It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bitcoin Elite' to Gather on Secret Island for Bilderberg-Style Retreat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Satoshi Roundtable, to be held from 6th to 8th February, is suggestive of the famed Bilderberg conference, the annual meeting at which more than 100 finance experts gather in relative secret to the delight of global conspiracy theorists.

'Bitcoin Elite' to Gather on Secret Island for Bilderberg-Style Retreat

"Satoshi Roundtable include top executives from companies such as Blockchain, BitGo, BitPesa, Chain, ChangeTip, Coinapult and MegaBigPower, as well as noted VCs in the space such as Erik Voorhees, Roger Ver and Steve Waterhouse."

The Bitcoin Aristocracy is born.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Better hope they dont fly Malaysia Airlines.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Better hope they dont fly Malaysia Airlines.

If it was me, no way in hell I would fly. If I couldn't get there by car, don't go. I would dial in via video teleconference.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I wonder if they will create fake wars, and help elect fake politicians, and create fake news to go with the fake money, just like our REAL money movers do?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Digital corruption meeting. I wonder if the regular greed tards will try to kill them off.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

I wonder if they will create fake wars, and help elect fake politicians, and create fake news to go with the fake money, just like our REAL money movers do?

Well said.

"Americans (generally) are solid when it comes to the importance of the separation of Church and State. However, they need some help when it comes to the separation of Money and State."

Some of the following quotes are attributed to sell-outs and people who acted against what they're saying below. However, the important thing from my point of view is that, at some point in their lives, they knew what was right when it came to the separation of Money and State.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner
There's real money? Gold backed and everything?!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Meet the new boss - same as the old boss?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

www.thebitcoinchannel.com...

The time has come to demand honest government and that means we must demand honest money. Bitcoin didn’t ask for permission to exist, and in the same way we need not look to any false authority for permission to spend it. Make no mistake about it, open source money is a revolution. The only death will be the false authority of fiat money, and the rebellion is being financed by your spending.

We need government and we need money, we just don’t need one controlling the other. When money controls government then the oligarchy and corporations have undue influence. When government controls money, then the political system can control the citizens. The idea of a Republic is the idea that people control the government, but in order for this to work we need to separate money and state just like we separate church and state.

The separation of church and State was very controversial but it brought greater pluralism for all. America had a big role to play in that evolutionary process. After the Magna Carta was signed, men of the Enlightenment were no longer content to be ruled by Kings. Today the old oligarchs that once sat behind the king’s throne are still asserting themselves by appointing bankers into political positions once held by elected officials. What we see today is neo-feudalism where the kings have been replaced by few powerful families, each with large pools of capital. They control the political process because the control the money.

What I’m describing is called “the New World Order” and those invested in this corrupt system are pushing a Globalist agenda that forces working people the world over to comply and submit to its all-powerful will without regard to their individual rights. Yes, people complain about this open conspiracy, but they are at a loss to know what can be done about it. Perhaps the answer is a simple one: stop using State issued money.

If people the world over were to adopt various forms of crypto-currency, this would seriously reduce the power of the Super-State to control them and in time it would also render the oligarchy powerless to control the state. Then, and only then, would free people have a chance to reclaim their government and restore a Constitutional Republic that is both accountable and representative of their the best interests.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I wonder how involved Israel is in this meeting, since they seem to be calling for the first cashless society.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This could be bad news for investors...i made a lot of money from bitcoin because it was so unstable and fluctuated in huge leaps and bounds....if it stabilizes itll be like gold or silver... or anything else that just slowly goes up and down...which takes much longer to make money and if im going to do a slow investment it certainly wouldnt be in bitcoin. These guys could actually stabilze the bitcoin market. There are already several legit vendors popping up that are great to work with....like coinbase...you have to use your real identity which I dont mind....but I know that is a deal breaker for some.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I dont deal in money anymore, I deal in something far more valuable......

.....secrets.

ATSCOIN anyone ?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I wonder how involved Israel is in this meeting, since they seem to be calling for the first cashless society.

Some have suggested that IS.RA.EL could be the 1st nation state to FULLY adopt Bitcoin. Not sure that would be good for Bitcoin or the world at large. Thankfully, there is zero change of that happening. However, the next Satoshi Roundtable could be in Tel-Aviv and that would be bad enough!

www.washingtonsblog.com...

> Bitcoin is the most exciting current trend in using technology to chip away at the
> stranglehold of the big banks over our wallets and our lives. Open Democracy points out:

It remains to be seen whether this is an advance of democratic self-determination. At this stage I would be optimistic, especially if Bitcoin’s proof-of-concept encourages others to develop distinct, communicating architectures that would create not just a digital currency but a digital currency exchange. There are some fascinating possibilities here:

1. We may soon not need banks to carry out monetary transactions or keep our money. The benefit in terms of near-zero transaction costs, nearly immediate confirmation of payment (are you still waiting 4 days for your cheque?), reduced credit risk, security and resilience would be immense.

2. Credit creation becomes an activity not linked to the transaction-handling franchise. It is also no longer underwritten by taxpayers. Inflationary behaviour requires public consent – not the taxpayer or voter public but the public that uses the particular currency.

3. Because all transactions are peer-to-peer, people can switch their currency holdings at will and costlessly. How much people trade, if at all, depends only their beliefs about the riskiness of the currencies on offer.

4. If peer-to-peer currency becomes mainstream, governments will have to decide whether to accept it and put the banks out of business, or refuse it and drive it underground. Either way, the relation of state and citizen in economic management is likely to be radically changed.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
There's real money? Gold backed and everything?!

Not yet but China is working on that problem as we speak.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hear there's a cool creature in Jekyll Island.

Rich people do some weird stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

why on earth do people still think gold has any intrinsic value??

come the apocalypse no amount of gold is going to get you any of my bullets or beans!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Until one creates their own digi coin. Its fairly easy to do. Many offshoots have spawned already.

Hail cryptocurrency.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Won't be long before we don the virtual goggles, visit the virtual store in our virtual cars, and spend our virtual money on virtual fast food.

Dammit I left my virtual wallet at home!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleGreenAlien

Except well download this food to our 3d printers where they'll use bio-protein ink or some,stuff to make,it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reality will set in. When they know for a fact that they can bleed to death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join