It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's College Cancels 'Vagina Monologues' Because It Excludes Women Without Vaginas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It is a birth defect, the problem is, the mind is who a person is, not the body. If the brain, which is the most important part of who a person is, is physically female, while the body is physically male. The core of the person, which is the brain is correct, and the body which just houses the core, is the defective part

Hello Puppylove, I know this is a little off topic from the thread, but I thought I would share this with you.

Although there are possibly physiological explanations for the cause of gay and transgender variations in the human condition. I have come to believe there is a metaphysical explanation that puts everything into perspective.

I am a student of esoterics and reincarnation for me is an absolute reality, not just because it makes complete sense to me but also because I have vague memories from a previous life.

We are reborn many thousands of times as human beings, as different races and sexual orientations to experience everything it means to be human.

We are born as males and females alternating in a series of male incarnations and female incarnations.

The reason we are born as female for a number of lives and then male for a number of lives as opposed to alternating each lifetime is because of the difficulty experienced when we are reborn into the body of the opposite sex from the series we have just experienced.

This transition between genders is something we all experience many times over during the multiple lives we live and it is considered to be one of the tougher life experiences that we may have. It is an important step in our spiritual growth and something we have agreed upon at some level.

When our physical body dies, over time our subtle bodies dissolve. This can be over a few years or hundred of years, but we eventually lose consciousness of our after life and then we sleep in our causal envelope awaiting our new birth.

Each life, our new body is a fresh organism but we retain a latent memory of our previous lives, most particularly the last one we had. The way latent memory works is through a strong intuition or drive that allows us to quickly acquire skills, talents or knowledge that we have mastered during our previous lifetime.

Savants, child prodigies and sexual disorientation are all examples of latent memory and from my understanding it can take a few incarnations to realigne itself with regards to gender.

I think the sooner people understand this ancient esoteric truth, the quicker we will all become more tolerant towards our fellow beings.

edit on 17-1-2015 by kennyb72 because: clarity

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
This is just the beginning.

I would in advance, Like to apologize for having a penis.

🍻

there is a penis monologues comedy which I have seen, so don't feel left out

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Are you kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me? I have a couple of trans friends, but not a single one of them would want a piece of performance art to be banned from their local playhouse or auditorium, out of some misguided fear of upsetting them! They want the right to go about without people feeling free to abuse them in the street, not to infringe on the rights of artistes and patrons of the arts!

Good grief!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Generalization is like killing any argument to prevent discussion. We are so used to define illness, disorders, pathologies that we have an explaination for everything and we collect statistics about things like suicidal rates to justify other useless actions.
We define male/female, man/woman based on the concept of different sex gender, but what is sex and what is gender? Is it the way you look? The way you was born? The way you dress up? The persons you love and/or are attracted too?
Ad how we define "normal","ill" or whatever else? Biochemistry is the most scientific way, but is it the right way or is it just a way to put somebody in a category and stick concepts into it?

Everyone is an individual, some individuals are similar, some have outside penis and some have vaginas, some have both. Some love the same "gender", some the other. We live in a world where some people think only "normals" deserve to have rights, while others think that "non normals" people should have more rights than "normals" because they are at risk or have been repressed, or have a birth defect of some kind (a deviation from "normal").

Are we really sure the suicide rate of transgender isn't in great part caused by the external pressure rather than psychophysical other factors? If so, by how much? Because I'm pretty sure I have no problems with my body being a slim white male in the place I live. But people's reaction to me is normal, despite I'm pretty sure being slim is not normal nowadays in most of the western countries.
So I feel its very weak to invent a protection for some individuals in the form of "you are at risk of suicide so we must protect you" and "your illness can't be cured so we feel for you".
If we go down this way we should justify every person that feels bad about his fit and isn't able to reach the ideal fit.

We should fix the society that does all this pressure on some individuals rather than creating more anxiety and segregation by using poltically correctness in silly ways. It does create a barrier, sticks a "non-normal" label on top of certain individuals and angers "normals" that feels they aren't treated equally.

I think most of the "hate" for trans is because of a sort of fear by men that one day that could date a girl with a penis and get mad with it (mostly because they would feel ashamed of feeling or being treated like a gay). Our society is sick in this way, but we aren't fixing it, we are putting more pressures on individuals that would just want to live THEIR normal lives. Of course it is even more complicate than gay, since "normals" feel they can be potentially chated, which is an absurd concern.

I'd stand up against PC every single day of my life. It's the biggest lie to cover up the willingness to continue, if not further increase, the discrimination of some individuals. Censorship is bad however you put it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Are you kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me? I have a couple of trans friends, but not a single one of them would want a piece of performance art to be banned from their local playhouse or auditorium, out of some misguided fear of upsetting them! They want the right to go about without people feeling free to abuse them in the street, not to infringe on the rights of artistes and patrons of the arts!

Good grief!

I'm not sure if it's like this in the U.K., but college campi in the U.S. have become "no go" zones for rational thinking. Instead, everything centers around being politically correct.

So no, not kidding you. It's the same thinking that causes people to be insulted when somebody says "all lives matter."

Their social power comes from being in the minority, and being offended. Once "offended" they claim the moral high ground and determine the agenda. Happens all the time, every day here.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
it would be really cool if the transgender folks around there would stand up and say something in defense of this play, for a show of solidarity, or something... maybe it will happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
it would be really cool if the transgender folks around there would stand up and say something in defense of this play, for a show of solidarity, or something... maybe it will happen.

That would be fun to watch.

And how about just some adult standing up in defense of common sense?

Think this through.

Women with vaginas have banned a show out of fear that it might offend males with penises (as opposed to females without penises who identify as males) who identify as females because the anatomical identifier typically used to identify a female (a vagina) is used metaphorically by a playwright with a vagina to describe living life as somebody with a vagina.

Further, the males with penises who identify as women might be offended because it is hurtful to imply that they must have a vagina in order to be a woman.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
upon reading about this my brain started to hurt....bad....is this the brain cramp ive been hearing about?

seriously, i have no problem against anybodys sexual orientation, but when things get this rediculous i cant stand it!

i mean, trans people out there are really offended that badly by this?! they need to grow the hell up. and ill probably catch a lot of junk for this next statement, but i swear it feels like some sort of fad to be gay nowadays.

sorry, just had to get that off my chest. once again im not against LGBT but this is just stupid.

the more productive thing would be for these people to write their own play/story about transexualism and even vaginas if they want in order to reach out to the people about their views on things.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What about feminists?

Nevermind, I looked up feminism, and I learned something new today. They just "appear" to be manly. No, but seriously, whatever excuse one can use to ban this embarrassment of theatre, is always a good thing.

edit on 18-1-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

That was too vague for me to comprehend what you want to know.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: whyamIhere
This is just the beginning.

I would in advance, Like to apologize for having a penis.

🍻

there is a penis monologues comedy which I have seen, so don't feel left out

LOL. You apologized for having a penis? I really hope you're joking. Surely no one is that whipped. You are right? Joking?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

That was too vague for me to comprehend what you want to know.

It was just a comedic reference to the statement of a "woman without a vagina".....feminists. Because they act like men, and I couldn't tell the difference between them and men.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

LoL fair enough Technician!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Women's College Cancels 'Vagina Monologues' Because It Excludes Women Without Vaginas

And I thought Oxford banning pork related words was stupid.

They actually manage to set the bar lower.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ok, this reminds me of the "man who had a baby."
Taking hormones and growing a beard does NOT make you a man.
That person is not now nor ever has been or ever will be a woman, until they remove the penis and replace it with a vagina, and getting pregnant is kind of the opposite of that.
I don't care what people "identify" with, you are what you are until you actually change it.
I know many a white person who "identifies" more with the black community, but getting a tan doesn't change your race, and just saying "I'm a woman" doesn't make you a woman if you have a penis!
Have you ever gotten your period? Then you are not a woman.
Have you ever been kicked in the balls? Then you are not a man.
Are you pregnant? Not a man.
The use of the word "transphobic" is ridiculous. It's not a phobia to point out the obvious and say,
"I'm sorry, but you are simply not a woman. Use the other restroom, please."

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am pretty liberal in the true meaning of the word, with a mix of conservatism and libertarianism, looking for a common sense balance between individual expression, action and freedom with social responsibility and goodwill.

But when it comes to (some) of this chicken-poop accommodation to the too easily offended... I disagree.

The most heinous views and communication of such views is the most important part of free speech and living in a really free society .. .and if an argument/viewpoint cannot stand on it's own merits and is shut down by self appointed nannies (or mental slave owners) then I heartily disapprove.

Bad or/and good offensive art, especially, needs to be freely expressed... though the V Monologs are insufferable.... but that ain't the point.

Get your slaver's whips off our minds, please. Oh.. and women rock, but I'm glad both sexes' private parts do not usually give hours long speeches... but people should be able to hear them should they desire.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And I thought Oxford banning pork related words was stupid.

They actually manage to set the bar lower.

Holy Bacon Bits Batman!!!

What's going to happen if somebody shows The Muppets Movie with Miss Piggy!?!?!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah. The walls are closing in around us... Eventually we cant do or say anything because somebody might be offended. This reminds me of 1984 where they try to eliminate as many words as possible. So they have a dictionary with less than 1,000 words that they can use. (my estimate) It's doubleplusgood!
It's not a vagina, its a concave biological replicator...?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Puppetry of the Penis?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join