It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I wasn't directing the not caring comment at you. Just the general disinterest in the craft because they don't return video or stills anymore. Of what? Really?
The people intelligent enough to contribute to these threads aren't the ones I'm concerned about.
And considering the level of tech in those birds, imagine what New Horizons will eventually accomplish, after the soon-to-be Pluto awesomeness.

Voyager (ahem) III should turn towards the nearest star once it's primary mission is done. as a purely symbolic statement of mankind's intent; it should set course for the stars. not just accidentally pass (arguably) near one but be deliberately and precisely aimed at one.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i dunno... using the Hadron Collider to risk all our lives for the sake of scientific progress. if they wanna risk their own lives i 'm not stopping them. but others risking my life without my consent, thats not right.

who the **** authorized this great risk anyways on the behalf of the ****** human race? god?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Simon Parkes talks about Cern and that its capable of many things, but its main purpose was to send energy up a major portal to negatives and that tunnel is collapsing over long time. Hopefully it is massively interfered with by both positive forces, and by our own consciousness and meditations and awareness that we don't want that to occur.

Its also possible that meditating and seeing that portal as completely collapsing to metaphoric dark entities would be a very good thing.

We have a lot more ability than we think. Groups of meditators, Not Handled By Anyone, but using positive love, equality, freedom, and concern for the well being of everyone on earth and their happiness, and setting those very good intentions, should be sending that kind of energy out there.

And technologies like HAARP, which have a positive application but are used opposite, left hand only. Its time to shut down everything that isn't good.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Stopping at store to buy Beer and Nutz for the show... or lack there of.......

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms
i dunno... using the Hadron Collider to risk all our lives for the sake of scientific progress. if they wanna risk their own lives i 'm not stopping them. but others risking my life without my consent, thats not right.

who the **** authorized this great risk anyways on the behalf of the ****** human race? god?

You are safe. Nothing can happen in or around the LRC to put yourself or your loved ones in any danger whatsoever. Posts and emotions like this arise from a media-inspired misunderstanding of both science and the collider. Authors use it to sell books, papers to sell papers, and these folks are no better than any other fear merchant of yore.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

The new data you quoted in this post seems to be important enough for its own thread, and for more people to interpret its meaning. It seems important much beyond this discussion. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm kinda scared, I think this is going to be the biggest mistake that planet earth is going to be known for. Be safe and keep your eyes on the skys.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaybri
I'm kinda scared, I think this is going to be the biggest mistake that planet earth is going to be known for. Be safe and keep your eyes on the skys.

The LHC will not, repeat, WILL NOT, bring about Armageddon, black holes, alien invasion, spiritual damnation, or cause your ice cream to spoil any faster.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They most likely have already done it but its most likely a big secret, they are at least showing the public that there could be other universes out there or within matter itself. . . Thats a start. . .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The LHC will not, repeat, WILL NOT, bring about Armageddon, black holes, alien invasion, spiritual damnation, or cause your ice cream to spoil any faster.

I don't know...

I think if I put my ice cream on top of some parts of the ATLAS detector at the LHC, it might spoil faster. Then again, the same thing could happen if I put my ice cream on top of my car engine as it runs.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: soylent green is people

I don't know...

I think if I put my ice cream on top of some parts of the ATLAS detector at the LHC, it might spoil faster. Then again, the same thing could happen if I put my ice cream on top of my car engine as it runs.

Touché.
That will likely make your ice cream spoil faster.
And sticking your face into the beam will actually cause TREMENDOUS harm to you or your family.
Of course, if you actually have such unfettered access to the campus and actual apparatus to be able to accomplish these things, you have a thorough enough understanding that this particular discussion is irrelevant to you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oh, and to be absolutely accurate, the LHC could possibly produce quantum singularities, AKA 'black holes'. But these are not your parents' black holes. These aren't the star-swallowing behemoths so popular in science articles and sci-fi. These are miniscule constructs, containing only the mass and gravitational attraction of 2 or 3 protons. Not even strong enough to overcome the proton-proton charge repulsion and 'eat' any of its neighbors. Therefore, it would evaporate into quantum nothingness in such a short amount of time we would be extremely lucky to even get a tiny hint it ever existed.
edit on 21-6-2015 by pfishy because: Spoons are not rececars.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join