It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP continues drive for preemptive "war of choice" with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Everyone of the Senators should be charged for violating the Logan act. Foreign policy is not the job of the Senate it is the job of the state dept and the President.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

WOW!!!! I don't even know what to say. This is un-friggin-believable.

Isn't that Treason?

I've said numerous times here on ATS that our current GOP poses a bigger threat to humanity than Al Qaeda or ISIS ever dreamed of and they're proving I was right.

This is scary bad news. It's pure insanity.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
I guess this kind of points to a next elected republican presidential candidate...only one that is set on invading Iran...no other candidate will do.

What a sad country you've become.

The US has ALREADY INVADED the middle east, yet again, Obama just restarted the troops going over to fight Jihadists.

Remember when he was elected he promised to remove all troops from the middle east,
it is downright criminal that he not only did not keep his promise,
but has restarted the war,
and sent more troops to fight, but this time to engage in a religious war -
.....................which will be seen by history as another Crusade.

If any candidate says they want to either: continue the religious war against Jihadists
(Democratic stance, as evidenced by Obama being the head of the Democratic Party
sending troops to fight the religious war)

OR: start a war with Iran (as you all are claiming is the Republican stance, although I disagree)

well, I can tell you that it will be the prime opportunity
to return sanity to the US
and a third party - Libertarian or something else
will have a real shot for the first time to win

and restore sanity to the US

edit on 9Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:47:09 -0500am30903amk091 by grandmakdw because: FORMAT

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Do you realize Obama has issued the fewest Executive Orders of any US president in recent history? Nearly all of those he did issue were to keep the government open and operating while the GOP leaders tried to shut it down, or held up proceedings playing games with the budgets, or setting the record for the most filibusters ever conducted by Congress. So to then declare Obama is a "tyrant" for issuing EO's in response to GOP obstruction is laughable at best!!!

The GOP even tried to DEFUND the Department of Homeland Security, and Obama was poised to issue an EO to keep that funded! You would probably call him a tyrant for that, too!

The failing lies with the GOP and its so called leaders, who are on the move again in pushing for a Middle East war, and their end game has always been IRAN! Look at the "Policy for a New American Century" (PNAC) for their game plan. Netanyahoo is a full-fledged NEOCON and they are conspiring together to destroy diplomacy between the US and Iran and FORCE us into another war.

Congress has indeed become a wretched and pathetic institution.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

WOW!!!! I don't even know what to say. This is un-friggin-believable.

Isn't that Treason?

I've said numerous times here on ATS that our current GOP poses a bigger threat to humanity than Al Qaeda or ISIS ever dreamed of and they're proving I was right.

This is scary bad news. It's pure insanity.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Be afraid, be very afraid. They Are apparently grandiose enough to believe they ARE the President. The interference is unquestionably dangerous. They are, I hate to say it, but DUMB as rocks.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Do you think shouting by typing in bold will make you more correct?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You're just full of hyperbole. Islam itself is only about 1,400 years old so "thousands of years" can't be true. What we're seeing now is in large part the fallout of the partitioning of the former Ottoman Empire following WWI.

Obama did this after his secret meeting with Middle Eastern leaders. We are now fighting their war for them. The only people who can stop Islamic terrorism are other Muslims and Muslim countries. Infidel countries, secular countries, like the US will only exacerbate the infidel hatred and make matters worse outside the ME.

What planet do you live on?

Top Republican urges Obama to reconsider ‘no boots on the ground’ mantra in Iraq (Fox News 9/14)

A top House Republican is urging the Obama administration to consider sending U.S. ground forces as part of its strategy against the Islamic State, saying “we will have to risk Americans" to defeat the terrorist group.

The call by Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers R-Mich., puts him out in front of even his Republican colleagues, many of whom echo the administration line that the U.S. should not commit “boots on the ground” in Iraq

John Boehner: 'Somebody's Boots Have to Be on the Ground' (NewsMax 9/14)

"The president's made clear that he doesn't want boots on the ground. Well, somebody's boots have to be on the ground," he said, adding that this was a reason to support Syrian rebels to fight the Islamic State.

Why Scott Walker Doesn’t Rule Out ‘Boots on the Ground’ to Defeat ISIS (Daily Signal 2/15)

Sending American combat troops to fight in Syria could be “what it takes” to defeat ISIS as part of a more aggressive U.S. strategy against the terrorist group, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said yesterday.

Yep, the GOP leaders aren't hankering for more war without end. Why do you think they brought in Netanyahu?
edit on 2015-3-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RancorXXX

I disagree with your interpretation of events.

You are spouting the Democratic Party line, to the last letter, t, and dot.

I can see that no matter what I say, you will spout the Democratic party line.
I already am quite familiar with the Democratic Party's interpretation of events.

I disagree that your party line or any party line is the entire truth or correction interpretation of events.

edit on 9Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:52:32 -0500am30903amk091 by grandmakdw because: format grammar

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm tell you ... Iran isn't the enemy we're lead to believe. Yes, there are radicals in Iran, but the majority of the population is pretty young. These Iranians love Levi jeans, MTV and enjoy their satellite TV. They would love nothing more than to become more alligned with the Western world.

But, like the USA they are lead by people that don't represent the majority. They are lead by radical religious insaneophilles. Sometimes I think that American interests help keep these people in power, in order to keep Iran a scary boogey man.

We've done a good job at keeping the Middle East a mess, and allowing despots and dictators to rule. God forbid we allow the ME to enter into the 21st century and it's people become educated and literate. Hm, perhaps if that were to happen they would take control of their oil reserves and exert more power and control over the world stage.

The military industrial complex loves nothing more than war -- who else is going to buy their RPG's, rockets, bombs, bullets and armored vehicles?

Fear sells, and conservative-minded people's brains are structurally different -- literally. These people are respond to fear far more than "liberal" minded people.

I for one refuse to live in fear, and from my personal experience, the majority of people are good and just want a quiet, simple life. There isn't a scary boogey man behind every tree.

If you live in fear, your giving up a huge chunk of your freedom and ability to enjoy your brief few trips around the sun.

Friends not fear should be our motto. If we can't even get along with people in other countries, how in the world are we going to get along with alien species?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes. I had a friend in Iran for many years. It is exactly as you say.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

He withdrew our armies from Afghanistan and Iraq, leaving only a small force present to continue security operations. When fighting flared up again, mainly from sectarian violence, he added more troops.

That was the number one BIGGEST failing of the Neocon war plan from the start, even Daddy Bush knew not to depose Saddam as it would lead to decades of sectarian warfare.

So now here you are, mister Neocon apologist, trying to blame the unlucky inheritor of the ME mess started by Neocons for the continued warfare there.

So no, Obama didn't "restart" a war. I feel he has walked a fine line between containing the spillover from the Iraq war and the obvious attempts by war hawks to expand it, while dealing with the Sunni extremists originating out the Saudi camp.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

start a war with Iran (as you all are claiming is the Republican stance, although I disagree)

That is exactly what they want. When it comes to the ME the GOP is an extension of the Likud party and Benny is in charge. This was proven when Boehner invited Benny to speak to congress. There is nothing Benny would like more than for America to attack Iran just like America did when we attacked Iraq because our Republican President believed Benny's lies.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Has Obama removed all troops from the Middle East as he promised?

Has Obama sent more troops recently to the Middle East to fight Islamists?
(using drones, etc?)

Is Obama as pristine, and not responsible for,
allowing troops to remain at war in the middle east
and resending troops after withdrawing some troops
as some here have a fantasy about?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If the GOP has proven anything over the past 6yrs, it's the fact that they couldn't negotiate their way out of a pissed on paper bag, even amongst themselves.

Now they want to be relevant? Please!!!

This is a dangerous game they're playing and we are the pawns.

IMO, this has to be some form of treason and if I were Eric Holder, I'd be on them like stink on s**t.

I wonder what would happen if half the Senate was charged with treason?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yep. The problem is most Americans insulate themselves with Faux Skews, allowing their realities to be molded by fear.

We've had intelligence assets in Iran for decades -- we know what is really going on. We seem to love regime change, but only when it puts into power a puppet that either:

1. Creates a scary boogeyman

2. Fights a scary boogeyman we've already installed in a neighboring country

We've been playing the countries of the ME like pawns on a chess board against themselves for decades.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Not to mention, Iran has a sizable Jewish population with Synogogues and even run a Jewish hospital in Tehran. Israel has been offering Iranian Jews cash rewards to leave Iran and move to Israel and many of them have refused it.

I think they do however recognize the difference between being Jewish, being Israeli, and Zionism. I almost want to say "state-sponsored terrorism known as Zionism" because it has been used to drive out and attack non-Jewish citizens of Israel and Palestinian lands. Zionism is working hand-in-hand with the Neocons to push for the next level of warfare in the ME.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RancorXXX

Isn't blaming Bush getting a little tiresome?

It is such an old worn out excuse for not taking responsibility for ones own behavior.

Even Hillary pulled that lame, tired, more than 1/2 a decades old refrain for the Democrats.

Sounds childish to me at best, and
at worst, people who lack the integrity to take responsibility for their own actions.
Your use of the words "Daddy Bush", show me that this mentality is the mentality
of the immature who are too scared to admit their mistakes or are willing to
take responsibility for what they have done, or not done.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yep. The problem is most Americans insulate themselves with Faux Skews, allowing their realities to be molded by fear.

We've had intelligence assets in Iran for decades -- we know what is really going on. We seem to love regime change, but only when it puts into power a puppet that either:

1. Creates a scary boogeyman

2. Fights a scary boogeyman we've already installed in a neighboring country

We've been playing the countries of the ME like pawns on a chess board against themselves for decades.

And Americans have been insulating themselves with networks proven to lie, NBC, MSNBC
and the ClintonNewsNetwork.
Who also play the let's be scared card.
Only this time they are supporting sending troops to fight a religious war
to tow the party line for the Democrats.

The US is in a sorry mess isn't it?

No one willing to be an adult

No one willing to find the truth that lies inbetween the lies and half-truths

And a populace that is willing to pick and side and be
loyal to the death and unwilling to seek truth
rather than follow party lines.

edit on 10Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:09:39 -0500am30903amk091 by grandmakdw because: format

edit on 10Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:10:28 -0500am30903amk091 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes, but you won't hear a peep about that in the media!

Israel want's nothing more than to prod the USA into war with Iran.

I'm sorry, but whoever's idea that of taking a bunch of Caucasian Jews and transplanting them in the Middle East would work out ...

It was a recipe for disaster. "Hey lets take a bunch of white people and force their settlement into a highly religiously sensitive area, displacing Arab people! Nah, it'll work out just fine -- after all this is their ancestral homeland, even though they look nothing like the ethnic people in the area!". . .

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I read where somebody asked Obama if he ever read the Constitution. I think that some of the people here need to read it as well.
ARTICLE II, SECTION 2, CLAUSE 2
The President... shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur....

Those Senators are just doing their job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join