It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One for the Vegans, Plants know who, and What, is eating it and feel some kind of pain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
No worries! Also, I don't like that dish in particular. It's really weird because if you eat too soon after adding the soy sauce the little suckers on the octopus can stick to your throat and make you feel like you're choking. Also I'm not a huge fan of raw tako. I prefer it cooked a bit. Takoyaki is freaking delicious.

Oh my gosh. As if it weren't visually taboo enough, it can latch itself to your inner throat and cause gagging too!

Not to go too off-topic:

Speaking of plants producing more of certain types of chemicals to make them less appealing to insects and animals, I've always thought that some of the more unusual flavors that can be irritating like onions and peppers formed over time in this way, which is why most animals don't like it but we do; we are strange animals that like to subject ourselves to weird things. This is also how I think certain psychoactive plants formed over time; to cause an unpleasant affect on the conscious of an animal so that it won't try to consume it again.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Firstly I'll deal with the middle of your post...

No, I do not ever defend religious fanatics...
& I urge you to find a post of mine that does, I'll even give you my Twitter account and you can check up there as well...
No.

Now, what you have done, is go into murder, the extreme end of the spectrum...
Which really has nothing to do with the type of religious fanaticism I was referring to...

ie pushing something onto others.

& to deal with the first part of your post, you may not have encountered it...

But I have seen many people telling others what they should eat...
In many different instances...

Whether it's an argument that "you shouldn't eat meat, that's murder"...
Upto and including people being told to "get over GMO labels, so what if it doesn't highlight you're eating poison"...

(We can both be extreme I'm guessing, you set precedent there)...

So I'd appreciate if you do not twist my words, or proclaim that I'm a terrorist sympathiser.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

..raw tako.

I like fish tako.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

o

Whew,I had a salad earlier!

I try to be healthy every day. The government says I need at least 5 healthy servings of fruits and veggies, so I little salad before I go to bed every night! I'm especially addicted to burnt salad. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

o

Whew,I had a salad earlier!
I love these word plays. I like the subtleties of the english language and sometimes it's outright silliness.

Is cereal a soup? It is a particulate food submerged in a liquid.

Could cereal be a salad? After all a salad is only an array of vegetables in a dish with a dressing. Milk could be that dressing.

The joys of language! And little Masons.

Sure it's soup. I've had soup all week for dinner. The kind with marshmallows! It has a cute little green guy on the outside of the box representing a country full of lush green grass! If you're "lucky", you might find a special four leaf variety somewhere in the country.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

..raw tako.

I like fish tako.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

a reply to: r0xor

Ahhhhh... Sorry I misinterpreted. I used to be really good at detecting sarcasm in the spoken word.

No apolgies needed. It's just easier to detect in spoken word usually vs written, and I happen to be so good at seeming dense that I often find myself lingering in insecurity afterward over whether anyone even actually got my point.

*kung-fu facepalm*
No worries! Also, I don't like that dish in particular. It's really weird because if you eat too soon after adding the soy sauce the little suckers on the octopus can stick to your throat and make you feel like you're choking. Also I'm not a huge fan of raw tako. I prefer it cooked a bit. Takoyaki is freaking delicious.

I would try it, but I have a deathly fear of choking, so it's a no go for me. If I could cut the suckers off, I would definitely give it a shot.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

If I could cut the suckers off...

Sounds like entitlement reform.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If I could cut the suckers off...

Sounds like entitlement reform.

Sure, why not, let's go with that and see where it takes us! LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

a reply to: r0xor

Ahhhhh... Sorry I misinterpreted. I used to be really good at detecting sarcasm in the spoken word.

No apolgies needed. It's just easier to detect in spoken word usually vs written, and I happen to be so good at seeming dense that I often find myself lingering in insecurity afterward over whether anyone even actually got my point.

*kung-fu facepalm*

I would try it, but I have a deathly fear of choking, so it's a no go for me. If I could cut the suckers off, I would definitely give it a shot.
If you give it a little time after adding the soy the muscles that control suckers run out of juice so it's perfectly fine. I remember the first time I did it. I swear my co-workers were in on it. It was during my first week teaching english, someone poured the soy on and nobody went for it, so I thought I'd be the brave one and show my new japanese co-workers that I could handle their food. So I cut off a leg and sucked it down like a wet noodle. Then I started coughing and crying and they all bust out laughing.

I was like "Why....?" And they just responded "You have to wait."

Best first impression ever.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: whyamIhere

You intolerant jerk face, it's " little person Mason". I will say midget Mason does have a nice ring to it though.

I'm short and a Mason, so Railgun and I will hook up and eat bacon salads.

Might even fire up the smoker and make bacon wrapped bacon...

I just had a chicken protein scramble. Then I realized...

Who takes eggs from a chicken, kills it, then cooks it in its own eggs ?

That's two generations of chicken in my scramble.

Who's working the counter Col. Manson ?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: whyamIhere

I HATED eggs as a kid. I still do sometimes. I can't quite understand why people enjoy something that comes out of an animals butt. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Comfort yourself with that thought ... Bacon is Pig Flesh ... Of course once the Pig is murdered it no longer has the ability to object ... your comment is facile

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The short video says nothing really ... It merely shows the inherent self defence mechanism within plants ... Of course it is hard to get your head round the fact that Universe has Intelligence permeating through out it ...

Intelligence works in two ways ... automatic ... such as the body functions of breathing etc ... You do not have to consciously think of it though you can... Then there is what is refereed to as sentient intelligence ... or concious intelligence which is what animals including the human animal have ...

No one is telling you what you should eat but to say plants are equivalent with fellow animal beings is plain stupid or born out of a guilty mind
edit on 11-3-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

That's a very nice mule.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

A very rebellious sandwich that is; a fried chicken breast with a fried egg on top. Throw some shaved ham, swiss cheese, dijon mustard, and name it after the biggest traitor in your national history:

The Benedict Cordon-Bleu

edit on 3/11/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Mmm this thread has gotten me HUNGRY!!! I want a big piece of steak right now!! With some broccoli... And chocolate...
edit on 13-3-2015 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SalientSkivvy
Mmm this thread has gotten me HUNGRY!!! I want a big piece of steak right now!! With some broccoli... And chocolate...

You're only allowed to cook if you make enough for the rest of the class. LOL (BTW, I take mine medium still pink thank you. LOL)

edit on 3/13/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: angeldoll

You DID NOT have breakfast.

Breakfast has bacon in it.

You fail and should be ashamed of yourself!

No bacon, what a weirdo...

A Jew's breakfast doesn't have bacon in it. Saying they are weirdos might be a mite anti-semantic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join