It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix: I need some suggestions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

I hate to rain on parades but i live outside the city of Cincinnati and they do stuff like that all the time
for the poor areas.
I mean all the time fire department buys all these kids school supplies churches pay all these peoples electric bills so on and so on.
And the areas are still violent drug invested danger zones.
I think its time people stop making excuses like im a criminal becuase im poor or i had no daddy ect...
Im poor and foster kid and only crime i do is a little smokie sometimes .

And to the bleeding hearts that say these poor poor people we need to help them ...my advice would be go live there for a month or two and these people will eat you alive.
If you dont get mugged raped or murdered you will be torn apart by people with thier hands out looking for a handout.
And im sure you will see that these people just dont care no sense of morals or values no sense of community they just trash were they live with drugs crime littering ect... i watch them throw garbage on the groungd right outside thier own front door and there it stays until some clean up cincinnati help group comes and picks it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
next installment

this is an overhead view of the entire complex, with parking, bike storage, garbage area, area for the generators, security, safety, the central hub with mental and emotional wellbeing / homeless housing units and of course the vertical farm in the middle. the yellow sidewalks let them know they are in the complex area, and help to direct foot traffic. the green areas are decorative tiles, perhaps made from recycled stuff in the community.

it needs a better location for garbage otherwise the garbage trucks will have trouble accessing/moving around, the area

edit on 10-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

well yeah, it's a negative chain cycle, stemming from generational poverty and the trappings that go with it (survival of the fittest). the prison system doesn't help the situation because it's doubling as a well being facility, which is not its actual job.

my edit
alot of illegal drugs, really do need to be legalized, just to stop the prison system cycle. and then give the drug lords the option to sell herbs, drugs and so on, legitimately, from their own stores with all the perks the mega corps get.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The prison system is designed to be a cash machine for the states and it works .
I know the prison system dosnt seem like it knows what its doing but they do .
And yes they shouldnt have mentally ill people there but prisons are not in the bussiness of helping people .

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

The prison system is designed to be a cash machine for the states and it works .
I know the prison system dosnt seem like it knows what its doing but they do .
And yes they shouldnt have mentally ill people there but prisons are not in the bussiness of helping people .

well that's the problem. people you are describing have emotional and mental DAMAGE, which manifests in various ways you have explained. i made an edit to my post above. will you read it real quick and respond to the section about drugs?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So what if its legal lets get to the brass tax of it , Im a single welfare mother addicted to drugs i got 20 bucks my kid needs a new book bag for school do you honestly think im going to spend my 20 dollars on a book bag when there are people at the fire station giving them away ...no
im going to but drugs let the fire department buy my kids supplies.
so it dont help whats needed is drug classes and job training not more welfare handouts.
But you cant get these people to work and why should they when the government and charity people give them everything they need leaving their money to go buy more drugs witch is part of the problem so the more you give these people the less your helping them. Let them go hungry for a day or two no food stamp card then see what they go spend thier money on .

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
people are going to abuse the legalities surrounding drugs, regardless of laws, regardless of financial bracket and so on. ignoring this and instead, cashing in on it with prison/slavery, as a means to finance, has created yet another negative chain to go with the rest of the negative chains. it's bred an entire population of suffering in the most impoverished areas.

telling people what to put in their mouths/arms/etc, is over the top. it's acting as if your brain belongs in their heads. and it doesn't. your brain is in your own head for a reason. if it was meant to be in someone else's head, you woulda been them instead of who you are. dunno what's so hard to get about that.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

well that's why i proposed the mental/emotional wellbeing areas and vertical farm, as part of the project. the idea is, with the influx, regularly, of healthy, fresh, veggies, fruits and so on, the body starts to heal. the wellbeing project offers alternative therapies as well, in the form of eastern herbals and western medicals, including exercise regimens and self discipline activities like yoga and karate. if a person is that farked up, they have to start somewhere, and it's much better if they find it and do it themselves. offering it, not forcing it, not sticking them in a prison and making them do it. these are human beings, afterall, in dire straits.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

all i am saying is dont think you are going to help these people by giving them stuff for free that dont help all it shows them is they dont have to work or be responsible for themselves .Just give me free stuff because im a poor minority or statistic and that dont help anyone even the kids of those familes all that shows them is that you can get away with this .
And thats why we get generations of famlies on welfare . Like 3rd and 4th generations on welfare .
And your thread started out like what charity can i start to help these poor people in the cities ..or povished area ..more or less.
I like your big heartedness but i can see you have spent no time at all in any of these areas and i grew up in them .
To go to a poor part of town and hand out stuff dont help anyone trust me ....and it dont help the people your handing stuff out to.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

give these people land and every seed in the world give them one year to grow something come back in 1 yr and you will see a wasteland

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

it's a healing process. the healing process starts at the most basic step: physical health (the vertical farm), which is connected to all the other aspects, like mental and emotional health.

around this area (the vertical farm) are various stages of healing, from counseling and herbal remedies and medical alternatives to drugs they may want to be rid of, to exercise programs where they can enjoy the benefits of self discipline. but it's all non confrontational, not forced, not guilt tripped, not a negative cycle. it simply asks, want to be feel better? well this might be a nice way to start. there's also this way and that way, and so on.

once you get people involved in helping themselves, they are much more involved in their communities in a pleasant way.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

give these people land and every seed in the world give them one year to grow something come back in 1 yr and you will see a wasteland

process. it's a process. you don't go from 1 to 100 over night.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the vertical farm has paying jobs. it's not sustained by making the people who eat there, plant the seeds. the people who do not want to work to eat, don't have to. the food is there, for healing. if they aren't that far down the path to recovery, let them heal. they can't help themselves yet, let alone someone else. it's like asking a person who hates themselves, to love their neighbor. ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

your all over the place first you talk about the fire departments giving away stuff then it goes from there to forced labor farms and work out centers.
and belive me you will have to force these people to do calistenics and grow food...but on a lighter note i do calistenics evry day ....im sorry so negitive hun i like your big heart dont evr change or listen to people like me people like you change the world people like me usually just complian about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

your all over the place first you talk about the fire departments giving away stuff then it goes from there to forced labor farms and work out centers.
and belive me you will have to force these people to do calistenics and grow food...but on a lighter note i do calistenics evry day ....im sorry so negitive hun i like your big heart dont evr change or listen to people like me people like you change the world people like me usually just complian about it.

there's no forced labor. no forced growing of food. there will be actual paying jobs to build the buildings, maintain the buildings and grow the food in the vertical farms, for those who want them, and everyone else can come once a week and get free, fresh veggies/fruits and so on. there's no forced work out centers. they are just offered as alternatives to feeling bad. the project is meant to heal and offer alternatives and provide an area where people congregate and learn/socialize/eat/heal.

it's meant to be a non-intrusive, non-forced, natural alternative system of healing of the various aspects of the human being.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

my last post on this but if its not forced no one in the ghetto is coming to work they will come to get free stuff but not work and none of them are architechs so no ones building anything and there is not a farmer in the ghetto so no ones growing any food.
The poor areas of this world better be glad there are people like you and the government to take care of them .
But as for me ill take care of myself i dont need any free food

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

my last post on this but if its not forced no one in the ghetto is coming to work they will come to get free stuff but not work and none of them are architechs so no ones building anything and there is not a farmer in the ghetto so no ones growing any food.

like i said, it's a process. the project can start with a small crew of skilled people, who can train other people how to do the jobs, if they want to work there. the idea being, if that works well, then another could be built, elsewhere, and another, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i'd like to see medical well being clinics that could employ various versions of hard core illegal drugs, in graduated stages, for weaning people who want to quit, off the actual drug, as well as low key designer versions for those who want to use them specifically for entertainment purposes - a civilized version of the drug in the same vein as a fine wine or gourmet meal. the focus is on the wrong place at the moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

just gotta hire that guy to build a single vertical tower, with several floors, each floor using his rotating hydroponic system (cost of a light bulb in energy use, is amazing) and containing a different type of crop on each floor. his project was for specific greens, but hydroponic farms can grow pretty much anything
edit on 11-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
moved to next page
edit on 11-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join