It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body PH level vs. Vitamin C mega doses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There seems to be a blurred line between the subject of vitamin C alternative cancer treatment and its effects on the body.

I hear plenty of tales about individuals improving from many diseases (not just cancer) while undergoing a high dose vitamin C program, but at the same time there is also discussion that having a high acidity body PH can cause these diseases the vitamin C claims to prevent.

Does anyone have any accurate information they would be happy to share on the subject as I am at a loss of which way to go?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That is a very controversial subject. Some people can tolerate the High levels of vitamin C and others cannot. With those who cannot it could be harmful. From my research it looks like about a 50/50 split. Some people naturally produce more taurine in their body, they do not need as much vitamin C because the actions of both have similar properties. This is just one of the many different conditions where over consumption of vitamin C can cause a problem. But even these people need some vitamin C.

Everyone is different. Different cancers need different treatments too. Choosing the right treatment, whether using natural ways or pharmacuticals, is based on the type of cancer.
edit on 4-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

You think taking vit c leads to "high body acidity?"

Nah... if you're afraid of the acidic form of c, then go for the buffered forms, like Sodium Ascorbate.. .which is the primary form folks use for IV c, anyway.

Er...here.. .spend a few hours in the discussion forums for the vitamincfoundation.org and see what's what...

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

But I should add that individuals have different reactions and specific conditions require specific responses... but as everyone needs c and most don't get enough in their diet, and it has no toxic dose... it couldn't hurt, and will likely help, even if in a general, supportive manner only.

edit on 1/4/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes I can see that, I read something stating that cancer itself produces a higher body acidity so it just seems bizarre that taking something naturally high in acidity could be of benefit. Although they do say fight fire with fire...

Has there been much study in having a high alkali body PH and the reduction of cancers do you know?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
There seems to be a blurred line between the subject of vitamin C alternative cancer treatment and its effects on the body.

I hear plenty of tales about individuals improving from many diseases (not just cancer) while undergoing a high dose vitamin C program, but at the same time there is also discussion that having a high acidity body PH can cause these diseases the vitamin C claims to prevent.

Does anyone have any accurate information they would be happy to share on the subject as I am at a loss of which way to go?

If you are taking traditional oral C which is Ascorbic acid, you might have that issue.

I do megadose C which is IV Sodium Ascorbate. By megadose, I mean up to 90 grams IV in a 3 hour sitting.
It does amazing things, and you cannot overdose on it.

If you are worried about acidity, you can take Sodium Ascorbate orally instead of Ascorbic Acid.
edit on 4-1-2015 by SubSea because: left out a word

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks for the information Baddogma, I was unaware of the buffered forms.
I am relatively new to the subject of vitamins and natural remedies so it's good to get a bit of additional information. I have tried doing some research on the web but it just seems like a minefield of conflicting thoughts on what is right and what is wrong in these situations, but like you said, not everything works for everyone and each illness so opinions are split.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SubSea

Wow, 90 grams seems like a large dose and it sounds like it is showing some positive effects. I thought 6 grams orally was high!
So how did you go about setting up your regular IV sittings if you don't mind me asking? Did you persuade your doctor or are you seeing a private practitioner?
edit on 4/1/2015 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

From the research I have looked at about the alkaline diet, it appears to be inconsistent. So that means other factors are involved. You can have a high Ammonia content in the body with little consequences but it still causes problems in the brain. I would think that a little cycling from acid to alkaline would be the best myself. That would mean we should cycle our diet. Moderation and diversity seem to be the best way for good health. The problem is that this is hard to figure out, you would have to understand what acid foods are. Meat is an acid food because it stimulates an acid body response but it is actually a base food. I still haven't found a way of distinguishing the different foods yet, the Nutrition Data website has information on this and I look at it often trying to figure out how to tell what is acid or alkaline producing.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

For IV, 50 grams is a "smaller" dose... with 150 (to 200 or more) being "higher."

Some practitioners have argued against mixing it with a Ringer's solution (saline) as it can lead to a sodium 'overdose' in some cases, so a distilled/ purified water suspension for the c is recommended... which is thought to be self sterilizing.

I've heard some accounts, personally, of simple IV c, administered once or twice a week, leading to a complete remission of the cancer within weeks to months... but those results aren't likely the norm, and real records don't exist or are hard to find. One biochemist I knew with colo/rectal cancer had success using IV and oral c, a few drops of Maitaike Mushroom d'fraction and then did a green coffee enema to remove dead cells... but again, that is just one method/result.

However, even in the cases where IVc hasn't noticeably affected a particular cancer, it has made the reaction to standard chemo and general well being of the patient much better... and I've never heard of c causing harm... outside of a couple cases where when using IV c, the herxheimer reaction caused discomfort (and once a very violent reaction for someone already near death).

One thing, though, the researches I know are looking into the vit c itself, as certain manufacturers use better methods than others... so that vit c might only be as good as it's source/form. Look for c that's L-ascorbic acid (or a buffered form derived from it), as many are L and D forms, mixed (meaning the configuration of the molecule called vit c)... and the L form is thought to be the real vit c, while the D form might be inert, or an irritant, and the two forms can be mixed and are considered the same by law, though they might not be.

I hope that helps and gives you a starting point.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is an excellent and ongoing thread about lypo-somal Vitamin C here on ATS that does address these issues to some degree.

I'd post a link but - since we don't seem to have a functional search feature,it won't load for me but maybe your experience will be different - I am unable to do so

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Do you have cancer if so what specific cell line is it? where is it in the body? and what job did the person have? tell me all these and I will work out what you need and show you where to look so you can understand this yourself.

If you are already taking the chemo start taking mistletoe or reishi mushroom or thyme as this will neutralise the poisons that are in the chemo

the specific cell line guides us in finding out previous reports on exactly what cancer you have got and the best way to cure it without having to use the poisons of the medical industry if you are going to use their poisons to try and cure you then mix 10% of the chemo drug they give you with dmso and this should directly kill the cancer

Do not start taking the chemotherapy drugs they give you until we have worked out what it is the chemo drugs are then we can just get the active ingredient from the chemo poison that works in curing your cancer

just taking chemo will make anything you do much more harder and you have a 50% chance that the chemo will kill you rather than the cancer, chemo makes curing the illness twice as difficult to cure,

the first thing you can do is go and get some hyperbaric oxygen therapy this can cure a large percentage of cancer on its own and is totally harmless cell salts too are completely harmless and pre 1950 would cure 90% of all cancers Iodine is also one of the most potent killers of cancer but again we need to know where it is and stuff

Its best to stay away from Vitamin c as it is synthetic far better to put hydrogen peroxide and catalase into you which is natural

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought

Yes I can see that, I read something stating that cancer itself produces a higher body acidity so it just seems bizarre that taking something naturally high in acidity could be of benefit. Although they do say fight fire with fire...

Has there been much study in having a high alkali body PH and the reduction of cancers do you know?

yeah read about dr simoncelli

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

From the research I have looked at about the alkaline diet, it appears to be inconsistent. So that means other factors are involved. You can have a high Ammonia content in the body with little consequences but it still causes problems in the brain. I would think that a little cycling from acid to alkaline would be the best myself. That would mean we should cycle our diet. Moderation and diversity seem to be the best way for good health. The problem is that this is hard to figure out, you would have to understand what acid foods are. Meat is an acid food because it stimulates an acid body response but it is actually a base food. I still haven't found a way of distinguishing the different foods yet, the Nutrition Data website has information on this and I look at it often trying to figure out how to tell what is acid or alkaline producing.

grossett handbook of natural medicine gives about 20 odd foods and their ash content but not sure it tells you how to work it out
edit on 4-1-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Check out Life Extension by Durk Pearson a well researched tome on supplemental health.

You'll find it at your local library.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
There is an excellent and ongoing thread about lypo-somal Vitamin C here on ATS that does address these issues to some degree.

I'd post a link but - since we don't seem to have a functional search feature,it won't load for me but maybe your experience will be different - I am unable to do so

Is this the one? I had it on my favorites

Lyposomal Vit C thread
edit on 4-1-2015 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
let me know if you get anywhere with It

people.umass.edu...&Minerals.html

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Its best to stay away from Vitamin c as it is synthetic far better to put hydrogen peroxide and catalase into you which is natural

Uhm... that statement is ...wrong.

The molecule dubbed "vit c" would be completely "natural" IF we had the gene that derives c from glucose... like most other animals, but we don't. How can one molecule be natural when made by the body, but unnatural when made in a lab, yet is identical to the ones made in a body?

A molecule is a molecule.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you would think that would be the case but you cannot replicate nature it won't let us otherwise we would live forever.

Molecules have a vibration which cannot be replicated yes it will work for a while but to continually put a synthetic product into you is not a good idea. They do not know how molecules were made so they are guessing although its an educated guess its called abiogenesis en.wikipedia.org...
just because it looks the same doesn't mean it does the same thing in the body, I came across a challenge to scientists to try and replicate sea water, they made it exactly the same but when they added fish they all died then they added 30% sea water and they lived but I cannot find it now and its taking me too long to find it.

when the OP tells me what cell line the cancer is then maybe I can help them as vit C only works on non hormone cancers also vit C doesn't work in fat which requires vit E so yes I understand vit C works on lots of other areas but the way to beat cancer is to attack the germ which is what hydrogen peroxide and catalase does and vit C produces both of these. I have come across lots of contradictions where some people say this works then there are other studies that say it doesn't I know hydrogen peroxide works as its the basis of our immune system

80% of Vitamin C is produced in china with 50% of those allegedly being useless (IS that being kind) the same as most of the MSM, are their any additives or anti-caking agents in the powder if so then it doesn't work although making your own would be the right way to go.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Yes... I see the point and you might well be right... but as far as C...

the C from China being mostly crap, that is true... and much lab made C is crap anyway, no matter where the lab is.... I believe the last two big labs making C outside of China are in Scotland and Mexico. Supplements in general are worth investigating as badly produced ones exist.

The correct configuration of the c molecule is the 'L-ascorbic" configuration (there are 3 other orientations of the molecule)... and many labs add the D form molecule, which is cheaper to make and some researchers say is not c, but actually an irritant. So only the "L-ascorbic" orientation ...chimeric I think is the word... is vit C.

And as far as the peroxide, c and cancer debate, it's complex and the individual situation makes a difference no matter what theory is correct... but good c cannot hurt and might help, even if in a general, supportive way.

SO basically, agreed.

Oh, and some vits are more effective if extracted from a natural source... like vit E... but it doesn't seem like C is one of those, as long as it's the "L" form molecule... if we had to get c from a purely natural source, I'd (personally) have to eat 50 -68 oranges a day and ...well... I'll take the powder form, thanks! Though it's expensive as heck ... but it saved my life a few times from various infections/ conditions... aside from the usual lack of vitamin death, I mean, so I'm a big supporter!

Regards.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
because of all the pollutants in our environment it's impossible to get enough vit C to counteract it but when you start adding in iodine sulphur and boron this removes a lot of the heavy metals and pesticides and reduces the needs for C.

I met a director of some big nutritional company and he told me that L which is natural contains 76% coal tar or crude oil and D which is synthetic contains 95%,

run out of time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join