It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim sues employer in US for giving him exactly what he asked for

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Curious to see what the court decides on this.

Would like to hear his defense also.

Ya know, this cant be anything but a court farce.. I am shocked they even allowed this guy to file this since it obviously states in the Costco employee orientation (before the hiring) explained that the potential employee must be able to preform the tasks he is assigned and as cashier he HAD TO KNOW BEFORE HAND he was going to have to handle pork and alcohol.

This is just a case of some nutjob thinking he can put one over on the system in this manner - cus he really is that stupid. The courts should just throw out his case.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

hmmmm i dono

maybe this quote with the most stars

the more they breed, the worse the worlds infection gets.

implying "they" are Muslims .

After All this Thread is about "a Muslim " and not "some idiot chancers " as you put it .

Nothing positive in this thread at all . its Pure garbage ! Trash that should not even be on ATS .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Argyll
As he such is a devout Muslim did this chancer not think to mention at his interview that he couldn't handle said products?.......like before he got the job on false pretences?

His job also meant he had to treat women as his equal.... something devout muslims cannot do.

This is a Lie ! I am a devout Muslim and i treat all woman to my Equal .

please don't confuse cultural issues with Islam .

to be clear if a woman crosses my path that is to revealing ,out of respect for my self and her i lower my gaze .

edit on 1-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As he such is a devout Muslim did this chancer not think to mention at his interview that he couldn't handle said products?.......like before he got the job on false pretences?

His job also meant he had to treat women as his equal.... something devout muslims cannot do.

My next business I'll only hire devote Muslim men - the job description; taking orders from a woman - thinks like shining her shoes, washing her car, licking her boots, wiping her butt - oh, and recommending her as a replacement for Muslim men who don't work hard enough. yeah, i'd like to see that.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

to be clear if a woman crosses my path that is to revealing ,out of respect for my self and her i lower my gaze .

Of course you lower your gaze - cannot allow your many wives to see you checking out the competition!

That was a joke - but since you brought it up.. in Your opinion.. whats the difference between a devout Muslim and an extremist Muslim?
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

hmmmm i dono

After All this Thread is about "a Muslim " and not "some idiot chancers " as you put it .

Nothing positive in this thread at all . its Pure garbage ! Trash that should not even be on ATS .

No it's about an idiot chancer!....I don't care a fig what his religion is.......as it happens this "idiot chancer" happens to be a Muslim, that is a fact.

Exactly what "positives" were you looking for in a thread about a Muslim guy that is trying to make a fast buck out of suing his employers on the grounds of twisting his religious beliefs?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
As there seems to be a lot of hate speech here let me preface my reply by saying Not All Muslims are this extreme or this stupid.

So I'll refine my remarks only to those stupid Muslims who are extremists and or are this stupid (you know who you are)

Your STUPID. I HATE you. I wish you would DIE. Or at least get the HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY.

I love this reply!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Another Muslim hating thread ! seems to be the thing around ATS these days !

Well they do give a whole lot of reasons to be hated. If you get a job as a cashier, with a company that sells products that you don't want to handle, they should not have to be subjected to your beliefs. If I was his boss believe me he wouldn't be transferred, he'd be fired. This is equal parts personal ignorance and religious ignorance. By the way, I love pork and alcohol.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

As you have stated that you are a Muslim......what is your take on this story?.....do you think he is right to sue?

Do you think he should have stated at his initial interview with Costco that he couldn't handle pork or alcohol?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Of course you lower your gaze - cannot allow your many wives to see you checking out the competition!

That was a joke - but since you brought it up.. in Your opinion.. whats the difference between a devout Muslim and an extremist Muslim?

a "devout Muslim " as you put it (one who sticks the the Quran and sunna ) does not subscribe to Extremist Ideology . Does the West burrow baptist church represent Christianity ? Nay ... therefor Extremism does not represent Islam .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

hmmmm i dono

No it's about an idiot chancer!....I don't care a fig what his religion is.......as it happens this "idiot chancer" happens to be a Muslim, that is a fact.

Exactly what "positives" were you looking for in a thread about a Muslim guy that is trying to make a fast buck out of suing his employers on the grounds of twisting his religious beliefs?

Right ...

I was not looking for "positives" in this thread the title assured me that there would be none.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Is it wrong for muslims to touch packaged pork or containers of liquor?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Another Muslim hating thread ! seems to be the thing around ATS these days !

Well they do give a whole lot of reasons to be hated. If you get a job as a cashier, with a company that sells products that you don't want to handle, they should not have to be subjected to your beliefs. If I was his boss believe me he wouldn't be transferred, he'd be fired. This is equal parts personal ignorance and religious ignorance. By the way, I love pork and alcohol.

Does this one "Muslim" represent all of Islam ?

Nay , So why do you say "they" as if we are all one collective that subscribe to the same Ideology's?

not sure why you feel the need to share with me your love for pork and Alcohol ?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I was not looking for "positives" in this thread the title assured me that there would be none.

Ok....well what is your opinion of this Muslim guy that is trying to sue Costco on the basis that they want him to do the job that he was hired to do?.........bearing in mind he doesn't want to do the job he was hired to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Nay , So why do you say "they" as if we are all one collective that subscribe to the same Ideology's?

I agree.....as I said earlier, this particular Muslim would appear to be a "chancer"........would you agree?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

As you have stated that you are a Muslim......what is your take on this story?.....do you think he is right to sue?

Do you think he should have stated at his initial interview with Costco that he couldn't handle pork or alcohol?

Thank you for Question .

A Muslim is recommended not to handle pork, which is haram (Arabic for: prohibited according to Islamic teachings) for consumption. So, a Muslim is better advised to avoid handling pork on condition that this will not result in causing him or her much damage such as losing his or her job.

In his response to your question, Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Shah, member of the Executive Committee of the Fiqh Council of North America and the Religious Director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee, stated,

Pork is prohibited for consumption. The Qur'an says, [Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine] (Al-Ma'idah 5:3).

So, the absolute prohibition is for consumption and not handling the finished products that may have some elements of pork in them, but as a precautionary measure, a Muslim is advised not to handle such products if he or she has got the choice and not much damage is caused because of that, such as loss of a job.

As the fiqh rule of protecting oneself from things that lead to haram, one is recommended to shun all avenues leading to a haram act. Therefore, a Muslim should avoid handling pork as it is haram.

I feel the guy is in the wrong ! and he should have stated his position during the interview . I feel like he is trying to gain from this .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I agree.....as I said earlier, this particular Muslim would appear to be a "chancer"........would you agree?

i agree

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a "devout Muslim " as you put it (one who sticks the the Quran and sunna ) does not subscribe to Extremist Ideology . Does the West burrow baptist church represent Christianity ? Nay ... therefor Extremism does not represent Islam .

Thanks for the answer.

Er.. does not the Quran say it is permissible to lie to non Muslims to further the cause of jihad? ( i know it does, i can site the verses so don't bother denying it)

So academically, it behooves any non Muslim to ever believe a word of a Muslim for their own protection - does it not? In other words knowing even a devout Muslim can carry on the wishes of the passage writer to lie ( because it IS in the book you study) it is in the best interest never to believe a word any Muslim says - That's how it reads to us -

How do you justify that - that sounds to me like the devout and the extreme is one and the same - see where I'm going with this? You need to make a Clear distinction between Devout and Extreme Muslims and so far all you've said is you follow the book, well so do the extremists, so where do you as only a devout and not an extremist draw the line?
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Is it wrong for muslims to touch packaged pork or containers of liquor?

it is considered "wrong" for Muslims to partake in drinking and eating of pork .

however their is differing opinion as to weather or not its ok to handle pork and liquor .

some Scholars say its ok and others say it's not and that it could lead to the possible consumption ,

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And these religious nut jobs wonder why people hate them. Maybe he should suck it up and be a man.
edit on 1-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join