It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There's an interesting new twist to the arrest of Christopher Lee Cornell, who was arrested for plotting an attack at a national landmark, and kill a government official. While initial stories that came out indicate the FBI "was watching" Christopher, recent details actually reveal it was an FBI sting operation.

Dad Accuses FBI of Setting Up 'Mommy's Boy' Son in Bomb Plot

The FBI first noticed Cornell several months ago, after an informant notified the agency that Cornell was allegedly voicing support for violent “jihad” on Twitter accounts under the alias, “Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah,” according to charging documents. In addition, Cornell allegedly posted statements, videos and other content expressing support for ISIS – the terrorist group also known as ISIL – that is wreaking havoc in Iraq and Syria.

John Cornell, Sr., Christopher's father, said his son could never come up with a terror plot of his own, and that the FBI is responsible for putting thoughts of violence in his head over the course of at least two secret meetings with an informant in Cincinnati. Each meeting lasted at least two days, on the last meeting, the plot to launch an attach in Washington, DC was hatched.

Christopher apparently bought nearly $2,000 worth of weaponry: two semi-automatic rifles and 600 rounds of ammunition (in addition to pipe bomb materials). However, Christopher's father said his son didn't more than $1,200 in his bank account -- the money had to have come from the FBI

So, it appears that based on the disenfranchised tweets of a 20-year old suburban young man; the FBI can swoop in under the guise of a like-minded militant, nudge that person toward violent intent, supply that person with the tools for violence, and then claim victory when an arrest is made and terror plot foiled.

Pathetic.

How many of us here have expressed angry discontent over the operations of our government and law enforcement? How many of us have taken to social media to further rage our long running grievances? What would it take for over-zealous federal agents, anxious to demonstrate their worth, to classify some of us as sympathizers to enemies of the state?

Dangerous times my friends… dangerous times.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Had figured he was the patsy of the week .. uncle scam has a habit of setting them up ... gotta keep up the fear levels and justify the "war on terror" and to shred what little remains of the constitution all in the name of "national security" for the publics own good .. gotta love freedumb and dumbocracy ..

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well if his dad said he couldn't have done it then case closed I guess?....

Damned evil governments

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

2) I liked one of the comments in the link: FBI - here's a bunch of money, go buy guns and come up with a plan to kill people
Person talking to FBI - no.

kind of woulda killed that off pretty quick, yea?
edit on 15-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: rearranged things so they were less run-onish

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am totally okay with this. Nobody made Christopher Lee Cornell voice his support for violent “jihad” on Twitter. Likewise, nobody forced him to take each progressive step along the way leading up to his arrest. This is how you catch people before that can follow through with a violent act that takes innocent lives. If it hadn't been the FBI, it would have been a legitimate terrorist that moved in to recruit Cornell and assist him in following through with "jihad". It is these types of FBI stings that make people with similar intentions take pause and question whom they are plotting with and/or if it is even worth the risk.

Simple rule of thumb: Don't plot, conspire to do, or carry out illegal acts and you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Pretty sure this is how the narcotics officers work as well. I say good on the FBI for catching this guy before some massacre hits the front pages.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

They need patsies, pawns and PR ops here and there to divert your eyes from the true criminals, operating under a parallel and illegitimate "justice" system.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Like I'm sure Adam Lanza's Mom thought he was a sweet kid - a little weird, but totally non-violent.

Sometimes you don't know what's going on in your child's head. Sometimes, we deny because we don't want to believe the worst of our own children.

I don't know if this was a set-up or not, but I'm not going to jump right on the father's bandwagon without a little more info.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

Sarcasm noted.

However…

The important question is, would this disenfranchised 20-year old have entertained violent action without the nudging of an FBI operative?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Plausible. It's just like when the female cops dress up like hookers and solicit guys on the street, then the marked units roll up and arrest the potential customer. Obviously a grander scheme here, but the blueprint is basically the same. Gives them something to do and amps up fear at the same time.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure a great many people consider and act out massively violent actions without any influence from the FBI....WTH this is satire right?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

edit on 15-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: dastardly double post

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Plausible. It's just like when the female cops dress up like hookers and solicit guys on the street, then the marked units roll up and arrest the potential customer. Obviously a grander scheme here, but the blueprint is basically the same. Gives them something to do and amps up fear at the same time.

I thought that was called entrapment and illegal...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Had figured he was the patsy of the week .. uncle scam has a habit of setting them up ... gotta keep up the fear levels and justify the "war on terror" and to shred what little remains of the constitution all in the name of "national security" for the publics own good .. gotta love freedumb and dumbocracy ..

The setup provides cover for the administration to focus on so called "domestic" extremism which will end up prime focus rather than what's really the threat.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ha Ha...What a idiot.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The other aspect to look at is that should the FBI pound down the door or everyone who states on 'Social Media' they are against the government/wanting jihad/etc or should they use stings like this?

Many of these are blowhards looking for friends to voice their ideals to or look tough. Someone tipped this guy off to the FBI. An informant. FBI sends the informant back and the guy seems serious. Swoop in.

Every parent will say their child is an angel. HIs parents should have know he was posting under the name Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah and not his given name. Also, once again, as so many times before, the name Al-Awlaki pops up. Follow the money. He had moved out of his families house and in with a friend who gave him a job. Not the informant so who is it? Starting hanging around a mosque..etc...etc..etc.

Islam takes those who seek who are disenfranchised and uses them like this...around the world. One day the FBI will not be able to stop one and more violence will occur.

and to answer the question of would a 20 year old act out without provocation...Start with white males 15-25 shooting up schools, malls and movie theaters...

or this woman...www.cnn.com...

edit on 01am31amf0000002015-01-15T10:49:51-06:001051 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 01am31amf0000002015-01-15T10:51:06-06:001006 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Watched this on the news this morning. From the facts given then, he went to a gun store, legally purchased two (M16's as reported by dumbass news idiots) and was tackled and arrested outside the gun store by the FBI.

Now, it all sounds nice and simple, but, from a outside looking in perspective, what was his crime at this point? (I totally get he was claiming "jihad" and probably a wanna-be terrorist) But, he tweeted some stuff that any three to four year old would know puts you on a watch list. Then he went to a gun store and LEGALLY purchased two guns and a bunch of ammo. It just seems way to easy. Was he alone? Why two guns?

Not ready to jump on with his Dad that he was a misunderstood sweet kid, but this sounds silly to say the least.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Probably...

& look at it like this, the father based this on his bank account...
Which, well, isn't exactly proof...

He could have made up the other 400 quite easily doing things that "sweet kids" do behind their parent's backs.

What concerns me more than the blatant entrapment...
How many attacks that have occurred & failed to be prevented had an initial push and shove from an Alphabet Agency???

If he had gone through with this all we'd here is False Flag denial, imo!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just so happened
I was watching CNN
when they phone interviewed the father
came to the same conclusion...

then thought what are they gonna
use this for ...

see if ya can guess by watching this
ABC on Yahoo
they are gonna try every angle
I swear

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This happens much more often than the general public is aware of.

I touched on this quite awhile ago in this thread from 2012:
Another FBI-created 'terrorist'

Same type of scenario:

Undercover FBI agents talked the kid into blowing up a car bomb outside a bar in Chicago, provided him with the bomb and an accomplice (an undercover agent) then arrested him when he pushed the button to detonate the phony bomb.

If someone does not have the fully-developed means or motive for terrorism, by all means the FBI will be happy to get you where you are going. They should call it the Pre-crime Encouragement Program.

edit on 1/15/2015 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join