It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“There's a UFO outside...”: Steady-Handed Scotsman Captures UFO Over Loch Lomond

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Looks like swamp gas to me, or maybe we can add a dash of Occam and say it's a compound cloud of butt stink from the natives.

It's interesting, at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

That does not add much to the discussion.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It's an airplane / jet more than 100 miles out, flying towards the camera......

Like these:

Can't believe how much you people fail at identifying things.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm a believer but I see those every morning and every evening, its planes coming toward the camera hence seeming to move slowly coming in to land at an airport (Heathrow in my case). That light does everything I see per morning, looks like a single light until its close and you see the navigation lights, seems to move slowly until on final approach and slowly descends as per that video.

Sorry folks, its PLANE and simple

Sorry about the misspelt pun

EDIT

List of nearby airports by map...The red marker is the village it was seen from.

www.distances-calculator.com...
edit on 5-2-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
It's an airplane / jet more than 100 miles out, flying towards the camera......
Yeah that would explain why it sets (falls below the horizon) as the Earth rotates..wait...no it wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I found these pictures on another web discussion about this video...

From here www.metabunk.org...

It seems that the northern skies are incredibly busy right now. In addition to Venus, we've had Lovejoy and in the past couple of days there have been at least two reports of suspected meteors, or falling balls of fire, whichever descriptive you may prefer, one in Canada

and another in England

www.yorkpress.co.uk...

...(both on roughly the same latitude as each other) on 3rd February.

As the players of the ancient mysteries are moving into their places ready for the performance of Spring, with Venus, naturally, taking centre stage, and Lovejoy the 8000 year herald possibly leaving a trail of meteoric breadcrumbs in it's wake, it certainly promises to be a most auspicious year...one way or another.

edit on 5-2-2015 by Anaana because: forgot last photo source

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: 3danimator2014

UFO until identified, could be human made, alien made or natural phenomena.

No One is jumping straight to aliens but you...

Ontopic, Kind of interesting...

Oh please. We sll know that the op is suggesting it's an non earthly ufo.

Even if not....how is this remotely interesting? It's a light moving across the sky.

I think you've arrived at the wrong website.
edit on 5-2-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the original video poster at YouTube, Tom Hall, has shut down his comments section.

He was going down swinging though, last he was posting he was still insistent that what he recorded is not Venus.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A little late to the party, but for fun I've done an image composition using 6 frames to see if the result could conform to the hypothesis proposed by some here.

The frames were captures on the YT video (yeah I know, I shouldn't do that
) at 480p at times 4:19, 4:33, 5:54, 7:15, 9:54 and 12:47.
Then, I added all the frames resized to fit, using reference points (trees, branches...) in one picture, and marked all the respective positions of the 'UFO'.
Next step was to precisely measure the distance between each point and determine a pixel/seconds ratio.

Here's the result:

What is notable at first is that the 'UFO' moved in a straight line.

Secondly, the ratio is really constant (except maybe for 1/2, but the small distance that separates both likely account for the measures imprecision), meaning that its apparent speed is always the same from point 1 to point 6.

All of this substantially reinforce the Venus hypothesis. For this object to be an airplane, it should remarkably move in a (almost) perfect perpendicular plane to the axis observer/object. Not saying that this is impossible, but searching in FlightRadar24 at the hour and the date of the sighting around Kinlochard, there's no airplane that took this apparent path, looking at SSW.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anywhere if someone already mentioned the camcorder model name. With that info, we should be able to precise some useful information such as 'real' (i-e metric) distance vs length of the move, and 'real' speed as well.
edit on 5-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can't believe it's Venus. Go to 7:40 and watch - Venus wouldn't appear to move so much in less than a minute.

Have I missed something? I've never watched a planet move that much. The camera is moving slightly but it's position moves a lot in the space of 50 seconds.... Venus?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There'd be two guesses I could throw in, but no way to know given that all we see is just a single light.

MD500 Helicopter. A newer model with the forward swept rotor tips on a 5-bladed main rotor, you wont even hear it unless it's practically right on top of you. (At which point it's pretty obvious it's a helicopter. And some of the new Eurocopters with similar features are pretty quiet too though.) These kind of helicopters aren't just favored by miltary or police, but also companies doing electric utility work because they can work overnight on lines near residential areas without disturbing people.

or...

Some quad rotor RC aircraft with a high intensity LED. (As mentioned by a lot of other posters.)

And perhaps one extra guess because there's no way to 100% rule it out with what's available...

Aliens, but that's way way down on the list. The other two options being much more plausible.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Have I missed something? I've never watched a planet move that much. The camera is moving slightly but it's position moves a lot in the space of 50 seconds.... Venus?
Yes you missed something. The zoom. Look at the very beginning when it's zoomed out how far away those trees really are. I was fooled by the zoom at first too, but if he filmed the whole thing zoomed out as in the beginning, it would be much more obvious that it's a planet setting as the Earth rotates.

a reply to: elevenaugust
Nice analysis. I agree it's most likely a planet, probably Venus.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Wish I could have seen it. Not too different than the one that visits my house a lot. Though points of light in the sky, look like most points of light in the sky.

I have a light that sits about 30' off the ground in the tree branches. It appears well after midnight and watches us through my back window at less than a half mile away.

We nicknamed it "The Shylight" because it can easily be seen as a brightly diffused light but then tries to hide when you notice it. Weirdly enough it can travel trough the many trees as if the trees are not there.

I hope to be releasing a video of it soon, since it has started coming back frequently. My chances of catching this time should be better than when it used to visit.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If we, with all our "awesome" technology are still in debate as to what this is, just imagine what the ancient people thought when first witnessing these sights. I think we are getting a tiny sample of the confusion and disbelief that our ancestors went through when first figuring out our stars and planets.

We have done things that past civilizations would never believe, yet we can not figure out (to everyone's agreement) what a tiny light moving in the sky is. I find that thought fascinating.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

While that is very true, I would suggest that said ancestors had limited choices for an explanation.

If they could not understand something, it was either 'The Gods' or it was 'Magic'.

One you prayed to, the other you ran from.

In the end, you only have words to describe it and then human nature takes over and you tend to make it as important an incident as you can using all the words you know.

Then of course, you end the description with your opinion. "It was Thor's hammer sent to destroy an enemy!"

After that, another chapter in a legend is born.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Yes you missed something. The zoom. Look at the very beginning when it's zoomed out how far away those trees really are. I was fooled by the zoom at first too, but if he filmed the whole thing zoomed out as in the beginning, it would be much more obvious that it's a planet setting as the Earth rotates.

Regardless of zoom a tree's size in relation to the "thing" remains the same. It moved passed/behind trees within 40 seconds. A planet doesn't move that much in 40 seconds.

I understand that the zoom only shows a small portion of the wider landscape but it doesn't remove the size of the tree in relation to the "thing" it moved a lot more than a planet should in a matter of seconds.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Here is a screen capture using Stellarium using coordinates approximately set for the you tube posters location'

Venus is the 3rd brightest object in the sky after the Sun and Moon as you can see it would be in the direction he claimed to be filming.

The shape of the object is due to the camera optics and his use of excessive zoom (probably digital) had the resolution or camera been better we may have spotted Mars as well.

Had he not disabled comments we could have asked him for more info on the camera used.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Regardless of zoom a tree's size in relation to the "thing" remains the same. It moved passed/behind trees within 40 seconds. A planet doesn't move that much in 40 seconds.

I understand that the zoom only shows a small portion of the wider landscape but it doesn't remove the size of the tree in relation to the "thing" it moved a lot more than a planet should in a matter of seconds.

I just filmed Venus with a "poor" x4 zoom in video mode with my Canon Camera, and superimposed two frames with 169 seconds separation:

Venus here moved significantly in only 169 seconds.

With a more powerful zoom than my own x4, Venus will appear to move faster then will cover a more apparent distance, so yes, a planet may apparently move that much in 40 seconds, depending of the zoom factor.

The more the zoom is important, the more the apparent covered distance and apparent speed is important.
edit on 6-2-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

YOU have obviously never tried to take even still images of the planets or Moon even at modest focal lengths.

Just to show you 3 images of the Moon taken at 280mm focal length on my 16mp DSLR

Moon 1

Moon 2

Combined

Right click select view image for a better look.

At 280mm approx magnification is about 6x the time difference between the pictures is 8 SECONDS you can clearly see a change in the position of the Moon.

It's clear to see YOU don't understand ANGULAR movement and the effect due to the objects distance!!!
edit on 6-2-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

YOU have obviously never tried to take even still images of the planets or Moon even at modest focal lengths.

It's clear to see YOU don't understand ANGULAR movement and the effect due to the objects distance!!!

Hey hey hey..wait. Aren't we all here to learn?

I hate when people but themselves on a pedestal above others. No... "I" haven't ever done what you've just done.

I'll consider myself more intelligent now. But it's not my chosen form of learning. Being belittled.

Cheers for your obnoxious advice.
edit on 6-2-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join