It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Does The Unthinkable During Muslim Prayer Time. OMG…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A US Soldier was found responsible for an insane act of… Americanism?

A video has emerged (we’ve included it below) of an American military member in Afghanistan. The still screen of the video shows a man, dressed in a tee shirt, shorts, and a red, white and blue head scarf, holding a red electric guitar.

Quite a different scene than the traditional image of a soldier dressed in his military clothing and holding his weapon of choice!

The video reveals that the man is standing on a rooftop in an unnamed location in Afghanistan. His guitar is buzzing loudly — people all around the rooftop would be able to hear the song that is being strummed on the instrument.

To everyone’s surprise, the soldier is playing the United States National Anthem!

To make the video even more patriotic, the camera eventually pans to an American flag being flown proudly in the background.

The person who posted the video stated that, “In a truly exceptional show of American patriotism, the soldier, decided to act out against the religion that has disrespected that world so much during the recent days [sic].”

And, what is more, the soldier played the anthem during a Muslim prayer time.

Link

That's how I feel about it right now.

+55 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

What an ass.

FLAME ME!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Phuck Yeah!

+38 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That sure is winning the hearts and minds of the local people....

+57 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And Americans wonder why people belonging to other cultures and nationalities have a somewhat generalised and negative perception of them being arrogant and obnoxious...

This was an immature thing to do, in my opinion.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That's tacky and disrespectful imo. I'm sure the majority who adhere to those daily prayer times aren't crazed fundamentalists.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

A US Soldier was found responsible for an insane act of… Americanism?

A video has emerged (we’ve included it below) of an American military member in Afghanistan. The still screen of the video shows a man, dressed in a tee shirt, shorts, and a red, white and blue head scarf, holding a red electric guitar.

Quite a different scene than the traditional image of a soldier dressed in his military clothing and holding his weapon of choice!

The video reveals that the man is standing on a rooftop in an unnamed location in Afghanistan. His guitar is buzzing loudly — people all around the rooftop would be able to hear the song that is being strummed on the instrument.

To everyone’s surprise, the soldier is playing the United States National Anthem!

To make the video even more patriotic, the camera eventually pans to an American flag being flown proudly in the background.

The person who posted the video stated that, “In a truly exceptional show of American patriotism, the soldier, decided to act out against the religion that has disrespected that world so much during the recent days [sic].”

And, what is more, the soldier played the anthem during a Muslim prayer time.

Link

That's how I feel about it right now.
he played it during a muslim prayer time?mean really is that something to boast about which it seems to be doing? don,t think its very smart atall.

+8 more 
link   
Call the wahhhmbulance. I don't really care.

+6 more 
link   

This was supposed to be satire.

Not anymore.

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
And Americans wonder why people belonging to other cultures and nationalities have a somewhat generalised and negative perception of them being arrogant and obnoxious...

This was an immature thing to do, in my opinion.

If you'll notice, not a Single Muslim was beheaded in that video.

(post by Xeven removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I loved it!

Thanks for posting.

Only thing I think might have been better is if he would have played the French anthem, or maybe both.
edit on 1 10 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Nevermind...not entertaining idiots.
edit on 10-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Meh, who gives a # what it's supposed to be.

Blasting any national anthem at any given time while over there is immature in my opinion. I don't care if the details are satirical, it's just an immature thing to do in general.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What about all the Muslims indiscriminately killed in our decade of long range drone attacks? Or do all those dead women and children not matter because you never had to look at their dead white eyes?

This is called a double standard. The killing needs to stop, on ALL sides.

(post by Xeven removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are two evils in Afghanistan
The fundamental evil of Islam and then there is the fundamental attitude that the US is right and the rest of the world is wrong
Those sorts of acts cause retribution

Patriotic? he is in an invading force in another peoples country, its not patriotic, its arrogance.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

There are two evils in Afghanistan
The fundamental evil of Islam and then there is the fundamental attitude that the US is right and the rest of the world is wrong
Those sorts of acts cause retribution

Patriotic? he is in an invading force in another peoples country, its not patriotic, its arrogance.

I agree lets go ahead and fight it out till one side is gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
He better run a razor across mug before 1st SGT sees him in PT gear playing outlawed tunes on outlawed bagpipes err guitar in unauthorized head gear

<<   2  3  4 >>

join