It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Best New Business Idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nowyouseeme

I have one because of my own experience. I am in my sixties, got arthritis from years of physical labor for 42 years. I need HELP with car, house, And with the aging boomers, we are all going to need help. We won't be going to nursing homes and such like our parents. And our kids will likely be all over the place making a living.

I am just waiting for someone to start a virtual reality grocery store. You know, where I can get on the computer, walk the grocery store lanes with my fingers, pick out my groceries and pay, then I hope they have a delivery service.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Amazonfresh is already going that way. When drones are fully realized, you'll have all of your goodies delivered at your door within a few hours....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Groceries too? That is my main thing everyday. Eating is a problem for the elderly and a disabled husband. That is why it is a day to day problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Most of the replies I have read here would cost much more than 50k and many of them are easily duplicated. I have a trade secret formula for a sculpting material based on plaster that has formerly been sold in small quantities to some schools, an art store with interest from others, at art fairs, a teacher at a University teaching art classes, and had there not been a divorce, had I not moved back to Wyoming where the nearest town with a population over 5000 is 90 miles away in another state, not being a fair bit older than yourself in your 40's, and neither being an artist or a fantastic sales person, I might still be doing it. However, if I found the right people to partner with, I could certainly be involved in the manufacture of said formula and mixing with plaster to create this sculpting material. Non-toxic, fireproof, workable after hardening, ultra low shrinkage factor, air-dry, colorable in powder form with tempera water colors.... it has some great qualities and could be sold to many stores and schools and for home use or professional artists, but I'm not the type A person to do it, especially on my own.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nowyouseeme
a reply to: Mandroid7

50K is just a number, it could be 150K I guess. I don't know anything about real estate other than buying a house...if it's that easy why doesn't everybody do it? Isn't that what all of those get rich real estate seminars are about? I'd imagine there are 100's of people at every foreclosure bid, no?

Yeah, it is what I do, and no they are def not easy and are risky if not researched right.
I make my profit off of improvements to the property, scooping up the dogs in the nice areas, and doing all the elbow grease.

You really have to know what your looking at, its potential price and cost to get it to market.

I built homes for a long time, so I can cut out a lot of expense on remods w tools and know-how, as well as instant job costing for repairs.

Seminars are basically failed investors teaching others for money imo.

Another route is purchasing at auction then neg the debts on the title. All courts have different procedures, but down here in Florida you put down a deposit for a percentage of your expected offer, then put your bid in online and wait to see who wins it. No standard courthouse step auctions.

If you search st.pete fl on zillow for example, filter for 15k max price, you will see a bunch of them...these are the sale prices before liens are negotiated.

Everyone doesn't do it, because it's a cash game. Your banking on the fact that cash holds more weight than a mortgage to the banks. They take your 100k and write a million in new loans with it, while you get a 200k house for a 100k profit. Same goes for lien payoffs.

The auctions take 10% in deposit up front, I believe, so again it's a huge risk for a buyer because you can't go in most of them for inspection and can loose your deposit if you don't follow through.

A guy without the background, but with cash can use a team consisting of a contractor and a realtor.
Realtor can give comps and realistic sale price with a discounted commish for continued business, and the contractor can estimate repairs, coordinating w realtor for area features common to homes on the mrkt to make it competitive.

This route can have a quick profit, albeit smaller margins, so it will require more sales volume.
More of a business mngmnt type of job.

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would advise against posting your ideas; if they are good, you are better off on your own.

It's easy to steal ideas.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Theres shops in asia doing that for the past few years now .. order online and delivery within two hours ..

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I actully have 3 good busienss ideas but I am sure as christ not going to describe them here and give them away for nothing. If there was a competition for the best new busienss idea I woud enter it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I have one because of my own experience. I am in my sixties, got arthritis from years of physical labor for 42 years. I need HELP with car, house, And with the aging boomers, we are all going to need help. We won't be going to nursing homes and such like our parents. And our kids will likely be all over the place making a living.

I am just waiting for someone to start a virtual reality grocery store. You know, where I can get on the computer, walk the grocery store lanes with my fingers, pick out my groceries and pay, then I hope they have a delivery service.

I thought about something like that myself. Instead of delivering your order, though, you would print out a claim ticket and pick up your assembled order at the store.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I guess I should expect on a conspiracy board that there would be a little paranoia from a few folks about "stealing" "revolutionary ideas". Don't worry, i'm certain that if any of you have amazing ideas that are going to make you millionaires that it's tied to some type of special or unique technical ability YOU have...it's not something you could tell someone about on a board and they could "Steal".

I like the weed shop the best so far BTW.....probably be a pretty fun business to own...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When and if I get the money right I want to open a chain of Italian fast food drive thru Resturants Called "Presto's". Even have a dollar menu etc... little bread sticks that you get with any order, even a coke gets a breadstick. I even have a great idea to run both sides like buffet. So in your car you can look through the window and see the product and server walking right with you as you go along. They might come for a dollar serving but whent they see that 3.79 slice of lasagna.

That, and a retail access 3d printing service. Hire designers right out of school to help create anything for anybody. Rapid prototyping, nickknacks for family reunions... "The Creation Station", I think being quick to introduce this tech to the public is an awesome chance to take.. it will be the next big thing 3d printing, or augmented reality... tie those together and BOOM! Stinkin' rotten dirty ask RICH!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
I would advise against posting your ideas; if they are good, you are better off on your own.

It's easy to steal ideas.

That's true but most people don't have the drive or inclination to get up off their fat butts and turn an
idea into a viable enterprise.

The idea is just a small part of entrepreneurship. The rest takes dedication that most people just don't have.

Personally I'd rather gamble on a project and lose my ass, than be a wage slave.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well since you asked :-) it would be a family" hole in the wall" restaurant that would feature Meat Loaf with mashed and a very thick gravy. Lots of dishes just like that, In our city we are down to maybe 5 mom and pop places now with our population at about 70k or so.

We are a blue collar city and its well known but for some reason the people with money keep buying out the good old eateries and keep pushing these weird dishes like tofu chicken al la king:-)
The serving size is laughable and then they wonder why did we go bankrupt?

Yes indeed it would be meatloaf, greasy on the gill hamburgers, real milkshakes, real fries and onion rings, and hell yes coffee serverd in ceramic cups. Our waitresses will call you "Hon" and if you are offended get the F out of our place.

It's all a dream but I did have fun typing this up!
Thanks OP
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What I would do is something that is out there already - Predictive financial software.

Way back in the day (years ago), before I joined up with a company myself, I had an idea to create something that would plot your finances. It would also allow for random things that life might throw your way (for example, you hit a pothole at point X in the future; would you be able to afford the repairs?). Finally, the main goal with this would be to help people manage their own money. For example, say you want to buy a $15,000 house in 4 years. You make $40,000 after taxes, and know that you have several "variable" payments (items such as food, clothing, extra spending that you can trim the budget on). By adjusting the numbers, you would (in theory) be able to see how long it'll take to save up for the house, and how something negative can affect that goal in the timeframe.

My intention was to design it with people in mind; people that might not have the skills to watch over their money and save for the future, or prepare for possible things that might make a dent in their wallet (IE: Me). That would be the level of exposure I'd be aiming for. I'm sure there's something like this out there, but I didn't chose the idea to dominate the field; I like competition.

-fossilera

top topics

<< 1   >>

join