It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's College Cancels 'Vagina Monologues' Because It Excludes Women Without Vaginas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Cuervo

Well you just made it sound like a birth defect.

Either way, it isn't the problem of the play itself.

It is a birth defect, the problem is, the mind is who a person is, not the body. If the brain, which is the most important part of who a person is, is physically female, while the body is physically male. The core of the person, which is the brain is correct, and the body which just houses the core, is the defective part.

The problem is, the body can be changed to a limited degree but the brain cannot, so in order to be whole, we need to transition as much as possible so we can be as true to our core being as possible.

The body is the defect as it's the only part anything can be done about.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Attention!!!!

The profanity and name-calling end NOW!!!
Those who cannot post with respect will face further post removals, and possible posting bans.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: eisegesis
A vagina is useless without a penis, so as long as you've got something between your legs, you've got purpose. Michelle makes a fine living as a transgender.

Seriously? Ignorant c***.

If that is directed towards me, then you obviously substituted the word "vagina" for "woman" in my post. Please don't take it so serious. It wasn't necessarily a philosophical quote or anything. I'm sorry if I offend you.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The new perception suggests (doesn't prove) that everything in the biological build up as a human went wrong except the Brain.

& I don't buy it.

I can't be cured either... Gotta deal with it.

It is definitely comparible... Hearing voices is nothing to do with insanity & I never suggested that transgenderism was either...

Doesn't change that it's all to do with how the brain functions.

There is no Male or Female brain... That's robotic...
We all enjoy and detest different things & similar things whether Male or Female.

Besides which it all comes down to this "equality" nonsense...

Transgender can vote, they have free speech, & they have a right to Life...
That's is not inequality... Transgenders have the same rights as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I many places I can be fired for simply being trans, or not hired for simply being trans, ect. Just one example.

Try firing a black man anywhere in the us for being black. Just one example. You know, so you're aware.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Personally I don't think any of our brains are normal, whatever normal is, I don't know.

Especially after reading the forum today.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well I've no idea how it works where you're from, but here in the U.K that's not possible due to the Sex Discrimination Act!

transequality.org...

Nor in the United States.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I agree but only certain Brain defects can lead to suicidal thoughts.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Actually thank you. I know many of us have had trouble with this because many states do not have laws protecting our rights. I actually was not aware we were protected in this sense at the federal level. A lot of employers in many of the states that do not have such laws on their own books should be made more aware of this, as it's still a major problem with getting hired for transgendered in such states.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

No problem.

I did suspect that due to State Laws many would not know this.

That's the main reason I shared it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Thank you for your efforts.

I hate stuff like what happened here, not all of us are this ridiculous, most of us don't have such crazy demands. We just want to be ourselves in peace and go about our daily lives like everyone else. We don't want to rock the boat and get in people's faces, we just want to live without fear and with the same rights as everyone else.

Extreme and ridiculous acts like this harm us far more than it helps anything. I'm furious reading about this because, crap like this results in all of us getting painted with the crazy extremist brush with ridiculous demands and expectations, when in truth, we are for the most part, no different than anyone else in what we want. Stuff like this is more harmful to us than anything any bigot could do.

See, that's the thing.... I'm guessing that the crazies who think the the word "vagina" is offensive to transgender men/women are probably NOT the transgender. They're politically correct boobs (not the body part) who want the PC gold star on their forehead.

It would be like being offended when you watch Men In Black. Just because they have male body parts... that doesn't make them men.

What about sports teams? Can a guy self-identify as a woman and compete on the field hockey team?

WAIT... and this is at an "all girls" college?

WTF.... I'm still trying to get my head around this....

edit on 16-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Oh I agree, is most likely in large part not us. We, however, if you note some comments earlier, end up the ones getting targeted as a result of it, whether we instigated it or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Oh I agree, is most likely in large part not us. We, however, if you note some comments earlier, end up the ones getting targeted as a result of it, whether we instigated it or not.

In large part?

I bet you couldn't find one transgender person who would claim to be offended over the name "vagina monologues."

And if they were, they probably have a chip on their shoulder and they'd find something else to be offended by.

To me it really detracts from the REAL issues of mean-spirited harassment, discrimination, and bigotry transgenders face every day.

I'm really starting to think these PC colleges are truly insane. Not figure of speech insane, but truly have some mass insanity thing going on. Like the inmates running the asylum.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I tend to try and shy away from absolutes. Only reason I said in large part rather than none of us.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In the interest of political correctness, I propose that the author (if they're still alive) or a group of people edit the play in question and remove all instances of the word vagina. A more suitable replacement would be "Woman Part" or "Women Parts" depending on the context.

That way each person who hears the play can tailor the meaning of the term to their own preferences.

I'm personally offended there isn't a play called The Penis Monologues. As a man it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth knowing if I made a play like that people would flip out and call me a pig.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

There is no such thing as a Woman without a Vagina...

& anyone with a Penis is a God damned Man...

I really don't care what you identify with speak to Mental Health Services and push for a medication that alleviates the disorder...

But don't talk nonsense about discrimination & equality.

This is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but your statement simply isn't realistic.

I'm sorry to burst everyones bubble on the gay thing. But the reason why gay people exist. trans-gender people exist. Is because of Hermaphrodites.

Hermaphrodites are the far end of the gender confusion spectrum.

To the point where physiologically. Hermaphrodites are neither male nore female but both.

Gayness comes from that whole process. It is the less severe case in being both male and female.
Gayness comes from the fact that humans naturally are genderless, Gender is defined later in embyonic development.

So someone could have a brain that is developed towards a female well the hormons gear towards a male. Giving physiologically i guess an XXY chromosom? Who knows. I think that physiologically some people are gay. Well others, may chose it because their brain may be split among male and female. Causing someone who would of been hermaphrodite, to be a bisexual with a fully developed set of reproductive organs for male or female.

Some hermaphrodites can look very feminin and even have a vagina. But have internal male testicles that even have to possiblity of being fully functional.

Hermaphrodites can, If everything is in working order. reproduce A-Sexually in very rare cases.

Of course if a penis is in place, And there are internal olvaries. The individual cannot get pregnant but can be a mother to a child if the eggs in those olvaries are functional. It is possible to transport the egg to a carrier who will grow the baby for the individual.

It is also possible for say a woman with internal male testacles as long as they are functioning to extract sperm from it in order to fertilze an egg within a carrier.

Hermaphrodites can honestly look like any combination of male and female you can think of. From upper half male to lower half female. From upper half female to lower half male. Or both at the same time. or slightly one less than the other.

The less extreme instances. Being Homosexuality where as mentioned above. Sexuality is defined by what you like. Which is a brain thing, It all has to do with neurological chemical signals. Which are different for men and woman. Since gender has organs that require neuralogical centers in the brain in order to even function.

Sexuality is a very complicated thing, and so is biology. Hitlers worst nightmare is knowing that you can't create perfect human clones unless they are first generaltional test tube babies.

And even then, things are not 100%
edit on 16-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hermaphrodites are people that literally struggle in life. So i am going to have to agree with the *Trans-gender* Message here.

Because sure some people might be taking advantage of this system. But at the same time. it will add some comfort to some hermaphrodites out there that people are thinking about them as well.

it's not like their love live is a highlight of romance....

A lot of these individuals really do struggle with hard lives all over the globe. And i am genuinely humbled by the fact these people want to keep living despite how they rolled the dice of life.

Many still carry on as hardworking citizens who deserve to not be pushed into the man or lady crowd when they can proudly sit where they belong. Which is the middle. If it wasn't for hermaphrodites, then the division between men and woman would be much greater. And it would be much harder to revolve why a man would love another man and why a woman would love another woman. Keep in mind. That homosexuality will offend any hermaphrodite.

Just as much as talking about straight this straight that.

They are the kind of people that sit inbetween the mens and womans bathroom and break down and cry because of it....

No one should have to get emotional over taking a dump.

I really hope our society can be more supportive of these kinds of people.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
No one should have to get emotional over taking a dump.

I'm making this into a t-shirt. ahahaha

Should look up this word: Intersex

Currently, however, hermaphroditism is not to be confused with intersex, as the former refers only to a specific phenotypical presentation of sex organs and the latter to more complex combination of phenotypical and genotypical presentation.

It's mostly a language precision thing. Nothing like someone asking if you can have sex with yourself to make you spit coffee everywhere in the morning.

As for the play being cancelled, it's a single campus theatre board who want to put on content they find more inclusive. I imagine Atlas will still be holding up the sky in 24 hours or so even when their new version of monologues hits stage.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

There is no such thing as a Woman without a Vagina...

& anyone with a Penis is a God damned Man...

I really don't care what you identify with speak to Mental Health Services and push for a medication that alleviates the disorder...

But don't talk nonsense about discrimination & equality.

This is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but your statement simply isn't realistic.

I'm sorry to burst everyones bubble on the gay thing. But the reason why gay people exist. trans-gender people exist. Is because of Hermaphrodites.

Hermaphrodites are the far end of the gender confusion spectrum.

To the point where physiologically. Hermaphrodites are neither male nore female but both.

Gayness comes from that whole process. It is the less severe case in being both male and female.
Gayness comes from the fact that humans naturally are genderless, Gender is defined later in embyonic development.

So someone could have a brain that is developed towards a female well the hormons gear towards a male. Giving physiologically i guess an XXY chromosom? Who knows. I think that physiologically some people are gay. Well others, may chose it because their brain may be split among male and female. Causing someone who would of been hermaphrodite, to be a bisexual with a fully developed set of reproductive organs for male or female.

Some hermaphrodites can look very feminin and even have a vagina. But have internal male testicles that even have to possiblity of being fully functional.

Hermaphrodites can, If everything is in working order. reproduce A-Sexually in very rare cases.

Of course if a penis is in place, And there are internal olvaries. The individual cannot get pregnant but can be a mother to a child if the eggs in those olvaries are functional. It is possible to transport the egg to a carrier who will grow the baby for the individual.

It is also possible for say a woman with internal male testacles as long as they are functioning to extract sperm from it in order to fertilze an egg within a carrier.

Hermaphrodites can honestly look like any combination of male and female you can think of. From upper half male to lower half female. From upper half female to lower half male. Or both at the same time. or slightly one less than the other.

The less extreme instances. Being Homosexuality where as mentioned above. Sexuality is defined by what you like. Which is a brain thing, It all has to do with neurological chemical signals. Which are different for men and woman. Since gender has organs that require neuralogical centers in the brain in order to even function.

Sexuality is a very complicated thing, and so is biology. Hitlers worst nightmare is knowing that you can't create perfect human clones unless they are first generaltional test tube babies.

And even then, things are not 100%

Now you're opening up a can of worms.

Hermaphrodites can sue every state that defines marriage as a man and woman, or man and man or woman and woman.

All definitions involving men and women are discriminatory towards hermaphrodites.

So are public bathrooms, locker rooms, and college sports teams subsidized by federal money until Title IX.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My wife said it best: It's about people WITH vaginas.
There stand doesnt really make sense

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join