It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, do you agree that the bible is written ambiguously?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

That is dumb. You don't choose to be someone's offspring. Do you ever listen to your verbal hopscotch you go through to rationalize contradictions in the bible?

You're only as smart as the conversations you choose to participate in.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

all things are his, surely... it's a work in progress.

faith is a gift, it is also rational and logical, it just depends on how it is approached I guess.

but if you have never been in a large circle pit at a heavy metal festival it is one thing you must try in your lifetime before all is said and done, add it to your list of to-do's

you might find Jesus there amongst the fellow men and women.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That sounds wise but is untrue. I can be exceedingly intelligent and still engage in low intelligence conversation without reducing my overall intelligence.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

You said God didn't give him and other unbelievers the ears to hear parables. Did God look into his future, see that no one was going to speak in tongues for him, and decide, 'oh well, he's a lost cause so he doesn't need these ears to hear after all. Let him be born without them'

Well, God is omniscient, so yes, He does know before hand who will believe and who will not. For that reason, God reveals Himself to those who have a welcoming heart, but not to those who want nothing to do with Him.

I dont see the flaw you see. Both predestination and free will are taught in the Bible, they are two sides if the same coin. Maybe you just dont understand the hermenuetics.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, but you arent sane. You continue to hound Christians knowing full well that you wont change anyone's belief system. I simply came here to show that the bible is not ambiguous when taken as a whole. You came here to gind your anti-bible axe.

Same stuff, different day, yet you seek different results.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

God foresaw that the majority wouldn't find him through the bible, yet he wants everyone to be saved and went through with the plan anyways? Why would he go through with a plan that he knew would leave the overwhelming majority out of the loop? Why would he create a book that would lead the majority to the wrong interpretation and thus to hell if he wants everyone in heaven?

That's some Olympics grade mental gymnastics there. If God wanted everyone to be saved he would save everyone. Are you implying that God does not always get what he wants?
edit on 3/5/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

You said God didn't give him and other unbelievers the ears to hear parables. Did God look into his future, see that no one was going to speak in tongues for him, and decide, 'oh well, he's a lost cause so he doesn't need these ears to hear after all. Let him be born without them'

Well, God is omniscient, so yes, He does know before hand who will believe and who will not. For that reason, God reveals Himself to those who have a welcoming heart, but not to those who want nothing to do with Him.

I dont see the flaw you see. Both predestination and free will are taught in the Bible, they are two sides if the same coin. Maybe you just dont understand the hermenuetics.

We do agree that God reveals herself to those who have a welcoming heart. But she doesn't give up on those who want nothing to do with YOUR idea of her. She finds another idea of her, another symbolic form, which is more compatible with the psychological type of people you say are a lost cause.

The Bible spans a spectrum of approaches, because the human psyche spans a spectrum of psychological types. Just as a rainbow spans a spectrum of colors.

The color that seems right to you is not right for everyone.

God is bigger than you realize. He is also Goddess for those who can't approach the Divine through the form of a father-figure.

👣

edit on 792ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why dont you just ask God yourself? I know by now that no answer produced by me or any other Christian will satisfy you. If you really want to know, then ask the One who desires for your salvation. If not, then why ask questions to which you already know the answer?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So God does not always get what he wants then? If he wants everyone to be saved but the majority will go to hell then God does not get what he wants. Sounds like your god isn't as all-powerful as you think he is.

The fact is God saves everyone because he wants everyone to be saved, to say otherwise is to limit what God can and cannot do.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, if you are satisfied with your faith, then look no further.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Seede

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Could have fooled me...

one has to have courage and jump in... a heart like a lion!

don't worry, no one gets hurt, it's very rare... if you go down you are snatched right back up onto your feet.

it's a religious experience

edit on 5-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well, if you are satisfied with your faith, then look no further.

Is that what you're doing here on ATS? Looking further?

Aren't you offended by the notion of God as Goddess? The God who gives birth? Haven't you been conditioned to think of Goddess as a pagan whore, etc?

👣

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Could have fooled me...

Yes by Him all things are created. This is to show that nothing exists that does not exist through God. Were it not for the pattern He created, procreation could not occur. He sure would be a busy God keeping up with all of the creating going on today. I guess that negates the seventh day of rest thing. That is unless on the seventh day no procreation was allowed.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Im here on ats to share what I know, and to be corrected from time to time. You can check out my threads to see what I have shared.

The God that has revealed Himself to me is male in nature. We are the female...the bride.

Im not offended.
Are you seeking to offend me?
edit on 5-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The fact is God saves everyone because he wants everyone to be saved, to say otherwise is to limit what God can and cannot do.

If you really believe that we are all saved by default, then why do you show such animosity towards Christians? To seek the truth? I doubt that.

God is all powerful, and He desires for all to be saved, but He will not impose Himself upon your free will. My God respects your personal choice, but there are still consequences.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Im here on ats to share what I know, and to be corrected from time to time. You can check out my threads to see what I have shared.

The God that has revealed Himself to me is male in nature. We are the female...the bride.

Im not offended.
Are you seeking to offend me?

Not at all. I'm here to share what I know as well, and very often what I know offends orthodox thinkers of all flavors.

God is also female in nature. We are the children. We suckle at her breast. We are also the parents of God. God is a child, the Son of Man. We are also friends of God, lovers of God, and wrestling opponents of God.

God reveals herself to people in a manner that they can handle. Any manner, all manners. All religions. All psychological types. Including the psychological type that feels the need to possess the one true form of God, at the exclusion of all others. Yours.

God spans the spectrum of psychological types, of approaches to the Bible, of world religion and myth... just as Light spans the spectrum of the rainbow.

Which is the one true color of the rainbow? Your favorite color? Oh, how lucky for you. And how unfortunate for everyone else that your God is too small to span the spectrum he created.

👣

edit on 896Thursday000000America/ChicagoMar000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The bible says that the authorities are there to punish us if we do wrong. Why the eternal sentence after we die if we already served our time while here? Saving people has nothing to do with taking someone's free will away.

Because those who believe in lies do not come to truth unless the lies are pointed out, that's why I spend time calling the bible what it is.
edit on 3/5/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That sounds wise but is untrue. I can be exceedingly intelligent and still engage in low intelligence conversation without reducing my overall intelligence.

only those who claim intelligence are exceedingly uneducated...

ask Socrates

at any rate I believe the bible is both equivocal and unequivocal, there is a duality and triple intendres in play.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
attention thread...

that goes for Christians too

we need to practice that common decency we all preach.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bible says that the authorities are there to punish us if we do wrong. Why the eternal sentence after we die if we already served our time while here? Saving people has nothing to do with taking someone's free will away.

Because those who believe in lies do not come to truth unless the lies are pointed out, that's why I spend time calling the bible what it is.

the left-wing hippies have failed us! their humanist godless chaotic ideology!

step aside... make way for the Metal Head!

the majority of individuals need God...

who are these atheists to tell us any different?

We Are Individuals!

edit on 5-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join