It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim sues employer in US for giving him exactly what he asked for

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Argyll
As he such is a devout Muslim did this chancer not think to mention at his interview that he couldn't handle said products?.......like before he got the job on false pretences?

His job also meant he had to treat women as his equal.... something devout muslims cannot do.

This is a Lie ! I am a devout Muslim and i treat all woman to my Equal .

please don't confuse cultural issues with Islam .

to be clear if a woman crosses my path that is to revealing ,out of respect for my self and her i lower my gaze .

Of course you lower your gaze - cannot allow your many wives to see you checking out the competition!

That was a joke - but since you brought it up.. in Your opinion.. whats the difference between a devout Muslim and an extremist Muslim?

a "devout Muslim " as you put it (one who sticks the the Quran and sunna ) does not subscribe to Extremist Ideology . Does the West burrow baptist church represent Christianity ? Nay ... therefor Extremism does not represent Islam .

Thanks for the answer.

Er.. does not the Quran say it is permissible to lie to non Muslims to further the cause of jihad? ( i know it does, i can site the verses so don't bother denying it)

So academically, it behooves any non Muslim to ever believe a word of a Muslim for their own protection - does it not? In other words knowing even a devout Muslim can carry on the wishes of the passage writer to lie ( because it IS in the book you study) it is in the best interest never to believe a word any Muslim says - That's how it reads to us -

How do you justify that - that sounds to me like the devout and the extreme is one and the same - see where I'm going with this? You need to make a Clear distinction between Devout and Extreme Muslims and so far all you've said is you follow the book, well so do the extremists, so where do you as only a devout and not an extremist draw the line?

to answer your question about lying . ill use a quote

Praise be to Allaah.
Lying is a reprehensible and blameworthy characteristic and is not appropriate whether in earnest or in jest. There is no concession allowing it except in cases of necessity in order to achieve some definite shar‘i interest that cannot be attained by telling the truth, or to ward off serious harm that cannot be warded off by telling the truth. If it is possible to avoid lying and to tell the truth in order to obtain interests or ward off harm, then there is no concession that allows lying.

Ahmad (17) narrated that Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: O people, beware of lying, for lying is contrary to faith.

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. See ad-Da‘eefah, 5/414

It is narrated in a saheeh report from Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: The Muslim could develop all sorts of characteristics except treachery and lying.

islamqa.info...

Now your asking about the differences between an extremist and the one who follows the Quran and sunna (or devout as you put it ). Extremist have well Ideology's about things . they bypass the fact's and truths to form an innovation about a certain scripture for what ever political advancement they have.

Example : Suicide bombings , Most extremist use a story of a battle that took place where a Muslim had no choice but to run head first into an attacking enemy and martyr him self ,to justify suicide. when clearly it's forbidden to kill your self and harm innocent .

over the century's innovation about scripture has infected Islam thus causing divide.

the same thing has happened in Christianity.

how many differing branches of Christianity are their ? why because of innovation and ideology .
edit on 3/2/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So he applied for a job he knew at the outset was going to be unclean for him to do?

And then when the inevitable happened, he asked for accommodation and they gave it to him with a reasonable alternate task.

And when that wasn't good enough for him ... he got angry with them and demanded to be assigned as he desired and can't understand why he was fired?

I don't care who you are or why you do it, you can only demand so much from your employer before you're going to be shown the door.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Damn, a job at costco!?

That is a good door to get your foot in.
Not being sarcastic at all, many would love that job.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Thanks again But, Not clear enough. It seems when you speak of innovation and ideology you speak if different interpretations of the Quran - just like all the people you sited above who were only talking about their interpretation of the book - you didn't tell me one time what YOU actually thought of the question i asked. To me thats double speak.

You did give an opinion but it's really hard to trust it when the Quran itself says it's o.k. to lie to non Muslims But you agree with those interpretations you cited above of the quran which do Not line up to what the Quran actually says - they are pulling the wool over our eyes by deceit it seems and you are going right along with it. That is Not an honest answer to my question. Interpretations of religious books are funny, they change with everyone you ask. You seemed to cheery pick the interpretations that seem to agree with your personal standpoint, and again, yet - I've read the passages compared to your experts and know they are contradictory.

And yes, there are many branches of Christianity but none of them do what devout muslims do - I have studied Muslin conquest history - you cannot deny the facts - they are knows for going into a country and becoming part of that culture then from within slowly tearing that country apart so Muslims can take over. This is the way you are taught to do it for Allah in the book. this is the way you have donbt it for hundreds of years. can you deny? Nope. So i'm not still seeing any difference between devout Muslims and extremists Muslims.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You are correct.

At Costco, hourly workers make an average of more than $20 an hour — well above the national average of $11.39 for a retail sales worker — according to a 2013 Businessweek story. For employees who put in 40 hours per week, that works out to about $43,000 a year. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sounds frivolous. He knew before taking the job that Costco sold pork and alcohol he made a decision to take a position where this would be an issue. I'm actually quite surprised that the store tried to accommodate him at all.

My opinion in this case is the same as it was regarding the Tampa woman who was suing the Tampa Family Health Centers for religious discrimination because she admitted to HR that she would not be able to prescribe contraceptives because it violated her (Christian) beliefs and she wasn't hired: clearly not discrimination.

This kid is hurting the cause of people who are actually being discriminated against.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, if he's a cashier at Costco, he's not actually TOUCHING pork or alcohol, as it is WRAPPED UP.

If he wants to work in the electronics section, then he should apply for any openings there. If there are no openings, too bad.

Now, what's the betting after getting a few carts back from the parking lot he's going to ask for his old job as cashier back, and touching the pork and alcohol will no longer be a problem.

Trouble is by now, Costco has probably hired someone else as cashier and the job is no longer vacant.

I'm sick and tired of people like this getting their way, and us bending the rules to accommodate them.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Your STUPID. I HATE you. I wish you would DIE. Or at least get the HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY.

Why because he is acting like an American? Isn't that what Americans do now piss and moan and if we don't get our way sue them?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Not taking a side here but some food for thought...

The only legitimate interpretation of the Qur’an (for the devout) is based completely on the Arabic by someone trained to do so. Anything else by a non-Muslim reading/citing an English translation carries little weight.

The instances where interpretation permits lying are not minor nor boilerplate. It took me a long time to get my head around this while immersed in a Muslim culture. Sometimes it's just people lying no matter what any book says.

With any faith, the teachings of that faith only go so far. At some point the nature of the individual takes over no matter how devout they try to be.

This dude at Costco is just lazy.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

they are knows for going into a country and becoming part of that culture then from within slowly tearing that country apart so Muslims can take over.

"becoming part of that culture "?
I'm sorry Muslims don't "become" part of any culture they live amongst. The Muslim in the op article is proof of that.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They never told him why he was reassigned?? Really? Seriously?

Soooo.... Did he just expect them to let him turn customers away from his register if they were buying pork and/or beer?

Did he expect them to quit selling these products because it offended his sensibilities?

Did he expect for them to let him stand at the register and not ring anything up but what he chose/considered acceptable?

I think he likely expected them to deny his request so that he could sue and never have to worry about working again all the while bemoaning how everyone hates Muslims... If I were a betting gal...

I guess they should have just taken someone else from their job (that they didn't complain about) and give it to him because he deserves it more.

People...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It's your right right to complain, as it's our right to speak our minds whether it offends you or not. I don't just dislike Islam, I dislike most religions. I don't only point out the absurdities of Islam; they are no less or more special than other harmful belief systems. It seems that it is atheists more than Christians that have a problem with Islamic tenets, so if they are getting more flack it is not from any bias, there is some reasoning behind it. The idea that Islamic 'prejudice' is not a direct result of the teachings of the Quran's discord with progressive society also seems dishonest to me.

In my opinion this politically correct 'social justice warrior' mentality is really just a front for unhappy people who just want to be upset, to judge, and vent their general discontent. So they go out looking for any and all opportunities to do it.

Shutting down a conversation just by hurling the race/xenophobe card is a bit cowardly if you ask me. It's like someone pushing the chess board off the table just because they don't like the inevitable outcome of the game.

Can you imagine if an American emigrated to Saudi Arabia and complained in the same fashion? They publicly behead people in the streets twice a week for offenses like blasphemy, 'sorcery', and apostasy.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Frankly, the guy is an idiot. He knew the job description and then moans about it after he accepted the job. That's like applying for a job in a brothel and then complaining of seeing too much skin.

On another note, the responses in this thread is quite typical.

Like I said. Only dumb and violent Muslims make the news. Not the average one, who's trying to make a living and provide for his/her family. That's exactly how they expect your little mind to think, Muslim=crazy ungrateful lunatic/ bloodthirsty killer

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey someplace i go is on ats! Thst Costco is a total animal house. Wait times at registers at sometimes 45 min. And it's always packed and always full of rude customers.

I wonder why he thought it was a human rights violation to get carts. I guess he thought the others who do are beneath him? That's stupid you gotta do grunt work before you do the easy stuff. That's amercia.

Too bad he didn't know this is a at will employment state. costco didn't do anything wrong. They respected his religion moved him then he was a dick so he got fired.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanks again But, Not clear enough. It seems when you speak of innovation and ideology you speak if different interpretations of the Quran - just like all the people you sited above who were only talking about their interpretation of the book - you didn't tell me one time what YOU actually thought of the question i asked. To me thats double speak.

You did give an opinion but it's really hard to trust it when the Quran itself says it's o.k. to lie to non Muslims But you agree with those interpretations you cited above of the quran which do Not line up to what the Quran actually says - they are pulling the wool over our eyes by deceit it seems and you are going right along with it. That is Not an honest answer to my question. Interpretations of religious books are funny, they change with everyone you ask. You seemed to cheery pick the interpretations that seem to agree with your personal standpoint, and again, yet - I've read the passages compared to your experts and know they are contradictory.

And yes, there are many branches of Christianity but none of them do what devout muslims do - I have studied Muslin conquest history - you cannot deny the facts - they are knows for going into a country and becoming part of that culture then from within slowly tearing that country apart so Muslims can take over. This is the way you are taught to do it for Allah in the book. this is the way you have donbt it for hundreds of years. can you deny? Nope. So i'm not still seeing any difference between devout Muslims and extremists Muslims.

with all due respect you have no idea what you are talking about , I have posted quotes from some of the most Respected Scholars of our time . Lying is Wrong period both to Muslim and non Muslim . Unless its done in an act that is needed to safe a life or prevent some extreme measure. Now regrading Interpretation of scripture and innovation, i am not Referring to the quran its self being taken out of context (altho it does happen ) , but rather i am speaking about "Hadith" that of witch is needed to understand suras and ayat in the quran . this is where tings get innovated , the Quran is the word of god Hadith is the word of Muhammad . understand on those times people loved Muhammad so much that Hadith was often made up . in our times we class them as weak and strong hadith . a hadith is only strong if it can be traced back to Muhammad . but often times extremist follow weak hadiths . and use them for interpretation or innovation . for example their is a Hadith that talks about the prophet (pbuh) moving his thumb and the moon moving with it ! Obviously this is a weak hadith ! and its not real ! but other sects like Sufiism follow these these types of Hadith...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

It's your right right to complain, as it's our right to speak our minds whether it offends you or not. I don't just dislike Islam, I dislike most religions. I don't only point out the absurdities of Islam; they are no less or more special than other harmful belief systems. It seems that it is atheists more than Christians that have a problem with Islamic tenets, so if they are getting more flack it is not from any bias, there is some reasoning behind it. The idea that Islamic 'prejudice' is not a direct result of the teachings of the Quran's discord with progressive society also seems dishonest to me.

In my opinion this politically correct 'social justice warrior' mentality is really just a front for unhappy people who just want to be upset, to judge, and vent their general discontent. So they go out looking for any and all opportunities to do it.

Shutting down a conversation just by hurling the race/xenophobe card is a bit cowardly if you ask me. It's like someone pushing the chess board off the table just because they don't like the inevitable outcome of the game.

Can you imagine if an American emigrated to Saudi Arabia and complained in the same fashion? They publicly behead people in the streets twice a week for offenses like blasphemy, 'sorcery', and apostasy.

just as everyone has the right to live the way they want to live and practice the religion they want to practice.
i was point out that Muslim hatred is all over ats now and it has been for a while now . Due to the lack of understanding of the Religion .

why do people have to conform to a certain way of life ? must ever live in a progressive society ?

ETA : about your little vice link their , amnesty put out a bunk story about that and they have since deleted their page . just saying
edit on 2-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sounds like a lazy jerk who has a false sense of entitlement. He's using his religion as an excuse to try to skip over the entry level position to get a better position at the company that just hired him. Sucky sucky person.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Haha wow 95% of people on here seem to base all their Muslim "knowledge" on what they see on news outlets. Bad Muslims make for tv ratings folks. If u based all white People on the kardashians no one would like them either.

I'm Christian by the way and my wife is Muslim. I'm white and Hispanic. She's jordanian/Filipino. I know at least 50 Muslims who in no way believe in the majority of what these extremists believe. Pork seems to be the only main thing. Other than that they drink occasionally, and have every day normal lives such as ourselves. I do tell them if they tried bacon they'd love it though lol

edit on 2-3-2015 by Baltazar84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sound like an average impudent snot with some kind of superiority complex.

Who died and left him king anyway?

Isn't the common complaint around here that no one has any principles anymore, and can't adhere to the morals in their faith? Here's an example of a person who did just that.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Curious to see what the court decides on this.

Would like to hear his defense also.

Not sure what state this happened in, if it's an at will state it won't even reach the courtroom. Anyways, good for the guy for standing up for his principals. The company even obliged and moved him to another job. Everything seems fine up to that point.

Then he gets fired a week later for being insubordinate. That's unfortunately vague enough that there's no way to say if its a trumped up reason, or if the guy was an ass and they had to get rid of him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join