It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wondering if this will shed more light on the holographic universe theory.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why is this not under HOAX yet.

Because it IS NOT a hoax...and a vacuum meta instabilty event is ONE possible outcome of dealing with energy densities of TeraElectron- Volts at Planck's Length scales...not to mention
The possibility of creating true singularities,
Quark gluon plasmas, negative charge stranglets,
Membrane collisions which might start a BIG BANG event or any number of other DISASTEROUS
Consequences...and some of my friends and colleagues, some of who just happen to be world superstars in theoretical physics and quantum chromodynamics/mechanics have some "concerns" that they have privately raised with me about CERN's LHC experiments....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's amusing to me that people who are also not scientists.. without PHDs and the like.. can scoff with "nothing will happen you dolt" or something along those lines, when even those conducting the experiments don't really know.

I don't expect anything will happen.. but who knows. Dismissing it out of hand is careless imo.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: GetHyped

When? The second after? Hour, two hours, a day, a week....??? Sometimes the damage isn't apparent at first. But I agree to revisit this thread after a reasonable time has passed to adequately assess what has resulted from the experiment.
Lol more like several million/ billion years imo.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978 So many things can go wrong, dismantle it, sell the parts, recoup a fraction. Scientist need to wait until mankind is a bit more advanced and fully understand what they are dealing with.

This doesn't sit well with me. I have worried about this infernal contraption for sometime.

I guess they'll still throw the switch. Regardless.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hey, if their gravity can leak into our universe, then there is no dark matter, it's the gravity shadow of other metaMilky way galaxies overlaid onto ours. And, maybe John Cramer was right.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Doesn't Cramer believe Dr Woodward's version of Mach's principle when it comes to gravity and inertia? It would be interesting if he didn't because he has made presentations on it on Woodward's behalf and colaberates with Woodward as a distant colleague. Cramer in WU and Woodward at Fullerton.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
Doesn't Cramer believe Dr Woodward's version of Mach's principle when it comes to gravity and inertia?

I suspect at one time he had a WAG that the solution to the thing was gravity punch-through as a result of SUSY. But I don't know if that's still true.
edit on 23-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Doesn't Cramer believe Dr Woodward's version of Mach's principle when it comes to gravity and inertia?

I believe at one time he had a WAG that the solution to the thing was gravity punch-through as a result of SUSY. But I don't know if that's still true.
well gravity leakage is a serious theory now. in fact one of the particles the LHC is about to look for will be taken as evidence in support of that idea if it is found.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I believe at one time he had a WAG that the solution to the thing was gravity punch-through as a result of SUSY. But I don't know if that's still true.
well gravity leakage is a serious theory now. in fact one of the particles the LHC is about to look for will be taken as evidence in support of that idea if it is found.

I think they're also going to look for thumbs up/down on a supersymmetry indication. May we live in interesting times.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
you know; if super symmetry is true it means we could fabricate a second periodic table.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

you know; if super symmetry is true it means we could fabricate a second periodic table.

I actually don't expect it to be true. But it would be AMAZING if it turns out that it COULD be, and even better if it shows which ones could be the 'right' ones.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
a reply to: Cobaltic1978 So many things can go wrong, dismantle it, sell the parts, recoup a fraction. Scientist need to wait until mankind is a bit more advanced and fully understand what they are dealing with.

This doesn't sit well with me. I have worried about this infernal contraption for sometime.

I guess they'll still throw the switch. Regardless.

Maybe you, and people with the same opinion should actually do some more science, and understand... you know... actually what is happening. We get showered every second of every day with particles hitting our atmosphere at energies ranging from the few GeV right out to EeV and more in other words, far in excess of what the LHC can do, and the physics of what is going on in those interactions is EXACTLY THE SAME. The Earth, and indeed every other planet with an atmosphere still exist after billions of years, no blackholes have destroyed them.

The whole blackhole creation thing started because a biologist took a passing interest in random papers from different fields of science... great right? Well yes and no. Yes because its good to know more, but NO because this paper was a random string theory paper. Now I am a particle physicist (Experimental rather than theoretical) and id say that string theory papers are very difficult to get through without a strong cup of tea/coffee, a day, and some backup reference material to read. So what this guy took away from this paper, was likely very little except... OMG black holes. Which rather than asking questions of physicists he wrote a sensationalist article to the media about turning on LEP (at CERN). And the whole black hole scare has been with us ever since.... LEP, Tevatron and now LHC.

You have worried about it for a while? Well that time was a waste really, why not worry about... the idiotic politics happening currently around the world. It should concern you more than what scientists are up to.

So please it is good to have an opinion, but clearly most of the people who share yours, quite clearly know nothing about the LHC or the physics going on there. BUT seem very confident in assuming scientists have the same 'clue' as you do and are somehow just there excitedly pressing buttons like it is a hollywood movie where all scientists are the 'Jurassic Park' style naive 'what can go wrong... OH NOOOOOOOO.... I never thought this would happen, I thought we could control it' types.... which you will also find is simply not the case.

*Rant over*
edit on 23-3-2015 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
It's amusing to me that people who are also not scientists.. without PHDs and the like.. can scoff with "nothing will happen you dolt" or something along those lines, when even those conducting the experiments don't really know.

I don't expect anything will happen.. but who knows. Dismissing it out of hand is careless imo.

So whats the worst that will happen, all you over educated PHd types will scoff and say, I told you so, and I will be like, man ive been getting nailed and wasted for 35 years and Ive got a wine cellar that needs emptying before that black hole in switzerland eats us all up so i am going to invite all the hookers over to my place and we are going party whilst the world ends....

Meh.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sooooo PhD types dont get nailed and wasted? You know... we do tend to
quite a lot actually. You know that most physicists statistically are not single or don't stay single for very long right? Might need to stop watching big bang theory, or stop seeing people like you did at high school.

Just sayin
Oh and we dont have to pay for it either

Aaaand if you had learnt anything by now, you should have grasped that the fact you are living and breathing right this second is because no blackholes will be generated as been statistically proven since the Earth has been around.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Why should it be under Hoax?

Are you calling the Experiments that are due to be carried out a Hoax?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Thanks, for looking in to it. Saves me a couple hours of making sure. Now I can just be worried and hopeful at the same time. While I'm all for great leaps in science, this seems a little risky. They call it a "mini Black hole" But in all truth we have no clue what a black hole core size is really. They could all be at the scale we're about to try and make. We don't know cause anything we throw at them never comes back. I guess we can try and measure it and call it a mini based on it's gravity. But this number is still a guess since we still have no real data on them.

If they pull it off and do make on, and it does not blow up in all our faces. We'll be looking at data we couldn't even fathom having be for. It could shepard our race in to space. That is of course nothing goes wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There is an uncertainty regarding whether they actually found the Higgs Boson..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
For all you doomsayers:

There is no way we can be harmed by these experiments, the Earth is hit by cosmic rays all the time that have far higher energies than the particles at CERN reach.

And as to whether we will find extra dimensions and parallel universes, I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Why should it be under Hoax?

Are you calling the Experiments that are due to be carried out a Hoax?

There are no official news anoucment of this from lhc or cern

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join