It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Best New Business Idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just as a qualifier, I have created and sold three businesses in my life. My first was a building maintenance service that ended up with 4 employees and 3 trucks that I sold for close to six figures (in my 20's), my 2nd was a food service business that I grew into 11 locations that I sold for six figures and my third was a financial service business that I grew into a 7 million dollar business and i sold and came away with enough profit to buy my current house outright. With that as a qualifier (I'm experienced) I'd like to ask the folks on this board

1) WHAT IS YOUR LATEST AND GREATEST BUSINESS IDEA? IF YOU WERE GIVEN SAY $50,000 AND TOLD TO OPEN A BUSINESS, WHAT WOULD YOU OPEN?

I am thinking about starting a 4th business, electronic recycling...but the set up is a bit daunting and I'm in my 40's now...I don't know if I'm down for 12-18 months of hard labor until things get flowing and I can hire people. I'm just looking for ideas...and the people on this board are among the most creative and interesting folks I know, I'm interested in hearing your ideas. Not saying I'm going to steal the ideas, but I may...lol. If I take any of them seriously I will of course contact you via PM and see if you are interested in participating.

Thanks!

NYSM

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A small dinner specializing in my wife's pot roast with small potatoes and gravy. Sorry If this is off topic but I just finished some it is all I can think about. Ohhhhhhhhhh man.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Open a luxury holiday resort in the tropics ( theres a few places that would be perfect however keeping that information to myself ) ..

run jungle safari's / eco tours / diving tours

Deep sea fishing charters

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sounds delicious. I actually had this idea for a place a couple of years ago called "On A Stick"....everything is on a Stick and there are various sauces and fondue type of stuff. If I lived in Tokyo I could make a killing on that, here is the suburbs It wouldn't go over...it's all Chipotle and Chili's here.
. Pot roast on a stick sounds amazing...I'll let you have that one

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nowyouseeme

A fancy restaurant with an in house daycare. I only say that because I'm one of those weirdos who just can't seem to leave my baby with a sitter, and I really need a date night haha!

I invented pet insurance when I was 8. Too bad someone stole my idea and now is making millions. It was probably my best idea yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I live in Colorado. I would invest in a recreational marijuana shop. It literally is a gold mine out here. I honestly think legalizing it all through America would/could get this country out of debt. It is huge money.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

See what you started ... Now am hungry .. gotta get up from hammock to pick some dragonfruit ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Nice. It'd have to be a place that's exotic enough to be a destination, but in a place with a reasonable government so I can invest. Costa Rica with some Inca References...hmmm. Would take Millions though to do it right....would be fun. Great Idea!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The US, China & Russia get in on a deal to improve solar cells.
Putting down billions to create a workforce to solve the problem, or at least improve it.

Working together, putting the common man to work for a greater good, than war.

News like, US Beats Russia in "what-ever-game", but goes back to the research facility as friends. Oh i know im dreaming.

USA, Russian, Iran, the EU, and China are today putting more efforts into solving the emerging energy crisis, together.
New milestone have been achieved. Someone said that it was more profitable to combat the "insert-you-fav-hate-nation-here" that working against them, everyone laughed. Because they all knew it was a joke.

They were all working to improve the planet, for everyone.

They didn't make a cent! Because it was non-existent, they improved life for everyone at the whole planet at once!
If you need $ to describe it, you will never understand the unity.

Yeah, i am a dreamer.. but i am not the only one..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yup. I've been considering this too. Even though it's legal on the state level, can't the feds come in and shut you down since it's not legal on the federal level?

I've heard this from local business guys, where in california at least you have to sign short term leases on property and have a lawyer on retainer because you get shut down after a couple of months by feds...I'd be interested to see if anybody has experience in this industry here.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would secure a 250k loan for a floatplane taxi service throughout southern Florida.

That's my future hobby business dream.

Other than that, not sure what you could start at 50k, other than a growing service type business.

Real estate is a good one, 50k cash has a lot more buying power than 100k mortgage.

I've seen guys buy 140k houses at 15k in foreclosure, negotiate the liens for pennies on the dollar, and make out like a bandit.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The locations are all exotic .. stable governments that encourage business growth and investment and stable economies .. favorable currency exchange rates .. along with growing tourist industries ..

These days prefer my solitude and learning to enjoy semi-retirement otherwise would set one up .. keeping it as option in case get too bored ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nowyouseeme

Yup. I've been considering this too. Even though it's legal on the state level, can't the feds come in and shut you down since it's not legal on the federal level?

I've heard this from local business guys, where in california at least you have to sign short term leases on property and have a lawyer on retainer because you get shut down after a couple of months by feds...I'd be interested to see if anybody has experience in this industry here.

Nope. In fact they just came out and said that ALL funding of these raids will be cut from the budget anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fictitious

hmmm...name it "Dinner Date" and have CC Cams on the table so parents can watch their kids and don't worry.

Restaurant build outs are so expensive, out of all the businesses restaurants are the most dangerous...they can literally ruin your finances forever. Too tough IMO....but great idea.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

No Kidding. I don't smoke pot, haven't since I was a teen...guess I'd have to start? wonder how you'd get supplies...guess I'd have to make contact with some "co ops". I'll need to research this to see what's involved...the legal aspect always scared me away from this.

I have a buddy who owns 4 'massage parlors' and he nets 5k a week...but spends a few weeks a year in jail and 50K in legal expenses a year. I'm a family man, I can't have that...but the weed joint sounds ok if I don't have to worry about feds.

Nice.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

50K is just a number, it could be 150K I guess. I don't know anything about real estate other than buying a house...if it's that easy why doesn't everybody do it? Isn't that what all of those get rich real estate seminars are about? I'd imagine there are 100's of people at every foreclosure bid, no?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
With 50k I could expand one of my current businesses. A flyfishing guide and outfitting business in the Rocky mts.

Buy a couple more Mckenzie drifters, hire some more guides, get a secretary, and spend the rest on advertising.

With that expansion, I could approach 1mil gross.

Now with legal pot in Colorado, all the sports want to fish there. Pot tourism is getting huge.

Or with 50k I could produce an indy movie and perhaps replicate what "Paranormal Activity" did.
I'm a small time producer now, but with 50k I would still be small time but the film could have real production value.
I have a killer cast/crew and script with plenty of sex, drugs and rock and roll. Interested?

adage.com...

edit on 22-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Encrypted messaging software/tools that send messages that don't "look" encrypted when intercepted by the NSA.

For example, sending this to someone:
"The secret meeting of the not-so-prime time rebellion maker's sign painters is at 10PM at the slot car store."

Would be sent in clear text as:
"Have you seen grumpy cat? Or what about the latest Perz Hilton video? I've seen it 20 times at Starbucks."
Then decrypted back to the original on the device of the receiver.
edit on 22-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Keep talking.

You don't need a patent, it's just a piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nowyouseeme
Just as a qualifier, I have created and sold three businesses in my life. My first was a building maintenance service that ended up with 4 employees and 3 trucks that I sold for close to six figures (in my 20's), my 2nd was a food service business that I grew into 11 locations that I sold for six figures and my third was a financial service business that I grew into a 7 million dollar business and i sold and came away with enough profit to buy my current house outright. With that as a qualifier (I'm experienced) I'd like to ask the folks on this board

1) WHAT IS YOUR LATEST AND GREATEST BUSINESS IDEA? IF YOU WERE GIVEN SAY $50,000 AND TOLD TO OPEN A BUSINESS, WHAT WOULD YOU OPEN?

I am thinking about starting a 4th business, electronic recycling...but the set up is a bit daunting and I'm in my 40's now...I don't know if I'm down for 12-18 months of hard labor until things get flowing and I can hire people. I'm just looking for ideas...and the people on this board are among the most creative and interesting folks I know, I'm interested in hearing your ideas. Not saying I'm going to steal the ideas, but I may...lol. If I take any of them seriously I will of course contact you via PM and see if you are interested in participating.

Thanks!

NYSM

Are you kidding?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join