It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One for the Vegans, Plants know who, and What, is eating it and feel some kind of pain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
All i can say is this.....

What more needs be said

scream! scream! scream!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: angeldoll

You DID NOT have breakfast.

Breakfast has bacon in it.

You fail and should be ashamed of yourself!

No bacon, what a weirdo...

A Jew's breakfast doesn't have bacon in it. Saying they are weirdos might be a mite anti-semantic.

Curious, can they eat Turkey bacon? I've been exploring the Jewish religion recently.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Bacon doesn't care who you are, it likes being eaten.

My husband was a butcher when he was young he never could eat bacon because bacon is the area of female pigs only with the nipples intact. He is vegetarian now and much happier!
Sometimes when you buy slab bacon the piece you get is cut from the teat section of the belly.

Slab bacon has to be sliced before frying. If you do it just right, you can cross-section the nipple:

Don't be squeamish; once the bacon is cooked, you can't tell the difference:

davescupboard.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Try the veal!

I so do love veal.

What's not to love!

Veal take this and put it in a box so it will lose all muscle. Make sure it can never move tie it down so it lays in its own waste...mmmm

And ENJOY!

edit on 13-3-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

..raw tako.

I like fish tako.

Go with the squid!mmm
What you see above are actually the suckers on the arm of a squid, captured with an electron microscope.

io9.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Been saying this on this site for some time now, because hypocrisy, and snobbery suck. Guess what vegans, your murderers too! Congrats! Deal with it, the rest of us do.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
Been saying this on this site for some time now, because hypocrisy, and snobbery suck. Guess what vegans, your murderers too! Congrats! Deal with it, the rest of us do.

I think everyone should take the time to watch this very amusing video to get a clear perspective.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Been saying this on this site for some time now, because hypocrisy, and snobbery suck. Guess what vegans, your murderers too! Congrats! Deal with it, the rest of us do

You like all Humans are an animal also ...
There is a vast difference between living things and sentient living beings
Plants like all living things react to their environment ... this does not mean they think independently like sentient beings do
You could measure the reactions of many living things and surmise they feel pain if you want but you would be deluded
Does your hair feel pain when it is cut

Comparing a plant with an animal in this way is laughable ... Take a Reality check

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I love that movie clip. Although the aliens strike me as bigots due to intelligent meat being disgusting to them. They are liek hyper vegans. meat a phobic creatures lol!!

Say "the happenning" is a VEgan propaganda piece. SO vegans make sure to apologize to your salad when it comes to your table.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

SO vegans make sure to apologize to your salad when it comes to your table.

I am sure many Vegans are grateful for the food upon their table ... But I am sure they talk to people rather than plants unless they are insane like your suggestion

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

SO vegans make sure to apologize to your salad when it comes to your table.

I am sure many Vegans are grateful for the food upon their table ... But I am sure they talk to people rather than plants unless they are insane like your suggestion

Without the other sentence that sounds really stupid. You removed the CONTEXT of the joke.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Never realised your post was intended as a joke

edit on 13-3-2015 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If I care about plants and animals then I kill fewer of both by being vegetarian.

Is it really that upsetting that I would prefer to kill as little as possible to acquire all of the nutrition I need to thrive?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Been saying this on this site for some time now, because hypocrisy, and snobbery suck. Guess what vegans, your murderers too! Congrats! Deal with it, the rest of us do

You like all Humans are an animal also ...
Plants like all living things react to their environment ... this does not mean they think independently like sentient beings do
You could measure the reactions of many living things and surmise they feel pain if you want but you would be deluded
Does your hair feel pain when it is cut

Comparing a plant with an animal in this way is laughable ... Take a Reality check

Quite right artistpoet, but it's the Reality check that seems to be the most difficult thing. Great truths appear to be somehow obscured by their obviousness. Their facticity is hidden in plain sight. Mostly people don't really conceal the way they feel but the true reasons for what they defend or support is hidden, at least from themselves. If that were not so then there would be no requirement for psychologists.

Look at Chronogoblin's statement as a good example, he writes: "Guess what vegans, your murderers too! Congrats! Deal with it, the rest of us do."

He is saying: "The rest of us are murderers." and implied: "The whole human race are murderers (just some people don't want to admit it.)

Chronogoblin you are saying this because somewhere or other you have felt that you have been made to feel inferior by particular people (who you see as snobs and hypocrites) who also happen to eat a plant-based diet.

I wonder if there must be at least quite a few readers on the thread who kind of think to themselves, "Hey, I like my bacon but whoahh hold on there Chronogoblin, speak for youself, I don't think of myself as a fellow murderer on your team!"

But nonetheless, Chronogoblin has spewed forth a truth nugget when he spoke from his guts. The civilization that surrounds us and supports us was built on murder (and of course slavery).

Does your hair feel pain when it is cut?

Too true. But plants are not the holy sacrament of the predator. Meat is! Meat has become more than food. It has some powerful emotional connection to it. The scene of the big daddy standing at the head of the table with a long carving knife in one hand and a mini pitchfork in the other, the beast upon a silver tray with the carry handles, laying in submission trussed up and steaming there. Big daddy apportioning out the different parts of its body to those gathered humbly around the table. Parts apportioned according to rank and seniority, or as just plain favour.

Flashback to some primordial time - a cataclysmic event - when meat was the measure of life or death, when the hunter was the saviour of the starving. As groups of hominids fought over sparse areas of game, the hunter became a soldier and hunting techniques successfully applied to animals were then modified and applied to the hunting and killing of other humans.

That awful time has long since passed historically but not so psychologically. Take a peek into ATS's Survival forum for example.

The reality check is observing the connection between 3 phenomena: Predator, Carnivore, War - the military industrial complex.

The human race is now faced with its greatest challenge - to transform the predatory conditioning. Nothing, and I mean nothing short of this will save the human race from destruction.

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

- Hotel California

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

But nonetheless, Chronogoblin has spewed forth a truth nugget when he spoke from his guts. The civilization that surrounds us and supports us was built on murder

You may be talking down to us from your lofty high horse but it's not so high that we can't smell the stench of the sanctimony. Let's get this straight right now.

Murder: an Overview

Definition

Murder occurs when one human being unlawfully kills another human being.
www.law.cornell.edu...

Murder does not apply to plants or animals.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I guess you never seen the M. night shmalayyn movie "the happenning" then huh? Essentially plants take over and kill off humans as a warning. ANd in one scene matt damon apologizes to a plastic plant. get the joke now?

The plants were feeling butt hurt and decided to troll humanity.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No never saw that film ... sounds like a spoof of the old film The Day of the Triffids

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Murder does not apply to plants or animals.
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Humans are animals also ... Of course Humans generally choose to differentiate themselves from other animals ... But tell a hungry Lion that ...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Humans are animals also ... Of course Humans generally choose to differentiate themselves from other animals

I certainly do. If I had said murder doesn't apply to plants or non-human animals, what would you say about my comment then?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If I had said murder doesn't apply to plants or non-human animals, what would you say about my comment then?
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I would say you are quoting the law of your land or religion or some rule laid down by others who rule you ... and by non Human animal I suppose you refer to all other fellow sentient beings ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join