It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

When you put it like that, it sounds like an episode of 'days of our lives', or something. Quite pathetic, really.

Will Angela's friends accept Vlad, and treat him with respect? Will Vlad lash out at Angela's ultimatum? And just who is Petro's real father?

Find all of that out, and more, on the next episode of 'As the World Leaders Turn'...
edit on 2/9/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: forgot to say who I was replying to.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What if tomorrow some unidentified terrorists sabotage chemical plant in: Moscow, Paris, New York, etc, with similar in power stolen missiles Grad and make the same almost nuclear explosion known only from the movies of James Bond? Will it be called with those same labels again?

Grad cannot do that alone knowing how low probability to strike those outdated missiles have. On the other hand, a chemical plant does not explode at once, it rather burns sometime before the big explosion. It is not a dump yard with readied explosive piles to be hit. It is rather a protected facility against such occurrence. The probability a single Grad or even Tochka (conventional) to hit exact place of explosive material, to go thru roof, walls or whatever protection there is, to reach the exact depot with enough quantity and quality to make such a firework, in the conditions of the primitive battlefields of East Ukraine is equal to ZERO. Tochka may try to do it, but still quite uncertain to be successful at the first shot. Tochka already hit the same chemical plant and didn't do anything like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Or Russia could do the responsible thing and pull it's troops off Sovereign Ukraine territory. Y'know, just putting that out there.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
After already using the banned cluster bombs, now they attack chemical plant (whatever exact weapon used to hit it). How about possible chemical contamination to the local population of Ukrainians?

The public opinion now should ask: how far is permissible for a war, be it a justified one? What if a nuclear plant is hit next time, and makes a second Chernobyl (ironically also in Ukraine)? Shall we thin the permissiveness more and more until the real nukes are used (if we assume none is used until now, including very low yield new mini nukes).

Or perhaps the nuclear war is already accepted as inevitable. so what matters one chemical plant more or less. The population will get used to it.

edit on 9-2-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: roccodog

I would venture a guess that this video is a large, albeit conventional explosion. I can't say for certain, but I would think the reaction from the rest of the superpowers would be quite significant if it was nuclear.

With that being said, my father is retired USAF in the nuclear weapons realm (and still works deep in the basement of some highly protected buildings for the Government) and he always told me a story about a piece of artillery known as the "Davey Crockett" - does that ring a bell from your time in Arty?

I think the bigger concern is how hot this conflict is getting, regardless of type of munition this is some serious fighting - Europe is going to have to do something, otherwise they are facing the bear on their doorstep and psychotic parasites from within (radical Islam)..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As far as the Media goes, the only 'news' that the public receives, is 'news' that can be twisted to fit the agendas of those in charge.

We'll never know every detail about anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

HAHAHA, you`re right !

It was rather juvenile how a bunch of them acted at the G20 in Brisbane back in November and in the press the last year (and even up to day)...they act all butthurt because they didn`t get what they wanted.

edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's pretty sad that these are the people that influence the destinies of millions of others, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: roccodog

I would venture a guess that this video is a large, albeit conventional explosion. I can't say for certain, but I would think the reaction from the rest of the superpowers would be quite significant if it was nuclear.

With that being said, my father is retired USAF in the nuclear weapons realm (and still works deep in the basement of some highly protected buildings for the Government) and he always told me a story about a piece of artillery known as the "Davey Crockett" - does that ring a bell from your time in Arty?

I think the bigger concern is how hot this conflict is getting, regardless of type of munition this is some serious fighting - Europe is going to have to do something, otherwise they are facing the bear on their doorstep and psychotic parasites from within (radical Islam)..
Even a nuclear detonation delivered via the "Davy Crockett" weapon would be much brighter and larger than this.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I don`t think this was a 300km radius, but they did it alright.

Kiev is attempting to blow up a chemical plant

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: 2012newstart

I don`t think this was a 300km radius, but they did it alright.

Kiev is attempting to blow up a chemical plant

Posting something from August of last year from a source known for it's obvious Anti-US Agenda and poor sourcing, in addition to being mainly opinion pieces and not factual reporting does not link these two events. We don't even know who is responsible for the explosion yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

People might start to think there are things on that site which tell a bit more as to what is being told in MSM..."quickly downplay it," we can`t have that happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is intense test footage - by the way I wasn't guessing this was a similar device to the M388, just asking if Roccodog had ever heard of it during his time in the service.

Also, for comparison, youtube the Toronto Propane plant explosion - massive explosion, totally chemical...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

People might start to think there are things on that site which tell a bit more as to what is being told in MSM..."quickly downplay it," we can`t have that happen.
Global Research is as valid a source as Infowars and GLP. And that's being kind to GlobalResearch.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

That is intense test footage - by the way I wasn't guessing this was a similar device to the M388, just asking if Roccodog had ever heard of it during his time in the service.

Also, for comparison, youtube the Toronto Propane plant explosion - massive explosion, totally chemical...
I imagine that would be a heck of an explosion. Also, in that video it was broad daylight and there was STILL a super-bright flash. Imagine if a device like that went off at night like in the Ukraine videos posted here.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If there was a chemical plant on fire there, depending on what they had on hand, it could easily have been a BLEVE.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That would make a big bang if it were both.

Chemical plant in Donetsk hit by Tochka-U missile — DPR defense ministry

MOSCOW, February 9. /TASS/. The powerful explosion in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk overnight to February 9 occurred when a Tochka-U missile hit a chemical plant, spokesman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said on Monday.

He said the missile had hit a chemical plant in Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky District.

Source

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My intel says :300 mm bm-30 smerch using 9m55c therobaric warheads.
The detonation was VERY hot.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don`t say you`re wrong, but what intel ?

DPR in general lies less as Kiev, so why would DPR lie about something like this ?
edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Reminds me of this:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join