It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Reminds me of this:

Very hot, low density gases created near the ground create Rayleigh-Taylor instabilities, which cause mushroom clouds to form. It's not an attribute that's specific to nuclear weaponry. Any exothermic explosion can form one.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yeah I've seen many explosions that form shroom clouds.

I linked the video due to the explosions being similar (not saying it was nuclear as the title says, just adding that incase people think I assume it's a nuke).

Though who knows what a small mini nuke would look like...here are what actual nukes look like (for those wanting to know the difference between large explosions and nukes).

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As absolutely nobody in this thread has ever seen a tactical nuclear explosion I think all opinions have to be tempered by the lack of knowledge we all have.
The almost complete silence of the MSM on this story is quite deafening isn't it? After all, if a tactical nuclear device were to be used then that simply changes the game completely. Can you imagine what would happen to the stock market with such news? Let's not startle the sheeple ring any bells?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 2/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It was reported through Russian media that this was an chemical factory/warehouse. Which is much more believable given how quick the blast is and how it did not appear to disrupt surrounding electronics (including the very cameras that filmed it).

...though it's very worrisome that the Ukrainian military may use nukes against Donetsk out of desperation. And they might stupid enough to be wiling to repopulate a nuclear-devastated area with "100% Pure Ukrainian" retards.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion
It was reported through Russian media that this was an chemical factory/warehouse. Which is much more believable given how quick the blast is and how it did not appear to disrupt surrounding electronics (including the very cameras that filmed it).

...though it's very worrisome that the Ukrainian military may use nukes against Donetsk out of desperation. And they might stupid enough to be wiling to repopulate a nuclear-devastated area with "100% Pure Ukrainian" retards.
I thought Ukraine gave all it's nuke back to Russia before they were allowed independence?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Ukraine doesn't have any nukes. They gave them up. Not to mention the only party who has threatened the use of nukes in this whole conflict is Russia.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For those who think this is a nuke should remember one thing...

Overview Last updated: September, 2014

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine inherited a sizeable nuclear weapons infrastructure. Its sudden possession of the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world left this newly independent country with a strategic decision on whether to return the weapons to Russia or become a nuclear weapon state itself. In the end, Ukraine, along with Kazakhstan and Belarus, decided to return their weapons and delivery systems to Russia and to join the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) as a non-nuclear weapon state.

Additionally, all three countries signed the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START I) and helped facilitate the transfer of all strategic and tactical nuclear warheads out of their territories, as well as the dismantlement and/or removal of all their associated launch systems and delivery vehicles.

www.nti.org...

So if it were a nuke it would have to have come from Russia, and to be honest Russia wouldn't do something that stupid.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I hope it wasn't a nuke.
On some of the video of real nukes what makes those white lines to the left and right?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know what exactly is going on in the Ukraine right now, but why would Ukrainian forces be blowing up major facilities in their own country?
edit on 9-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes
Isn't Donetsk controlled by rebels? I doubt artillery and rockets are particularly accurate.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grayghost
I hope it wasn't a nuke.
On some of the video of real nukes what makes those white lines to the left and right?

The white lines are smoke trails used so that the scientists could measure the shockwave.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Some were saying nuclear but there wasn't any EMP so I thought it had to be thernobaric to be so hot.
I am a scout I put information together based on stuff I get from Facebook and my own choices of web sites and that is what I report.
It's validity is up to the rest I just came up with that.
30 Kg system would be required.
I don't think Russia would be so foolish.
People who are from the area were talking as well.SEE how war will one day go away as long as we talk?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
... why would Ukrainian forces be blowing up major facilities in their own country?

I'd suggest Ukrainian patriots behind 'enemy lines' are providing intel on critical facilities, such as this chemical factory for explosives that got blown up. This is actually the third time this production has been blown up during the fighting in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Ukraine doesn't have any nukes. They gave them up. Not to mention the only party who has threatened the use of nukes in this whole conflict is Russia.

"Threatened"... What's this magic linguistic trick that makes you turn water into wine, or bread turn back into flour? I wanna know, please, that's amazing!

WARNINGS came from several Russian figures, not threats. The "threat" was according to Kiev's government (who we all here know as a serious, legit, impartial, 100% reliable source for information on Russia and Novorossya...
) Unless you believe Gorbachev -who's just an ordinary guy without political powers- made 2-3 nuclear public threats against the US, with his own imaginary army...

And yes, it's true that, as far as official infos are all real, Ukraine left its nuke arsenal a while back as per the Non-Proliferation Treaty. As correction, it's a possibility they may secretly have or soon obtain nukes, perhaps even from the US all in the open.

Also given the nuke fallout from nuclear bombing in Donetsk would go straight to Russia and not to Kiev...

edit on 9/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And yes, it's true that, as far as official infos are all real, Ukraine left its nuke arsenal a while back as per the Non-Proliferation Treaty... But they have just been asking Washington for nuclear arms ,

That link is NOT Ukraine asking for Nukes as you say, it is Ukraine asking for the promised support when Ukraine gave up Nukes in the Budapest Memorandum.
en.wikipedia.org...

I wouldn't doubt Ukraine begins a secret Nuke production plan given the way it is being treated by Russia.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

And yes, it's true that, as far as official infos are all real, Ukraine left its nuke arsenal a while back as per the Non-Proliferation Treaty... But they have just been asking Washington for nuclear arms ,

That link is NOT Ukraine asking for Nukes as you say, it is Ukraine asking for the promised support when Ukraine gave up Nukes in the Budapest Memorandum.
en.wikipedia.org...

I wouldn't doubt Ukraine begins a secret Nuke production plan given the way it is being treated by Russia.

I just corrected the part of my comment as I misread the article.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

All good!

I actually heard some rumors that Ukraine has uncovered some tactical nukes last summer. They were artillery shells allegedly from a hidden Soviet supply. Can't confirm it of course and nobody will admit to it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
That would make a big bang if it were both.

Chemical plant in Donetsk hit by Tochka-U missile — DPR defense ministry

MOSCOW, February 9. /TASS/. The powerful explosion in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk overnight to February 9 occurred when a Tochka-U missile hit a chemical plant, spokesman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said on Monday.

He said the missile had hit a chemical plant in Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky District.

Source

The improved Scarab B (Tochka-U) was passed state tests from 1986 to 1988, introduced in 1989. Improved propellant increased the range to 120 km (75 mi). CEP significantly improved, to less than 95 m (312 ft).

en.wikipedia.org...

CEP less than 95m means than 50% of missiles will land within 95m of the target.

just what kind of BS are they selling?
if they did manage to pull that off using tochka-u, i may as well try my luck on the lottery, the chances should be even bigger.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
en.wikipedia.org...
CEP less than 95m means than 50% of missiles will land within 95m of the target.
just what kind of BS are they selling?
if they did manage to pull that off using tochka-u, i may as well try my luck on the lottery, the chances should be even bigger.

It's true. That's why I still think it was a Smerch system. The low light video picks up a few explosions just prior to the main explosion. Just blanket the factory with artillery rockets and they'll get it eventually. Could be the Grad as well, but smaller explosions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join