It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contracting Measles and passing it to others after the vaccine. A new case of interest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19070374]purplemer[/post
Google says 2! Do you have a link to your over twenty claim?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I think there are over twenty types of meales. The vacinne protects against one type.

purp..

Wrong.
Have you just made that up?
There are several genotypes of measles however the vaccine protects against the serotype therefore the genotype doesn't matter too much.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

No i never made it up..

Scientists have identified 21 different strains of the measles virus.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Thank you for linking to the article that clearly explains the benefits of vaccination. You have done this thread a great favour. That was your intention right?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Perhaps you should further research the Hepatitis B virus. Most folks that come into casual contact with a Hep B carrier are either not effected at all or the exposure simply means that a normal healthy body will begin to create anti-bodies which then provides the greatest protection of all. Only 5 to 10% of folks that contract Hep B need medical intervention.

Purplemer is correct in that there are many strains of the measles virus. Again a healthy body knows exactly what to do when exposed. Build a life long immunity.

Hysterics are not the best approach when dealing with folks that can read and reason.

Flame away....it's amusing.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Thank you for linking to the article that clearly explains the benefits of vaccination. You have done this thread a great favour. That was your intention right?

Did not have an intention apart from sharing the information i knew.

purp..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
And what about those who don't have a 'Healthy Body' should they just be left to take their chances?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Perhaps addressing the reasons for that persons unhealthy body would be the way to go. I see no reason why I or anyone who does not vaccinate should be held responsible for the health of someone I or they do not know.

Again, I suggest researching the subject further and you may discover that vaccination does not mean immunity. If you read the link I left on the first page of this thread you will discover that the vaccinated are all to often contagious and certainly not protected. Vaccinations are a false and dangerous sense of security.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Every persons body reacts differently to vaccines...

No matter what they say, people are told the baseline... Even if each body reacts differently.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Reasons would include being elderly, being too young, a whole host conditions resulting in a compromised immune system. We are not talking people who don't eat enough wholemeal bread here.
Vaccinations are not perfect, they can cause complications and are not 100% effective. However and this is the important part they are far far better than the alternative. I would suggest a little research yourself into the effects of diseases such as measles and polio prior to vaccinations.
Unless you plan to spend your entire life in a bubble then you do have a responsibility for the health of others.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I have done the research, and made the educated decision to stay away from vaccines. My children and grand children have life long immunities with out being vaccinated. We will never be contagious.

The perk for us on not vaccinating is that we have no health issues at all. I had five babies and only one had a minor ear infection. We have no learning disabilities, allergies, asthma, not one chronic dis-order in a family of 13 children and grandchildren. Not vaccinating worked best for us.

Did you check out the link that I left on the first page?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How did they get these life long immunities? If it was having caught the disease then obviously there was a point when they were contagious?
It is great that your children/grandchildren are healthy but why link that to not being vaccinated?
You mean the link to the abstract from the nejm? Not a subscriber so cant read the full article but what do you think that article proves?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The conclusion for the findings on the Corpus Christi out break are near the end of the abstract.

I link the heavy metals and bad science of vaccines to the chronic childhood disorders that plague our country right now.

Of course myself and family are contagious when we are infected with any illness, that's why we take care to stay home and tend our illnesses. The vaccinated are a greater threat in that they have no idea that they are carrying a live virus around out there with them. Like I said.....false sense of security.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Measles is contagious prior to symptoms developing, as are many other viruses. By the time you opt to stay at home it is already possible you have spread it.
I know the conclusion are at the end I am just not sure why you think that supports your argument. No one is claiming the vaccination is 100% effective.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Corpus Christi out break shows that the MMR is not providing the herd immunity that is promised by the CDC and every prescription drug profiteer, hysterical doctor, and ill informed citizen.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No it doesn't. It shows that not all the kids developed immunity exactly as predicted and that measles virus got into the school and affected those kids. Herd immunity does not mean everyone is protected if enough people in a small group are vaccinated.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Herd immunity is based on the idea that if 95% of a population is vaccinated that the whole herd would be protected. The fact that the Corpus Christi school had been vaccinated at a 97% rate proves the idea to be wrong, in that case at least.

The fact that vaccinated children not only caught the measles but spread it along to others is a glaring flaw in the argument of herd immunity.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It really doesn't. I assume the school was not on some secluded island with no outside contact? Also schools are not representative of society. As i stated above you cant apply the concept of heard immunity to a single school.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Witness2008 As i stated above you cant apply the concept of heard immunity to a single school.

Let alone conclude "therefore, don't vaccinate". The anti-vaxxers really have to bend over backwards to make their logic fit.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
It really doesn't. I assume the school was not on some secluded island with no outside contact? Also schools are not representative of society. As i stated above you cant apply the concept of heard immunity to a single school.

When it comes to mandatory vaccinations in schools, (all states require them) those schools are indeed representative of the communities where they are located. The vaccinations are almost all given for the prevention of childhood illnesses. Schools are the only places in our society that mandate vaccinations.

The absurd concept of herd immunity escapes you too I see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join