It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott refusing to disclose financial information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am amazed that this guy was elected twice. Here is another issue that should get him impeached but not many seem to care.

www.tampabay.com...

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Gov. Rick Scott, a wealthy former businessman who put up millions of his money to help his two campaigns, is refusing to hand over detailed financial information that could answer whether he is violating a state ethics law.

Court filings show lawyers hired privately by Scott are vigorously fighting a request to turn over information on trust accounts maintained by Scott and his wife, first lady Ann Scott. Sheldon's attorney is also seeking information on a financial adviser handling Scott's money.

This link tries to put a little spin on the issue. It is part of Florida's Constitution for governors to disclose their finances.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well then I guess that guy who sits in the oval office should be impeached for not disclosing his school records.

Or hell a certain party that shall remain nameless just leak his financial records like during the last election using the IRS.

I just can't seem to care.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply

Why is he still in office ?

What is this country coming to. Hes just buying time to falsify records to show a legitimate source for his bribes.

Why is there no one to enforce this, he should have been kicked out of office immediately.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Pretty complicated case actually. First, the Governor does have the State Constitutional requirement to disclose financials via Article II, Section 8. That section reads as follows:

SECTION 8. Ethics in government.—A public office is a public trust. The people shall have the right to secure and sustain that trust against abuse. To assure this right:

(a) All elected constitutional officers and candidates for such offices and, as may be determined by law, other public officers, candidates, and employees shall file full and public disclosure of their financial interests.

This lawsuit however, and its subsequent reporting of it, is about his blind trust that he created in 2010 and is applicable by Florida law and had the blessing of the Ethics Commission. The discrepancy as brought forward by the lawsuit is the increase of wealth when he did in fact disclose his holdings after solvency of the trust and that which he reported publicly.

I would have to see what the lawsuit is actually claiming before passing judgement. Alas, I already see calls for impeachment without allowing due process though.

If he has in fact hidden and/or skirted the Florida Constitution, impeach away. Until then, one still must prove that laws were broken.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst
a reply

Why is he still in office ?

What is this country coming to. Hes just buying time to falsify records to show a legitimate source for his bribes.

Why is there no one to enforce this, he should have been kicked out of office immediately.

He is still in office because he still has due process and the news article is pretty shallow in what the lawsuit is about. Even then, since we are all for following Florida Constitutional law, there would have to recommended action to initiate impeachment procedures to the House.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Sorry I jumped the gun, but thats how I roll.

..... The other day I pointed my service revolver at some criminals throwing weapons at eachother,

... These weapons later turned out to be snowballs but their so alike ak47's in appearance I was temporarily fooled.

....... Snowballs should be illegal.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Seems plenty is known about his financials.

The Scotts reported adjusted gross income of $9.3-million in 2010, $80.3 million in 2011 and $8.7 million in 2012. They paid about $16 million in taxes over the three-year period. They reported a capital gain of $75.8 million in 2011, but the asset is not disclosed.

www.tampabay.com...

Anyone in this thread paid $16 million in taxes ?

ANYONE ?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

Not standing up for the FL Gov, just for the rule of law. There are obvious miscarriages of justice that we could go on about.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Guten Morgen- Gov. Scott spent $72M for a job that pays $137k/yr. So I'm guessing that He or someone in His employ can "cook some books"?

Remember the Flori-Duh Law about welfare recipients being drug tested, Authored by Smith(R)-Inverness? This bill provided that the recipient would have to pay for their own tests. Remember the "Pill Mills"? Scott took over many of those with His private business, "Concierge Drs." -Strip Mill Dr.s aka "Urgent Care" The drug tests at Fl. hospitals averaged $150.00 At the Gov's place the tests cost $34.00

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I agree that anybody that runs for government have not rights to privacy, that include open scrutiny to their financial records.

Hiding their records only shows that they are guilty of something and corruption is always rampant.

Public office means that public.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
At this point who doesn't think he is just hiding money which is probably of questionable origin. That's the American way.

Keep looking upward along the tower and you will see bigger and bigger crooks. A good reason to keep law enforcement occupied with people holding a couple of gram of pot.

And people still believe in the US and most state governments? ha.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
But then again when has any politician ever been so open with the state he id dtealing from???
Gov Scott has been a burden on florida since the day he has been elected he has taken money out of the school system and put it into his back pocket im glad my uncles given his staffers tickets everytime there in town lol...a reply to: marg6043

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

That is right, it does gets frustrating, but more frustrating is how people still elect these varmints regardless, perpetuating the notion that in America government can do whatever they want because is not repercussions, hell why change the law when they can just make more laws to protect the themselves.

After all, crocks are the ones making laws this days.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Where i currently work the owner of my company is a big supporter and im talking hundreds of thousands of dollars of donation campaigns all the fancy customers of mine all have personal pictures w the governer himself...a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I feel that what needs to happen in America is a reboot of the whole system start from scratch all new congress, governers and so on and make them make 32k a year and no pay offs and no benefits make them one of us tadpoles for a change!!!a reply to: marg6043

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Don't we wish, but is never going to happen, the crocks owns the political system in the nation that includes all branches and twigs.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I love my Country but sadly the system in place is collapsing it piece by piece its when these fools go unchecked that we have the problems that we do alot of the people i deal with are older you should see the way thier eye brows are raised at all this political nonsense they were the protesting era sadly they are lite in numbers where the current generation should be out flooding the streets and makin em poop their diapers...a reply to: marg6043

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I was a child of the seventies, I remember protest, I remember when we made a mark as citizens.

Now a days the crocks has made sure that in this days and time when the public protest against government is always going to be repercussions against the protestors.

Fear and propaganda works.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yea like those non freedom of speech zones we need to start a peaceful protest in all states hit em where it hurts a three non workday protest is enough to dig into thier profit pockets!!!a reply to: marg6043

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
*snip*
Anyone in this thread paid $16 million in taxes ?

ANYONE ?

So wait a minute Neo ... are you now holding up payment of taxes as a good thing? Something that sets folks like Scott above the rest of us?

He paid $16 million in taxes, and so, he can't be doing anything wrong? He's above question and reproach?

He and his wife go by a different set of rules because they're wealthy???

What's your point?
edit on 7Tue, 03 Feb 2015 07:47:05 -060015p072015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join