It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Okay, didn't take much to find it.

The LHC will be up and running again this month and they are upping the energy levels.

www.swissinfo.ch...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd wish they open a portal and offer us a free ride! Enough with earth's madness already!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The staggeringly complex LHC ‘atom smasher’ at the CERN centre in Geneva, Switzerland, will be fired up to its highest energy levels ever in a bid to detect - or even create - miniature black holes.

If successful a completely new universe will be revealed – rewriting not only the physics books but the philosophy books too.

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

The experiment is sure to inflame alarmist critics of the LHC, many of whom initially warned the high energy particle collider would spell the end of our universe with the creation a black hole of its own.

But so far Geneva remains intact and comfortably outside the event horizon.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

What?

Just what the hell are they playing at over in Switzerland? Attempting to create mini black holes? Attempting to open up parallel universes?

I am all for discovering new things and appreciate science is relatively still in its infancy, but what happens if this little experiment goes dramatically wrong, it could be the end of everything.

I'm sure in this day and age, risk assessments have been conducted, but what's to stop a little Black Hole growing into the Daddy of Black Holes?

The truth is, they do not know, yet they are willing to take the chance.

Still I guess they have to justify their funding?

Sleep well.

I am assuming that you are not a physicist...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

originally posted by: laughingdog
a reply to: Cobaltic1978 So many things can go wrong, dismantle it, sell the parts, recoup a fraction. Scientist need to wait until mankind is a bit more advanced and fully understand what they are dealing with.

This doesn't sit well with me. I have worried about this infernal contraption for sometime.

I guess they'll still throw the switch. Regardless.

Maybe you, and people with the same opinion should actually do some more science, and understand... you know... actually what is happening. We get showered every second of every day with particles hitting our atmosphere at energies ranging from the few GeV right out to EeV and more in other words, far in excess of what the LHC can do, and the physics of what is going on in those interactions is EXACTLY THE SAME. The Earth, and indeed every other planet with an atmosphere still exist after billions of years, no blackholes have destroyed them.

The whole blackhole creation thing started because a biologist took a passing interest in random papers from different fields of science... great right? Well yes and no. Yes because its good to know more, but NO because this paper was a random string theory paper. Now I am a particle physicist (Experimental rather than theoretical) and id say that string theory papers are very difficult to get through without a strong cup of tea/coffee, a day, and some backup reference material to read. So what this guy took away from this paper, was likely very little except... OMG black holes. Which rather than asking questions of physicists he wrote a sensationalist article to the media about turning on LEP (at CERN). And the whole black hole scare has been with us ever since.... LEP, Tevatron and now LHC.

You have worried about it for a while? Well that time was a waste really, why not worry about... the idiotic politics happening currently around the world. It should concern you more than what scientists are up to.

So please it is good to have an opinion, but clearly most of the people who share yours, quite clearly know nothing about the LHC or the physics going on there. BUT seem very confident in assuming scientists have the same 'clue' as you do and are somehow just there excitedly pressing buttons like it is a hollywood movie where all scientists are the 'Jurassic Park' style naive 'what can go wrong... OH NOOOOOOOO.... I never thought this would happen, I thought we could control it' types.... which you will also find is simply not the case.

*Rant over*
Glad I could entertain you, look, science is just a tool, and I don't worship it.

All I did was express my opinion. You are still allowed to express your opinion on this site?

I know enough science to understand it's dangers.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
perhaps it can confirm the existence of time travel, maybe someone will come back and sabotage it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now I'll be able to find all my socks!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptanMad
a reply to: rebelv

Yes, exactly that. They are actually called 'micro black hole'
Due to 'hawking radiation' they evaporate rather quickly.

It is important to note that we have yet to actually find a black hole in nature and/or create one. Even the founder of the black hole theory has released papers trying to disprove them.

Now before anyone argues against me, yes we have detected gravitational anomalies that could be and may well be black holes, yet we haven't 'proven' they exist. Tis all but a theory, just like gravity.

Sincerely a Physics Masters Student

Thanks for that, one less thing I have to worry myself about.

I gave you a star.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm thinking they can snatch another Rickymouse from the other dimension. I'll be glad to go back to the home of the gods in his place.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have to wonder if they have ever seen this.

edit on 23-3-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
It's amusing to me that people who are also not scientists.. without PHDs and the like.. can scoff with "nothing will happen you dolt" or something along those lines, when even those conducting the experiments don't really know.

I don't expect anything will happen.. but who knows. Dismissing it out of hand is careless imo.

Nothing will happen because that would be too awesome.

Every time we think something amazing yet terrifying is going to happen, we're all let down: Y2K, 2012, Nibiru, Alien invasion, Supervolcano eruptions, etc. etc. They never come to pass. The human psyche is obviously enamored with disastrous events... just look at all the movies.

The worst we get are occasional big hurricanes and earthquakes with a terrorist attack or two thrown in the mix.

To clarify, I'm not hoping for an event that kills a lot of people or ends the world as we know it.
edit on 3/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is awesome!! I really hope something comes from it. Something incredible and staggering.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm thinking they can snatch another Rickymouse from the other dimension. I'll be glad to go back to the home of the gods in his place.

But what if they're the Elder Gods? I think Cthulhu would welcome you with open...beak.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm fully behind this notion if it puts an end to the haunting, dissonant panpipes that they keep bloody playing outside my window every night.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
As long as the guy in charge doesn't yell, "Hold my beer and watch this! " if he does, we're screwed.

LOL, While risky I really doubt any of those scientist have drank a beer in their life let alone have sex haha. Dr. Evil needs to have his LHC taken away from him before France is a black hole. They are going to unlock the bottomless pit and unleash a Demon horde before E.T. ever comes through rockin a goatee and a bud light.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Now I'll be able to find all my socks!!!!!

No doubt, That's it!!! Its the clothes Dryers that can cause a black hole. It generates all that static electricity and poof the smallest thing with the most cotton goes to a Demons chest drawer haha!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
LOL, While risky I really doubt any of those scientist have drank a beer in their life let alone have sex haha...

Something tells me you haven't been around many physicists or engineers. Grant you, the small talk can be a bit different, but even that's pretty normal most of the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
a reply to: Cobaltic1978 So many things can go wrong, dismantle it, sell the parts, recoup a fraction. Scientist need to wait until mankind is a bit more advanced and fully understand what they are dealing with.

This doesn't sit well with me. I have worried about this infernal contraption for sometime.

I guess they'll still throw the switch. Regardless.

They would not spend this much money and waste the amount of manpower they have if they did not find the plans for this in an archeological dig somewhere. The thing is massive and what they are looking for is something very scary as no person in his right mind would try this on earth when it could open something they have no clue about. I do not buy the micro atom smashing deal, it has another purpose that they are not telling us.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
like everything it will come to nothing,world will not end. i guarantee anyone intrested are the ones who know about it, 99% of the world will go about their day to day buisness and never give it another thought.

and they won,t need to cause as i say nothing is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Perhaps they are attempting to go some wheres in the seven sisters !

Sorry , I just could not resist this one as The guy ATS uses as the Hoax icon claims that 3 seconds away in an alternate universe live some very interesting peoples.
edit on 23-3-2015 by bluemooone2 because: to add last line

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Absolute Star and Flag, if for only the John Titor cross reference material.

Ironic as it may sound to those in the know, I am compelled to ask why I feel like I'm dating myself by bringing this up?

See, everything he said he remembers happening, seems to slowly be coming to fruition, if even a decade or so off date and time specifics (by design?).

I'm going back over his stuff for the fifth time now, but I'm almost positive that this story coincides greatly with his material as well...let alone what has been plastered on the news the last few years (stories of dissent, police actions, and overwhelming complacency about Constitution mutilation).

If this correlation was stated after the first page of replies, I apologize, but I'm fully into Titor mode again, and must get this down and then go reading.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they accidentally stumble upon time travel, or if they'd say anything about it to begin with. I don't remember him ever saying the general public was told about the happenstance...and even then only very few in the organizational structure he was attached to.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join