normally do not have an issue with whether or not a person medicates, it's just with her, she can be violent, and with children, extremely neglectful, hears voices, sees hallucinations, etc... When I was 5, it was definitely a carnival ride I did not buy tickets for and wanted off of from the very beginning. I hate saying this about my own mother, I truly do, and it's with a very heavy heart, but I was quite glad when she left and my Aunt Prudence stepped up and was very motherly towards me. Even though she passed in front of me in '85, to this day, I still think of her when I think of the word mother. I miss her daily.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I think you are right. However, even though there are three peopple in one here, there is still the voices and other schitzo elements to contend with. so if you are right then She has more then just schitzo to be tagged with . Thanx for the thoughts. Syx.

As someone who, after taking Ambien came down with a nasty side effect of DID, or MPD, it sounds like she might have both. Because of childhood trauma, I had the child, the adult, and the evil, some physiological paranormal stuff, but nothing since leaving my ex in 2010. And no DID episodes since going off the Ambien 5 years ago and having it marked as an "allergy" in my medical records. (Also had hallucinations while on it.) I only experienced MPD 4 times, and only while on Ambien. Once I stopped the Ambien, the MPD stopped as well, so it's marked as a "possible" in my DSM file. (Along with my actual diagnosis of PTSD with depression, anxiety, and OCD with control issues.)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Hi Anya. What Is DID? ALso, She is a very controlling Gal.This leads to many arguments here. The fact that you have hed no more MPD events is amazing! So good for You on that! Were Your hallucinations Visual, or Auditory? I mainly ask because Hers are more Auditory, but some occasional Visuals. Seeing Full body apperitions, but those could be real and not related to any of her conditions. As I have had some visual apperitional events as well sometimes... Syx.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

ghost hunters found that the shadow figures they were seeing on camera were indicitive of holograms.
my theory is that when one sees an apperition, its a shadow figure combined with an internal visual implant along the eyes pathways. the way they touch or cause physical pain is a system of nanos along muscles, nerves, nuerons that are preprogrammed based on memory/possibility ratios.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Very Interestingly Plausible Theory. Haven't thought of it that way before! Syx.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Very Interestingly Plausible Theory. Haven't thought of it that way before! Syx.

what ive found to work best is fabrics high in carbon like weedblock fabric for gardens, and i paint on zinc pyrithion shampoo mixed with charcoal sticks used to draw powdered, objects they resonate from can be nature like metallic minerals in soil to man made objects, mainly metals, plastics, but ive found putting tinfoil painted with the shampoo mix to a foam object, placed in a key resonation area like a fridge or air conditioner helps. I know its crazy, but it helps, and the shampoo baths allow me to submerge my ears, while i locate the internal locations they use. it works if you learn how to use your conciousness to scan internally

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Anyafaj

Hi Anya. What Is DID? ALso, She is a very controlling Gal.This leads to many arguments here. The fact that you have hed no more MPD events is amazing! So good for You on that! Were Your hallucinations Visual, or Auditory? I mainly ask because Hers are more Auditory, but some occasional Visuals. Seeing Full body apperitions, but those could be real and not related to any of her conditions. As I have had some visual apperitional events as well sometimes... Syx.

DID is also referred to as Multiple personality Disorder. My Hallucinations are often both. Auditory and Visual. I've had them with Ambien, Lunesta, Flexural, and Zanaflex. Because of my susceptibility to hallucinations, one of my doctor's marked it as an allergy to those medications. That way I won't be put on them again. Also, with Flexural, I would not eat at all. It was as if, the medication shut that part of my body off. Same with Zanaflex, Zanaflex also shut my legs off. I quite literally could not walk once I took the medication. Imagine seeing crap on your ceiling, hearing them, and not being able to run from it. Some freaky crap! I also have a daughter who is Autistic, so I explained to my doctor that I can't be having hallucinations and try and deal with my daughter and whatever autism tantrum may pop up at any given time of the day as well. Which he understood.

I'm also allergic to Percocet (severe stomach pains), Neurontin (tongue swells and can't breathe), IV Vicodin (hives), IV Demerol (hives), IV Percocet (Hives) due to so many medications I've been on in 25 years time.
edit on 4/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Schizophrenia is a breakdown in processing "reality".

The thing is, there is more to this "reality" than what meets the eye. Is the only color-seeing person in a world of colorblind crazy? Yes.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I came down with paranoid schizophrenia when I was 18. It ripped my life apart and turned it upside down. At one point I was so far gone that the doctors told my parents I would never be the same. My prognoses was very poor. Having severe hallucinations and delusions was terrifying. I thought the CIA had bugged my teeth and causing me to hear voices. The doctors told my mom there was a high probability I'd have to be institutionalized for life.

It is possible for people with schizophrenia to recover. Schizophrenia causes brain damage the longer the illness is left untreated the more damage is done and the harder it is to recover. UCLA did a study where they took people that had a predisposition to getting the illness because they had family members with it. They did regular MRI's on the person before the illness was triggered. The test subjects had normal brains before getting the illness. They were able to study people and see first had what happens when the illness starts and takes over. The MRI images showed the illness starting in the back of the brain near the cerebellum and spreading throughout the rest of the brain like a wild fire. Schizophrenia causes physical changes to the brain. People with the illness loose grey matter their brains literally shrink. 1% of the population is said to have the illness.

2 years after my second and last hospitalization I recovered enough to where I could work. I worked for 10 years at one point I worked at Ford Mo Co making $50k a year. I had my own apartment a brand new car and credit cards. I was dating and living life. I did fine for about 10 years but unfortunately I had a set back. My illness came back to haunt me and I had to go on disability. I lost everything I worked so hard for.

My life is stable now and that's more important than money. I wish I could still work but I have way too many things complicated because of my illness. There is hope out there for people with schizophrenia. This is a horrible debilitating illness and it ruins lives but with the right treatment they can have some quality of life.
edit on 28-4-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Yesterday I mentioned I have been in a 28 year old relationship. It is with a gal who is (clinically diagnosed) schizophrenic.
The three woman I now have are a challenge on a daily basis. Her name is Cindi. But the other two have other names, of which I have never given them one, as I felt it would only keep adding fuel to the mentalities of them. SO I have been on a roller coaster ride for years because of this. Only one of the other personalities is negative, the other two are positive.

Schizophrenia and multiple-personality-disorder are two different things ... www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-differenc e-between-schizophrenia-and-multiple-personality-disorder.htm
edit on 29-4-2015 by Takifugu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Takifugu

Hey Taki Thanx for that link! Will go check it out in a minute or two.

Thanx again, Syx.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I like that water allegory, have never heard it before.

As for a technique to staying 'sane' I'm not positive there is an absolute be all for everyone as no person is the same, physically speaking. It is possible to rewire wetware, sorta.

Inner and outer awareness would probably help and I'm sure that's where some slip on the rocks only to get a foothold in a different direction. Unfortunately nature isn't known to favor everyone.

If you look at other cultures and the different contrasts of how the 'ill' are compared to ours, you'd probably see something wrong at once the way the west treats it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join