It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Me thinks your missing the point here.

How about the Federal B I catching some real terrorists instead of duping gullible wannabes?

Maybe, just maybe there aren't any to catch.

Oh well, they need to justify stripping us of our rights and freedoms (via the Patriot Act, DHS, TSA, NDAA etc.) some how, right!

edit on 1/15/2015 by dezertdog because: added content

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The tactic they use is the same as what other predators will use. First they target those that fit a certain mental profile then through a series of indoctrination they use persistence to create a false reality where they have answered every single reason that the victim uses in everyday life to keep going with the flow.

It is known that humans can be broken down in their beliefs and givin only enough information to carry out task.

You have some sources? I only ask because you're stating this like its a fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
how soon we forget the lessons of the far off past, or the recent past.

Arrest and trial
On October 19, 1982, DeLorean was charged with trafficking in coc aine by the U.S. government, following a videotaped sting operation in which he was recorded by undercover Federal agents agreeing to bankroll a $1.8 million, 100 kg coc aine smuggling operation in exchange for a $24 million cut of the eventual profits. The government was tipped off to DeLorean by confidential informant James Timothy Hoffman, a former neighbor, who reported to his FBI superiors that DeLorean had approached him to ask about setting up a coc aine deal; in reality, Hoffman had called DeLorean and suggested the deal (which DeLorean then accepted) as part of his efforts to receive a reduced sentence on a 1981 Federal coc aine trafficking charge that he was awaiting trial on. Hoffman (whose name was redacted on the original indictment) also stated that he was aware of DeLorean's financial troubles before he contacted him, and had heard him admit that he needed $17 million "in a hurry" to prevent DMC's imminent insolvency.
Taken together, these two elements allowed DeLorean to successfully defend himself at trial with the procedural defense of police entrapment. Despite video and audio evidence clearly showing him negotiating over the particulars of the deal and referring to a suitcase full of coc aine as "good as gold," his lawyers successfully argued that the FBI and DEA had unfairly targeted and illegally entrapped John DeLorean when they allowed Hoffman (an active FBI informant who only knew DeLorean casually) to randomly elicit DeLorean into a criminal conspiracy simply because he was known to be financially vulnerable. Another factor was DeLorean's lack of criminal history, whereas Hoffman was a career criminal who stood to directly benefit if he was able to convince DeLorean to incriminate himself on tape. The DeLorean defense team did not call any witnesses. DeLorean was found not guilty on August 16, 1984,[20] but by then DMC had already collapsed into bankruptcy and DeLorean's reputation as a businessman was irrevocably tarnished. When asked after his acquittal if he planned to resume his career in the auto industry, DeLorean bitterly quipped "Would you buy a used car from me?"[3]
John DeLorean

and this thread posted on Jan14,
Informant Lies Results In One Death During No-Knock Raid

how do we know the original informants motivation for contacting the FBI. were they someone who knew and had a grudge against the kid, were they someone who got pissed at reading his tweets, were they some goody goody two shoes who goes around report tweets that they think are wrong or suspect. there is so much wrong here, i m could go on and on about why someone wanted to inform on someone.

as we see in two examples above which if investigated i'm sure there are countless more, that leo agencies act on tips that come from questionable sources, and will go after someone on unfounded evidence. they will go to lengths to entrapped someone. lets not forget that it has been alleged that the FBI has done this before with terror suspects. push them to do something that they may not have done other wise. i mean they have been watching him since last fall, why not watch him longer and then and only then if he showed action in doing it arrest him. not send in "informants " to egg him on. someone tweeting sh@@ is not the sharpest tool in the shed and would be easy to watch and catch.

don't get me wrong, if the kid said i got the means to do this and i'm thinking about doing it, i say go after him but to wait a year and goad them on that's something else all together.
edit on 15-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Well if his dad said he couldn't have done it then case closed I guess?....

Damned evil governments

Well, this isn't the first time the FBI has been accused of doing this. And, typically, the "plot" is revealed during a heightened alert timeframe.

It's kind of comical if it wasn't so freaking scary.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Sources? How about dating and bad relationships to start with? I find it odd that you want sources to prove to you that controlling the enviroment and information surrounding a person could effect the state of someones mind. The jonestown massacre could be a good place to start or how about religion? Life is full of different sets of indictrination.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ok so no sources...got it!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Be specific please. What are you wanting sources for? I gave you references to some instances of mind minipulation. Are you looking for some data from medical sources? Do you want more instances of forms of mental control? The google box can produce pretty much whatever info one is wanting these days just as easy as one can claim this or that about levels of creditibality of sources. The game you choose to play here is a tool of minipulation in itself but sadly one will have to make an effort to want to overcome the mental situation they find thereselves in. Often people have to ask for help from a higher power before they begin to break down the walls that have been built around them. Control is and has always been necessary for ruling over people.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How about we just take your mind manipulation conspiracy out of the picture and just say if he wasn't interested in being a terrorist, he would have never met the FBI agents.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So you're implying that, assuming this rambling father, who said he will stick by his son no matter what (meaning even if he was planning an attack) and identified his son as a mama's boy who never left the house (if I were prone to deploying profiling techniques...)--that this father knows all the details and that we should take his word at face value?

I live within spitting distance of Cincinnati, and I've been to the gun range (Point Blank) where he purchased the weapons, and I've seen the father's interviews on all the local news channels. From what I've seen, this guy doesn't seem to know his son very well.

Not to mention that the employees at Point Blank describe him as seeming perfectly normal and under no sort of duress or acting suspicious at all.

Obviously, not all the evidence in the case is out yet, and there are many unanswered questions, but you can't take daddy's word as gold and then use that as a platform from which to jump into the conspiracy/entrapment/manchurian candidate/whatever pool you wish. Well, I guess you can, but it's a very shaky platform...

Regardless if the FBI eventually approached him or not, he could have said no. Don't blame the FBI for a weak-minded mama's-boy hermit's decision to possibly blow up part of our nation's capital.

Has the expectation of personal responsibility been shat out the window in this country?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Well if his dad said he couldn't have done it then case closed I guess?....

Damned evil governments

Well, this isn't the first time the FBI has been accused of doing this. And, typically, the "plot" is revealed during a heightened alert timeframe.

It's kind of comical if it wasn't so freaking scary.

I normally support the FBI.

There is a patern here. Sick person spews some crap he heard on Facebook.

FBI befriends them. Then they enable this person. Then they arrest them.

I just wonder how much real stuff gets by while they enable these fools.
edit on 15-1-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
How about we just take your mind manipulation conspiracy out of the picture and just say if he wasn't interested in being a terrorist, he would have never met the FBI agents.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Had figured he was the patsy of the week .. uncle scam has a habit of setting them up ... gotta keep up the fear levels and justify the "war on terror" and to shred what little remains of the constitution all in the name of "national security" for the publics own good .. gotta love freedumb and dumbocracy ..

To be fair, we have in fact had terrorist acts committed on U.S. soil over the past couple of decades. So there really are bad people out there who like to hurt innocent people in order to try and affect political change. Not all bad guys are government employees, you know. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

lol you dropped the whole looking for a source thing pretty quick. Now you raise a false argument. The question becomes intent. Do you know how many calls go out everyday of people wishing harm to elected officials,husbands,wives,neighbors,rude strangers... the list just goes on and on and with the correct amount of intervention those desires could become reality if the tools and such are givin.

I do not think even if someone goes out and causes harm they will not be labeled a terrorist. That name is now only used for weak minded patsies that would never cause any harm on their own. So no just because a person says this or that, it does not = action.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You didn't have any sources, so I'm not gonna waste my time on your argument on why you can't provide them. My point still stands though. I nor anyone that I know have made any threats that would label us as a terrorist and we also haven't had any FBI agents investigating us or "Manipulating our minds" as you say.

Sounds like you need a break from the conspiracy world for a little while.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Expat888
Had figured he was the patsy of the week .. uncle scam has a habit of setting them up ... gotta keep up the fear levels and justify the "war on terror" and to shred what little remains of the constitution all in the name of "national security" for the publics own good .. gotta love freedumb and dumbocracy ..

To be fair, we have in fact had terrorist acts committed on U.S. soil over the past couple of decades. So there really are bad people out there who like to hurt innocent people in order to try and affect political change. Not all bad guys are government employees, you know. Just saying.

Did you know the bombing of the Twin Towers in the 90's was a direct result of the Federal B I allowing their bomb making informant to use real explosives against his better judgment?

Do you realize that since 9/11 only 3 actual terrorist attempts have been stopped all the rest were Federal B I instigated stings? And the 3 actual attempts were stopped because of information given to law enforcement by everyday citizens and NOT the result of FBI investigation.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They did the same thing to the Ohio and Michigan militias. You learn about how the FBI works in the police academy. At least in Columbus Ohio.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

you just spin in the usual manner. Like i said if you want to clairify what kind of sources you want i will provide them. Fact is you just spouted off at the finger about sources in an attempt to gain support for your stance. The truth is that programming is real. People make all sorts of threats all the time and only a very small handfull ever get the attention of the terror squad and it just so happens that the ones that get singled out fit into a unique catorgy of people that are generally broke,mentally challenged and gulliable. The fact remains that in the majority of these so called plots the gov. is always the ones providing the money,supplies and enforcing a certain mindset upon the subject.

I can not wait to hear when they never have any contact with an individual but stop them before they envoke the final steps of a plan. A case where all the materials were not gov. purchases. When they have on tape phone conversations and such with people discussing the plans with someone not in the gov.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The truth is that programming is real.

Source Please?

People make all sorts of threats all the time and only a very small handfull ever get the attention of the terror squad and it just so happens that the ones that get singled out fit into a unique catorgy of people that are generally broke,mentally challenged and gulliable.

Source Please?

The fact remains that in the majority of these so called plots the gov. is always the ones providing the money,supplies and enforcing a certain mindset upon the subject.

Source Please?

I could say that the universe that we know of came from a blackhole. Without any sources or data to back it up though it just leaves it at that, nothing but a thought that lacks any research or evidence.

edit on 15-1-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How about a real conspiracy.

Maybe all parties are part of the plan to give the FBI good press and show how "American" "Muslims" could be a big threat to National Security.

Stranger things have happened.

The MSM has everybody flipping out about every fly that lands on the picnic table.

censorship mass monitoring of all suspicious people and internet security.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I do not know why everyone is suprised. We have built a prison-state and now we are experiencing the effects. This is what happens when you trade convenience for your futures.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join