It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Sounds more like an undercover sting...

Planning a crime with potential criminals and then swooping in is entrapment.

The hooker situation is like the drug bust examples...
Cop has money, says he'll buy drugs, makes an arrest when the drugs appear... Sting!

Cop sits with a criminal, plans a bank heist, funds it, makes arrest when it starts... Entrapment!

I think*...

Maybe Shamrock will be able to confirm or deny!
edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Every time the parents of a suspect are interviewed, they say "he's a good boy!" "Wouldn't hurt nobody!"
I'm taking the parents opinion with a grain of salt. Not that I trust the government either.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Father claims the FBI gave the kid the money for the guns.

Weak minded kid that needed some mental help.

I guess the FBI needed a statistic.

This is a terrible pattern of exploiting the weakest minds among us.

This kid wasn't smart enough to plot anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I see a lot of people are quick to shun the FBI and back the guy with very little details. You are the same people who would be blaming the government for not stopping this guy if he followed through with a terrorist attack that affected your family.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

Sarcasm noted.

However…

The important question is, would this disenfranchised 20-year old have entertained violent action without the nudging of an FBI operative?

According to the FBI they made contact with him after he'd already made at least one comment about entertaining said thoughts, I thought? My take away so far is that a CI told the FBI about comments this dude had made. What I haven't seen is what comments were made before the CI contacted the FBI, and what came after the FBI got involved.

It's a fair question, but at least some comment/comments had already been made is my understanding.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's odd that the "Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah" Twitter account was apparently disabled faster than the compromised CentCom account earlier this week.

There's no latent record of the account to be found anywhere online. Typically Google will cache premalinks to Twitter accounts long after the account is disabled. There's none to be found.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They arrested somebody else who gave up this guy.

The whole thing stinks. They probably let the real criminal go.

Fang less Internet rantings.
edit on 15-1-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds more like an undercover sting...

Planning a crime with potential criminals and then swooping in is entrapment.

The hooker situation is like the drug bust examples...
Cop has money, says he'll buy drugs, makes an arrest when the drugs appear... Sting!

Cop sits with a criminal, plans a bank heist, funds it, makes arrest when it starts... Entrapment!

I think*...

Maybe Shamrock will be able to confirm or deny!

The key element in entrapment is that somebody got the person to do something they wouldn't ordinarily have done, and used "extreme" measures to do so. That's why an undercover saying he wants to buy drugs from a known drug dealer and then an arrest being made when the drugs are shown is not entrapment.

Extreme measures can be violence, the threat of violence, and any number of other things.

Bottom line is that offering somebody the opportunity to break the law isn't entrapment. Courts expect a person to resist the chance to break the law. If they're dragged kicking and screaming into breaking the law, that's entrapment.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm not to familiar with Twitter, but maybe the CentCom account just needed more administration to shut down than someone's user account?
edit on 15-1-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

It's odd that the "Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah" Twitter account was apparently disabled faster than the compromised CentCom account earlier this week.

There's no latent record of the account to be found anywhere online. Typically Google will cache premalinks to Twitter accounts long after the account is disabled. There's none to be found.

To be honest I really don't get Twitter or anything about it. Don't have it, never had it, don't really get it. So nothing you said makes a lot of sense to me.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, just pretty much totally ignorant about Twitter and Tweets and blah blah blah

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is amazing how many families of criminals say, "He was just beginning to turn his life around", or some such...even when he is caught with a firearm or a load of drugs.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

If you aren't on some kind of watchlist, you obviously aren't doing something right.

I filed a Freedom of Information request to the FBI to see my file so to speak.
I got it and it was over 100 pages long.

Remember that whole, "We can totally check your library checkout list without a warrant" part of the Patriot Act?
They weren't kidding.

#, just by posting on this site, there's a watchlist. Anything that has to do with alternative theories to history, watchlist. Anything to do with anti government rhetoric? Watchlist.

It doesn't mean that anything will come from the watchlists, maybe an actual human will check it. They'll totally pry into every piece of private information you have and they'll try to make up connections. IF that doesn't work, your name is thrown onto the pile of potential terrorists and nothing happens after that.

Or sometimes, someone scoops you up into a black van at 3 in the morning and the next thing you know, there's blood on your hands, a loaded gun, and you hear police sirens coming closer.

They all the time and money in the world to make sure potential enemies are taken care of. But what happens when soemone uses that very power against them.
After all, the most effective martial arts moves are all about using your opponent against himself.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And most of those caught doing anti-American or criminal acts are liberal 'demo-craps'.. to use the vernacular of Singapore EXPAT888.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Pretty sure this is how the narcotics officers work as well. I say good on the FBI for catching this guy before some massacre hits the front pages.

That's right, they sit at the entrance of a neighborhood and wait for people who they know don't belong there and bust them when they are leaving instead of going to the place where they know the drugs are being sold. So it looks like they are doing something.

link   

Entrapment by definition has to involve coercion to do something the target otherwise wouldnt have. Theoretically speaking, if all they did was offer (without pressure), it wouldn't be considered as such.

I gotta agree with Shamrock, if someone offers you drugs or paid sex or a terrorist plot, all you gotta do is refuse

I should add, that even so its not right. They should put the money from these shady doings put it into mental health and social welfare programs. That would stop more terrorism than their ego-masturbatory programs designed to make them look competent.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
I'm not to familiar with Twitter, but maybe the CentCom account just needed more administration to shut down than someone's user account?

Disabling an account requires intervention from Twitter support, which is notoriously slow.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

It's called working up the chain. You gotta start somewhere right? Back to the topic on hand though...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

2) I liked one of the comments in the link: FBI - here's a bunch of money, go buy guns and come up with a plan to kill people

Person talking to FBI - no.

kind of woulda killed that off pretty quick, yea?

You leave out the fact that minipulation is possible to do. If it started and ended with such a simple conversation then we would not see such events. The tactic they use is the same as what other predators will use. First they target those that fit a certain mental profile then through a series of indoctrination they use persistence to create a false reality where they have answered every single reason that the victim uses in everyday life to keep going with the flow.

The method is used by pimps,drug dealers,terrorist and the u.s. government. It is known that humans can be broken down in their beliefs and givin only enough information to carry out task. We may not know yet for sure in this case but if you research the past of the fbi's so called interceptions of terrorist suspects you will find they are mostly groomed by the fbi to complete the numbers needed ti keep their funding and to keep a certain impression put forth upon the masses that are also going through programming of their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

Entrapment by definition has to involve coercion to do something the target otherwise wouldnt have. Theoretically speaking, if all they did was offer (without pressure), it wouldn't be considered as such.

I gotta agree with Shamrock, if someone offers you drugs or paid sex or a terrorist plot, all you gotta do is refuse

what a load you just spewed.
this is the kinda mental programming i just posted about.
in no way are paid sex and drugs on the same level of killing people.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There's an interesting new twist to the arrest of Christopher Lee Cornell, who was arrested for plotting an attack at a national landmark, and kill a government official. While initial stories that came out indicate the FBI "was watching" Christopher, recent details actually reveal it was an FBI sting operation.

Dad Accuses FBI of Setting Up 'Mommy's Boy' Son in Bomb Plot

The FBI first noticed Cornell several months ago, after an informant notified the agency that Cornell was allegedly voicing support for violent “jihad” on Twitter accounts under the alias, “Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah,” according to charging documents. In addition, Cornell allegedly posted statements, videos and other content expressing support for ISIS – the terrorist group also known as ISIL – that is wreaking havoc in Iraq and Syria.

John Cornell, Sr., Christopher's father, said his son could never come up with a terror plot of his own, and that the FBI is responsible for putting thoughts of violence in his head over the course of at least two secret meetings with an informant in Cincinnati. Each meeting lasted at least two days, on the last meeting, the plot to launch an attach in Washington, DC was hatched.

Christopher apparently bought nearly $2,000 worth of weaponry: two semi-automatic rifles and 600 rounds of ammunition (in addition to pipe bomb materials). However, Christopher's father said his son didn't more than $1,200 in his bank account -- the money had to have come from the FBI

So, it appears that based on the disenfranchised tweets of a 20-year old suburban young man; the FBI can swoop in under the guise of a like-minded militant, nudge that person toward violent intent, supply that person with the tools for violence, and then claim victory when an arrest is made and terror plot foiled.

Pathetic.

How many of us here have expressed angry discontent over the operations of our government and law enforcement? How many of us have taken to social media to further rage our long running grievances? What would it take for over-zealous federal agents, anxious to demonstrate their worth, to classify some of us as sympathizers to enemies of the state?

Dangerous times my friends… dangerous times.

Wait wait wait.. He was urging people to kill americans... So they did a sting operation to see if he would go through with it, which he WAS going through with it. That's O.K. in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join