It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] Writers Contest[WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow! There are SO many stories to read! I've made it through page two. I'll be back later to finish the rest of them up.

Keep em' coming ATS!

CdT

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I'm still working through all the stories, myself! There is a rich treasure trove of story-gems here - perfect for Dragons to Horde and read with their morning coffee...

- AB

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

.... You seem also not very unfamiliar with the procedings and ingredients of a good and smelly spell.

All I know about dragon ingredients so far is the egg-yoke and dragon scale. Maybe it was a colleague of mine, from a previous life that used dragon scale and came up with this recipe...

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witches’ mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravin’d salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digg’d i’ the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew,
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver’d in the moon’s eclipse,
Nose of Turk, and Tartar’s lips,
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver’d by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger’s chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

But beware, don't try this at home .. these are just a few ingredients and who knows what will happen if the soup not completed.. LOL..

source: Macbeth, act IV scene one.

edit on 20/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm glad everyone has until the middle of Feb to write and vote because there are so many stories and only so many hours in the day. I read a few a day, and even just reading a couple every day will take until the 14th....
AWESOME!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Thanx for that Bud!! All this talk has been making Me think of finishing something to add to reading pleasures here. I know we only get one entry, not concerned about that really, but some more to devour for Us. Eh?! Check Your inbox here. I am going to mail you something....... Later, Syx.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Dragon's Lament

Writer
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The large black metal cauldron sat over burning logs with strong boiling liquid half filling it up. A smell of the melted Metals of Steel, Gold, Mercury and Lead in that pot could be sensed for almost a half a mile all around the Castle that stood on the edge of a cliff. The other ingredients in the pot caused an odor that blended with the metals creating a particularly strange smell......

Beware the Fire on the Horizon............

Full Dragon Story Here: The Conjuring

Not another entry. Just something I wanted to Share with You All!!! Hope Ya's like it!!!

edit on 20-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is it terrible to want to give everyone Stars and Flags? These stories are all so good.

Bravo ATS.

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

i'm like a pro card dealer with these stories flicking out S and Fs like a Vegas high roller.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It is a bit like that.

I think we need a new category for this contest.

THE UNIQUE

Some of them are just way out there, in a very good way.

P

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This one was just for fun and it's an abstract idea that I fell asleep pondering last night.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Very Cool Story!!! Left a comm there for Ya. Loved The Creativity Man!!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Me too! I give All stories stars and Flags here. It is the fair thing to do really...... I get part way through and go up and do it usualy, so I don't forget. Or just do it right away. Once I thought I forgot to flag something, clicked it and realized I lost the one I had already given!!! I felt terrible as It would Not let Me replace it!!! Man..... LOL!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Non writer but I will give it a try OP

Here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have added another section to my story A Sharpness of Dragons. I will hopefully add more before the contest deadline.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Me too! I give All stories stars and Flags here. It is the fair thing to do really...... I get part way through and go up and do it usualy, so I don't forget. Or just do it right away. Once I thought I forgot to flag something, clicked it and realized I lost the one I had already given!!! I felt terrible as It would Not let Me replace it!!! Man..... LOL!!!!!

Agreed, agreed, agreed. Here's me earlier today in a story thread:

(me, earlier today)

It's impossible not too. I keep thinking I've found my favourite story and then BLAM...another one comes along and I fall in love all over again.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I hearya there!! There are so many really good Tales that have been woven for this contest!! I love the diversity of Dragon interpretations and story lines from EveryOne!!! Absolutely Fantastic!!!

I like that image you posted too! Really Cool!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Cool Story addition Tindalos!!! I liked and Starred it!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow... so many entries for this short story contest. Like many other ATS members I have flagged and starred in abundance and am very curious who will win the dragon ride in the end.

There must be many more ATS members wanting to spill their dragon fantasy to us. For them I have found this YouTube vid which might persuade them and give them inspiration. Anyways,.. besides that specific target group any dragon lover will find this interesting to watch.

[The Seventh Egg] [Non-Writer]

edit on 22/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Zatara Thanx for the Share on that Video. Loved that movie when it came out obviously, still do, but hadn't seen the behind the scenes on it yet.
So it was a treat!! Thank You Man!!!

ETA: Oh, there a lot of writers tips there that will come in handy!! For Me anyway, as I have no idea how to do all this properly. But I still have fun writing and that's what counts in My book LOL!!!

edit on 22-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join