It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana police officer breaks down after fatally shooting unarmed man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

A dashcam video showing a Montana police officer breaking into tears after fatally shooting an unarmed man who was high on methamphetamine was released this week after it was reviewed by a jury.

In the footage, Billings Police Officer Grant Morrison can be seen sobbing on the hood of a police cruiser after shooting 38-year-old Richard Ramirez three times during a traffic stop.

In the video you can clearly see the officer sobbing. I don't know if it was a stress reaction from adrenalin or if he was actually emotionally disturbed at having to take a life. At any rate, it goes to show that police officers are human.

Source

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

A dashcam video showing a Montana police officer breaking into tears after fatally shooting an unarmed man who was high on methamphetamine was released this week after it was reviewed by a jury.

In the footage, Billings Police Officer Grant Morrison can be seen sobbing on the hood of a police cruiser after shooting 38-year-old Richard Ramirez three times during a traffic stop.

In the video you can clearly see the officer sobbing. I don't know if it was a stress reaction from adrenalin or if he was actually emotionally disturbed at having to take a life. At any rate, it goes to show that police officers are human.

Source

If a police officer kills someone in the line of duty, that should be it for their career.

No one should be asked to be put in that position twice, and in my opinion, anyone that wants to be isn't mentally fit to serve.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It was his second unarmed kill.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"I thought he was gonna pull a gun on me".

So basically it's just like getting arrested/charged before actually even committing a crime.

Shoot because you think they will shoot you, even though they haven't pulled out a gun yet.

The police officer dun' f'd up. Though I am very happy that he actually feels emotions unlike other robo cops (hopefully he was crying cause of that and not because he thought he was going to die or lose his job).
edit on 14-1-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Source

If a police officer kills someone in the line of duty, that should be it for their career.

No one should be asked to be put in that position twice, and in my opinion, anyone that wants to be isn't mentally fit to serve.

Then what about soldiers? Many have to take more than just one life. Most of them want to be in that profession as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Potentially, he was crying because he thought he was going to lose his career over it...

but yeah, without looking into it I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he didn't smile and waive to an onlooker after squeezing the life out of someone by hand... right?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This video was posted already, Skid. Last week I think. I'm mobile and the search function isn't cooperating with me, but I remember the video being on here.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
See, here's an instance where I agree that the use of force most likely was not justified. The actions of the individual (I'd call him a methhead, but that might make me sound like a dick) certainly gave him cause to unholster his weapon and have it at the ready, but squeezing the trigger 'just in case' doesn't work for me.

Not to mention the potential of him hitting one of the other 4 passengers...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for letting me know. I actually did a search on here but nothing popped up.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No problem. It was a bizarre OP title, which might be why neither you nor I can find it. I don't think the title was about the video but more of a "this is the reaction people should have" or something.

Wish I could be more help but I can't remember the title, author, any of it

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I used the actual title from the site I saw it on. It is a weird title.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thanks for letting me know. I actually did a search on here but nothing popped up.

Yes, the other tread is about the shooting here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's probably on Youtube by now.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
MODS: As this has been posted before, feel free to remove this thread. I had no idea that I was reposting it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How do you shoot someone just in case....

THREE TIMES !!

He shot to kill, not in defense.

He was probably crying because he thought he would live the rest of his natural days in a a prison, which he should be !

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Have to do away with misdemeanors. Cops should be more like waiters. Being high on meth and acting suspicious shouldn't end your life.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

At any rate, it goes to show that some police officers are human.

Fixed that for you.
Anyway, if I was in charge, I'd give the guy a promotion. At least we know he values human life... Even when it's a drug addict who was a suspect in a shooting. This guy could run a police department.

"Richard Ramirez was my son," she said. "Officer Morrison is the one that killed him. He was just a good person, and they didn't have to do that to him."

Riiight.

top topics

join