It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
8 pages in... do we know what this was?

Airstrike. what else?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"Blast Waves":

Some general characteristics of this equation are that the pressure falls off initially as 1/R^3 or volumetrically. This corresponds to the early radiative growth period of the expanding blast wave when the pressure is essentially uniform throughout the interior of the shock. The rate of decay then transitions to 1/R^2 form as the shock separates from the fireball and decays as a surface phenomenon, The last term is the asynptotic form and covers the transition from shock to strong sound wave.

Without knowing the detonation velocity of the explosive, and the distance/time of the measured shock wave, you have little to go on. If the blast was supersonic you could argue that the cameraman was approximately 8-10 miles from ground zero. If you can estimate the force of the shock wave at that range you can get a rough calculation peak overpressure, which would in turn give you a rough estimate of tonnage.

The integrated area under the pressure verse time function is known as the impulse:
I = ∫P(t)dt
I = impulse (psi-ms or Mpa-ms)
P = Pressure (psi or MPa)
T = time (ms)

Overpressure is determined using "Weibull's formula":
Delta p = 2410 (m \over V)^[0.72]
where:
2410 is a constant based on 1 bar (100 kPa; 15 psi)
m = net explosive mass calculated using all explosive materials and their relative effectiveness
V = volume of given area (primarily used to determine volume within an enclosed space)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Theory...

I was talking in the other thread about there being possible Western mercenaries trapped in the Debaltsevo pocket.

You can hear when asked about it, the spokesman of DPR talking about them intercepting 4 foreign languages which are probably from mercenaries (at 7:40 min):

There could well have been a screw up, read Semen Semenchenko...

Fighting continues around Logvinovo on the Debaltsevo-Artemovsk road. The enemy managed to bring up reserves. Both sides have lost armored vehicles. Our artillery is working well. The staff scum, who slept through the enemy incursion into Logvinovo [original says Loskutovka, but Semenchenko later clarifies he meant Logvinovo] and who started to react only after lunch, ought to be shot.

Source

If you listen to the spokesman of DPR they will do everything to get them out (as has happened before at Luhansk Airport).

So it might have been a NATO warning missile to try and scare the Separatists not to attack the Debaltsevo pocket, which they went ahead with anyway.

It would be bad publicity for the West if they capture them, and it would explain why the West is so desperately trying to stop it the last days all of a sudden.

While I was typing this, I already talked about this in the other thread and checked it out, victor7 confirmed it by the Twitter of Motorola.

Motorola says that in #Debaltsevo cauldron less than 50% are actually Ukrainians.

Source

This is big news, there are 5.000/9.000 troops in that pocket !

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Imagine what that means if this is actual true...

That`s the place from where there have been shelling going on at the cities.

This would be one of the biggest political publicity disasters of all time, it would mean "foreign" troops have been participating in war crimes.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Polish scums are there for sure. Lots of Croatians also. They will not surrender as many of them might be standard military special forces.

Guess artillery guys of NAF won't feel too bad frying up some Polish sausage meat for the roaming street dogs in Debaltsevo. Also read somewhere that lots of old Soviet machines are being sent from Poland to Ukrops. Anything that can drive and fire something out.

Putin should get NAF some used Mig-21s and Mig-23s and these can intercept this equipment and both artillery and air bombing can do some decent target practice.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

There should be war reporters now with NAF, and plenty of them.

You can`t imagine if this gets spread over the internet on how big the impact will be once the World sees that.

They don`t have enough shills on the internet to hide that.

They seem to be fighting on, good, no stopping now...Kiev is desperately busy.

Kiev working on document on implementation of Minsk agreements

We are committed to reach a result. We are working day and night," a deputy head of the Ukrainian president’s administration said.

Source

That explains this report also...

What is the Debaltsevo cauldron hiding ?

What's inside in the Debaltsevo cauldron? Why did the leaders of Europe rush to Russia?

Admittedly, when "the mousetrap" began to shut, everyone began to shout about the need... the need of what? Oh, about the need to follow the Minsk agreements..

The "Debaltsevo cauldron" was intended as a "Debaltsevo springboard" to start a victorious attack on DPR and LPR. In this regard, huge quantities of weapons, ammunition and food was brought to this area. This was confirmed by the militia after the capture of Uglegorsk. They got arsenals overflowing with weapons and warehouses with American food.

To foolishly lose such volume of weapons and "illegal American aid" for tens and hundreds of millions of dollars, and then to beg for the "ultimate weapon to defeat Putin" - this is the height of idiocy and helplessness of senior command.

Source

But it now seems not to be only supplies.
edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Among other uglies the Kiev Junta is surely hiding the "mass graves" of the Ukrops killed in 1000s. One place mentioned 1100 were killed in January alone.

I doubt much is going to come out of Minsk on wednesday. NAF just needs to keep the boiler closed and in two weeks when food and ammo runs out, the Junta will finally let the trapped units surrender.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

They are probably now flying in special forces, they don`t have the time to wait or else they might miss their change.

NATO planes land in Kharkov every night

Kharkov Anti-Maidan Facebook page reports:

"At 02:06 AM a NATO Hercules plane landed at the Kharkov airport. According to eyewitnesses, they land at the Kharkov airport every night since February 5th."

Source

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is not the first time there has been accusation of tactical nukes being used in the Ukraine.

This story is from September 2014:
englishrussia.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It is, indeed, a small tactical nuke. The question is, who set it off? Where did it come from? I don't think Ukraine owns any, but I am not Ukraine. I know Russia does, though.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
8 pages in... do we know what this was?
Airstrike. what else?

It's a good question.

- The rebels say in Russian media it was a Tochka missile that struck a chemical factory. News video clearly states not a nuke as guys walk all up and down the crater.

The low-light video showed a few smaller explosions just prior to the main large explosion. Looked like a rocket artillery strike, Smersh possibly. Could have been a bunch of Tochka's fired at the same time.

The aftermath video showed a crater about 30 feet deep, narrow and elongated in one direction. Looked artillery style to me. No indication a chemical factory was anywhere near the crater, just trees really.

However the explosion looked bigger than what a Tochka can deliver, 500kg max. That seems to be the biggest missile the Ukrainians have currently active. They did have old Scud-B's but they were supposed to be dismantled.

Ultimately I still can't say what the explosion was. I thought a Smersh artillery strike lit up a chemical plant that supplied gun powder/explosives to the rebels. The aftermath video doesn't show anything left at the scene, not even a few mangled bricks or bent plumbing or anything. Without a chemical plant to cause the explosion I don't know if Ukraine has a missile big enough to deliver that kind of explosive power.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
ISIS (Which is what I think you were referring to) is a military group, not an entire race. Big difference.

That being said, I sincerely hope the talks go well, and peace can be forged. I don't want all out war between the West and Russia. Too many more senseless deaths would occur.
edit on Tue Feb 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Your rhetoric has been becoming increasingly vitriolic over the past few weeks. Why is that? Also, do you advocate killing the Polish? I notice you refer to them as "scum". Are all polish scum to you? I see your hate extends beyond Kiev.

Polish foreign policy on Ukraine currently sure is SCUM and those who cross the borders to fight against NAF are worst than SCUM. Does that mean all Polish are like that? Absolutely not!

Today Egypt joined the Eurasian Union with Russia. This means in the war scenario, US won't have the siding of the strongest Arab military middle east. Egyptians are clever people it seems.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

When people starting to attack America its foreign policy, I have seen a lot of Americans become emotionally about it because they see it as an attack on America.

And yet you`re surprised that it also happens with people who see this as an attack on Russia and ethnic Russians, but the actual difference is, in Eastern Ukraine there are people dying. You can compare it with 9/11 and the emotional reaction which brought that about, or with the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

So a little emotional understanding on your side towards him would suite you.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

When people starting to attack America its foreign policy, I have seen a lot of Americans become emotionally about it because they see it as an attack on America.

And yet you`re surprised that it also happens with people who see this as an attack on Russia and ethnic Russians, but the actual difference is, in Eastern Ukraine there are people dying. You can compare it with 9/11 and the emotional reaction which brought that about, or with the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

So a little emotional understanding on your side towards him would suite you.
America didn't send American troops into Canada under the pretext of "protecting ethnic Americans". You can't invade a country and then get emotionally bent out of shape when your invading force starts taking losses.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, they started to send them to Afghanistan and Iraq to "protect" America.

And I wasn`t talking about forces being killed, there are lots of civilians being killed too.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Polish scums are there for sure. Lots of Croatians also. They will not surrender as many of them might be standard military special forces.

Guess artillery guys of NAF won't feel too bad frying up some Polish sausage meat for the roaming street dogs in Debaltsevo. Also read somewhere that lots of old Soviet machines are being sent from Poland to Ukrops. Anything that can drive and fire something out.

Putin should get NAF some used Mig-21s and Mig-23s and these can intercept this equipment and both artillery and air bombing can do some decent target practice.

This post is disturbing on so many levels, and even more disturbing it got so many stars.

This is equal to Americans saying nuke the middle east, turn it to glass.

Nothing is as black and white as you perceive. You are just soaking up your form of propaganda like it is intended.
To cause vitriol and hate so when the war expands there will be plenty of hate driven citizens to fill the ranks on BOTH sides.
You are being played.
Their mind control is powerful.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No, they started to send them to Afghanistan and Iraq to "protect" America.

And I wasn`t talking about forces being killed, there are lots of civilians being killed too.
When the "patriots" in Eastern Ukraine are using civilians as defacto body shields by hiding in their residential neighborhoods, they do not get to claim the moral high ground when there are civilian casualties.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join