It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix: I need some suggestions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: undo

Why only firemen? They already have their hands full (is the response you may get). Why not appeal to the whole community.? If we want to fix our world we must all take responsibility, not just keep appointing people and hoping for the best.

well for the following reasons:

1. they are official, but dont pose a threat to the community (currently everyone is paranoid of the police, but i rather doubt they freak when they see a fireman. hehe

2. firemen are freakin' heroes

3. it fits the theme of the phoenix rising from the ashes. firemen, phoenix. get it.

4. it just seemed the right thing. that painting i have in my op i painted for a t-shirt competition years ago. i dunno why either. it just popped into my head one day. kinda spooky in a good way. i didn't win the competition but i loved the thing so i saved it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I think it's a great idea and I do like your thinking about the firemen but I have a strong feeling you will be told they don't have the resources to do this.

Resources is about people giving up their free time.

Are you asking the firemen to do this? That's why I feel a more community based approach would work. Someone mentioned approaching churches, I agree you will get more people able to offer their time and resources this way.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

I think it's a great idea and I do like your thinking about the firemen but I have a strong feeling you will be told they don't have the resources to do this.

Resources is about people giving up their free time.

Are you asking the firemen to do this? That's why I feel a more community based approach would work. Someone mentioned approaching churches, I agree you will get more people able to offer their time and resources this way.

yeah i am not going to be the public face on this (believe me, it's for the best lol), but i may be able to convince the young lady (provided she doesn't have stage fright and likes the idea. i know she would though, just don't know if she'd agree to be the person going out talking to churches
edit on 9-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Where I am ,the food bank bought a old but good green house business that was moving .The property ,buildings and green houses gave them the ability to allow people to plant their own small gardens .They now have furniture ,clothing ,soup kitchen and even some space for some of the homeless .They also provide help in different ways and for the most part a place for volunteers to contribute .Some to solicit from business and private donors . A great program .They even took on the responsibility to be the main center for the whole province dealing with local food bank needs . a reply to: misskat1

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Where I am ,the food bank bought a old but good green house business that was moving .The property ,buildings and green houses gave them the ability to allow people to plant their own small gardens .They now have furniture ,clothing ,soup kitchen and even some space for some of the homeless .They also provide help in different ways and for the most part a place for volunteers to contribute .Some to solicit from business and private donors . A great program .They even took on the responsibility to be the main center for the whole province dealing with local food bank needs . a reply to: misskat1

where are ya? what country? canada?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes .New Brunswick Fredericton . linky www.frederictonfoodbank.com... a reply to: undo

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes .New Brunswick Fredericton . linky www.frederictonfoodbank.com... a reply to: undo

how cool is that? that's really something special .
edit on 9-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Phoenix is a great name, but since you are asking for suggestions, Im truly not trying to be critical, I would suggest you use a name that is descriptive of what you are about. The phoenix can mean different things to different people. And it will take awhile to get name recognition associated with your program. But if you put farm or housing or food bank in the name, people wont be wondering what it is. They will have already made some connection to what you are wanting to accomplish.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

The Phoenix is a great name, but since you are asking for suggestions, Im truly not trying to be critical, I would suggest you use a name that is descriptive of what you are about. The phoenix can mean different things to different people. And it will take awhile to get name recognition associated with your program. But if you put farm or housing or food bank in the name, people wont be wondering what it is. They will have already made some connection to what you are wanting to accomplish.

yeah, good idea. something like, the resurrecting phoenix: food and healing. too long?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Many years ago, I majored in marketing and business, and I owned a restaurant for 12 years. I dont think your name too long, and I think it will connect The Phoenix Project: to Inner City Farming and Healthy Community Lifestyle Development. In this case, your name needs to target what you are doing. Because, when you go to city council and tell them you have an idea for a blighted property, and you submit your proposal to them, and you are wanting if for very little money, the first thing they see is the name. So, its a good idea to make your first impression as a "community" project.

You are doing great, and as you pull your plan together, you will "know" exactly what it should be called!!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, that since this is a community project, I will be happy to donate my time to help you with a business proposal, and Im really good with web pages. So, when you get more figured out, I can make a web page explaining what you do, where you are, and how people can donate to your cause.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
this is a toughie. if i call it "the resurrection: food and healing," it will seem erm, presumptuous in a religious sense. i'm not jesus. lol it's not THAT kind of resurrection. whereas the phoenix in mythology is a symbol of renewed life, which is what good food and good medicine, can do. it can take a embattled body/mind/spirit, and readjust it into a positive direction. it also allows people of different walks of life/faiths, to see it as an idea, rather than a religious tenet.

this stuff did cross my mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I just wanted to add, that since this is a community project, I will be happy to donate my time to help you with a business proposal, and Im really good with web pages. So, when you get more figured out, I can make a web page explaining what you do, where you are, and how people can donate to your cause.

oh wow. that would be fantastic.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Spring time is a new season for a type of re-birth .Something to kick around a bit . a reply to: undo

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Spring time is a new season for a type of re-birth .Something to kick around a bit . a reply to: undo

got anything in mind? sounds like you do.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
rejuvenation: food and healing
rebirth: food and healing
hello again: food and healing (no, that's too cartoony lol)'
arise: food and healing (oh i like that)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Some Christians believe in giving or tithing, but dont believe in supporting a "church". Many are very willing too work towards and donate to projects that benefit their neighborhoods, even if they are not Christian Projects.

You can also make a condensed name using the Caps of the entire name: such as: (This is just off my head, not a real suggestion. But it might be good to see what short name the whole title creates.

PHARMED Phoenix, Housing, And Residential, Make-over, Education, and Development

In a way you could be a "hub" that brings people together. It wouldnt be a bad thing for both christians and non christians to work together to "heal" their community.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

well that's alot of additional stuff. like the housing idea and residential make-over. that's like a huge project, many times larger than the original concept of starting with food and medicine.

if the person is homeless, they still need a place to put their food and meds. what a conundrum.

people definitely need places to live, but those kinds of projects are exponentially more complicated. i was assuming for the start of the project, that getting people good food on a regular basis and access to all kinds of medical, mental and emotional meds/herbs, alternative treatments and mainstream treatments, was already a massive undertaking. your idea sounds like a complete redesign of the inner city.

sheesh. i'm just a little old lady in concrete block 1 floor house with no savings account lol

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No not really I was just kicking a can to see what kind of sound it had .Spring up, Spring forth ,Spring forward .Boing :>) a reply to: undo

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No not really I was just kicking a can to see what kind of sound it had .Spring up, Spring forth ,Spring forward .Boing :>) a reply to: undo

eek

Tree of Life: Food and Healing. i bet there's a health food store with that name already lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join