It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple singing Peppa Pig to toddler forced off bus for "racism"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

A couple were thrown off a bus and branded racists after singing the Peppa Pig theme tune to their autistic daughter, it has been claimed.

Nick Barnfield and Sarah Cleaves were travelling with their daughter Heidi on a bus from Sheffield to Doncaster when the 15-month-old started crying.

The couple, who live in Rotherham, started singing the song in an effort to cheer their daughter up, but say they were branded racists by another passenger and told to get off the bus by its driver.

The couple claimed the woman, who they say was wearing a hijab, took offence to the snorting sounds in the song and believed they were a reference to how pork is forbidden in Islam though this has not been confirmed.

She complained to the bus's driver, who, it is claimed, then told the couple it would be 'easier' for them to get off two miles from their home.

www.inquisitr.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here's Peppa Pig. There are lots of songs in the show, so who knows which it was.

So people of the west, I ask you: HOW FAR ARE WE GOING TO LET THIS INSANITY GO ?

edit on 19-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: Added inquisitr link

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess the little lamb that Mary had is also racist... "fleece as white as snow" is a dead giveaway.

Stupid...
edit on 19-1-2015 by madmac5150 because: White sheep are racist!

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So the Muslim woman was raising hell and to avoid the wrath of an offended Muslim it was easier to put the family off the bus.

Wake up people. SMH.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is an issue with a stupid driver, how far will it go? to his boss who will no doubt give him a poiece of his mind for being stupid.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Someday we will all realize that we are all pink on the inside... and we all bleed the same red as well. "Insanity" is defined as doing the same thing over and over... while expecting different results. This is one insane world...

(post by crazyewok removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

it would be 'easier' for them to get off two miles from their home.

Translated for accuracy:
"Get off before that lunatic puts a fatwa on the whole fraking bus!"

edit on 19/1/2015 by IShotMyLastMuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

that would be assult and pretty stupid, she should have told the lady she has a right to free speech in this country, as I have the right to sing peppa pig to my child if I wish. if you dont like to live in a country that allows songs about pigs may i sujest moving to a country whos rules suit your way of life.
edit on 19-1-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: crazyewok

that would be assult and pretty stupid, she should have told the lady she has a right to free speech in this country, as I have the right to sing peppa pig to my child if I wish. if you dont like to live in a country that allows songs about pigs may i sujest moving to a country whos rules suit your way of life.

Ok maybe that would be to far.

But sick on of the Radical Muslim assault on free speech.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sounds made up. It was probably more a complaint about the annoying song that escalated more than a pork issue. People like to...make things up.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the artical is from september 2014, i cant find any follow up reports. not that ive looked very hard

(post by WilsonWilson removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

No. He will be praised for being a nice politically correct drone. I will bet any amount you like that I can ride a bus all day long, singing songs that mock Christians and not get thrown off. We're letting the PC/Religious crowd become the bullies and everyone is afraid to call them on it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Lol at the overreactions about a story from last year!

None of us were there...

& this is a non-story...
Especially since there has been no updates about the "investigation"!

& I just knew it would be the Daily Mail.

Why didn't the couple wait for the police to arrive and make counter allegations of harrassment and an affront to their freedom of speech?

Way too one sided imo.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I always love a good peppa pig topic, lol

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

As the saying goes," When in Rome..." If you immigrate to another part of the world you need to accept the culture that is already present and not view things especially those not directed at you as offensive. Why do some expect everyone else to tip toe around their sensitivities,yet they do not do unto others. A ridiculous display of pulling the racism card. Now I have the Peppa pig song in my head...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Lol at the overreactions about a story from last year

speaking of,

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=CharlieSpeirs
There was a topic regarding an incident from 2012 that had a lot of overreactions, a few days back, some guy playing the star spangled banner.

Must be something about music in the wrong location that gets on peoples nerves
edit on 083131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 083131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The Daily Mail inciting racial hatred and instilling fear since 1896.

Yet another scene from which we have 1% of the facts yet the whole British population already has their opinion on it and their mind firmly made up.

Our country is being f****d over by the media and politicians. They've created a world of stupid people.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

rubbish i dont believe that for one second.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Haha. Yes. Music will be out next, great, divisional force. Oh wait...

The thing about even the old topics is that someone posts it again with a new date and it's new to someone hasn't seen it before, they check the date, maybe does or doesn't do a search, and reposts it as new. It happens, and it's something we should all try to look out for but sometimes miss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join