It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's College Cancels 'Vagina Monologues' Because It Excludes Women Without Vaginas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The problem is not the play but the student who obviously has issues with their own self value.
If your offended leave the play and watch something else that panders to your own values.

Don't deny others the right to enjoy a production based on your own selfish attitude!

link   

The problem is not the play but the student who obviously has issues with their own self value.
If your offended leave the play and watch something else that panders to your own values.

Don't deny others the right to enjoy a production based on your own selfish attitude!

link   
Whoops - double post

edit on 16-1-2015 by LittleGreenAlien because: double post

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

There is no such thing as a Woman without a Vagina...

I really don't care what you identify with speak to Mental Health Services and push for a medication that alleviates the disorder...

This is ridiculous.

No, what you are saying is ridiculous. The biggest sex organ is the brain, not the penis nor vagina. There is no medication that "alleviates" gender dysphoria; it's a terminal condition that results in suicide a great percentage of the time. The only "cure" is to actually make the transition. Not every transitioning woman has the means or funds to facilitate and actual gender reassignment surgery. I know women with penises that are far more of a woman than many I know who were born with a vagina.

To treat such a thing with casual "just fix it and quit crying" attitudes is pretty lame. It's a real thing. These women aren't just a bunch of perverts who "chose" a life if alienation and prejudice. (the female-to-male dysphoria folks are also in the same boat)

As far as the banning of the play, I don't agree with that. It's called the vagina monologues, not the "woman" monologues. I'm with most of you on this being a stupid situation. I think banning any work of art is a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am a transsexual woman and I agree this is ridiculous.

And no I have no intention to get into debates with people about their insistence that I'm a man tonight, so please don't bother engaging me on the subject.

Just wanted to make sure people know that not all of us are this crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I have zero patience for this silly LBGT movement and their stupid demands than now effect the rest of us.

And yet they wish us too be tolerant?? HOW when their movement curtails our enjoyment of life. If they don't like something then dont go.

I don't like gay marriage so I will not marry a gay person...simple!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Listen I hear voices, it's terminal, I didn't choose it, it often makes me suicidal & I am stuck with medication for the rest of my Life...

It's a Brain Chemistry thing...

This is no different, it's Brain wiring that has malfunctioned...
& I personally don't give a rats arse about perceived "equality" in these cases.

If they're born with a Penis, they're a Man.
The Brain isn't always right!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

I have zero patience for this silly LBGT movement and their stupid demands than now effect the rest of us.

And yet they wish us too be tolerant?? HOW when their movement curtails our enjoyment of life. If they don't like something then dont go.

I don't like gay marriage so I will not marry a gay person...simple!!

Every group, even those without a group have their bad apples and idiots that push for stupid crap. What separates the crazies from the aware, is the ability to separate the whacko extremist pricks and their whacko extremists policies from the regular people that happen to fall into the same technical grouping as them. Some LBGT requests and needs are reasonable and necessary. At minimum we should have the same constitution rights and protections given to us as has been given to others. We don't even have that yet.

I agree ridiculous stuff is ridiculous, but no one pretend we've made it anywhere near where we should be. Is frustrating to me that all this ridiculous stuff manages to get a hold, while all the important stuff is still in limbo. The wrong changes keep happening. So sick of all the whacko extremes pushing stupid crap when we still don't even have basic rights in several areas.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

(post by ~Lucidity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Listen I hear voices, it's terminal, I didn't choose it, it often makes me suicidal & I am stuck with medication for the rest of my Life...

It's a Brain Chemistry thing...

This is no different, it's Brain wiring that has malfunctioned...
& I personally don't give a rats arse about perceived "equality" in these cases.

If they're born with a Penis, they're a Man.
The Brain isn't always right!

That's the thing, though... there are no medications to "cure" it. There are no options other than suicide or transitioning. In this case, it's the body that's wrong, not the brain.

During development, there are three critical moments that influence a fetus gender. Those three moments don't always side with the same gender. That is often how gender dysphoria begins. It's a horrible feeling and, like I said, many don't live long enough to get a proper diagnosis and are often diagnosed through a suicide letter.

My point is that your condition is not comparable to this. Gender dysphoria is not insanity.

Like I said though, it doesn't matter. The Vagina Monologues are no more discriminatory against transgendered folks than gynecologists are. It's stupid to be offended over such an empowering play.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I agree with you some what but it is just not true in all cases. To be more specific i say look to the mamory glands.

My view is that spirits are some male and some female. God put us in the bodies we are in and we should just strive to be ourselves without any mutalation of our bodies.

Yes some dudes are fem and some chicks are masculine.

I also feel strongly that the first human here on earth was a mix between male and female. I think the term is shemale.

If you look at it from a dna stand point they have evrything needed for life and everything encoded in there dna to create a female and a male.

edit on 16-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well you just made it sound like a birth defect.

Either way, it isn't the problem of the play itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

you gotta quit!
Why does it have eyes?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thank you for your efforts.

I hate stuff like what happened here, not all of us are this ridiculous, most of us don't have such crazy demands. We just want to be ourselves in peace and go about our daily lives like everyone else. We don't want to rock the boat and get in people's faces, we just want to live without fear and with the same rights as everyone else.

Extreme and ridiculous acts like this harm us far more than it helps anything. I'm furious reading about this because, crap like this results in all of us getting painted with the crazy extremist brush with ridiculous demands and expectations, when in truth, we are for the most part, no different than anyone else in what we want. Stuff like this is more harmful to us than anything any bigot could do.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't think this topic is going to end well either, can't we talk about bunnies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join