It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody understands me!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Perhaps you should have been the one to write the rant!

Our approach in social interactions tends to be based on assumptions to confirm bias, rather than learning or exploration.

The OP, and your response, are a great reminder that any of us can feel this way, and make others feel this way too, all in the same breath.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Hi Alishain .. don't worry .. does it matter .. you sound like a great person and a good mum [ mom].
Actually my personal belief is that none of us are very different from each other .. we are all more alike than we might be comfortable with

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
F*ck em and feed em fish heads.

Girl, it sounds like you've got it together. Let the negativity roll off your back like water off a duck. When you get on the internet (all sites boil down to the same thing) do it lightly and sparingly. Don't invest too much of yourself. When it starts to become hurtful or depressing, turn off the computer and spend time in nature, spend time with your children. Do art, listen to music...whatever fulfills you.

Pain is certain. Suffering is voluntary.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So YOU'RE the one that started all this!

Just kidding! How cool of you to come on here and straighten out the confusion. You would think the written word would be the least misunderstood, but oh no, people process the words they read through their filters and things get twisted all the time.

Let this be a lesson to everyone reading. Double check that you're actually being insulted before getting upset!
a reply to: NotMoose

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
And it's not their fault. I'm a hard person to read.

I know I'm not the only person like this though. And I joined this site in hopes of finding others who are similar to me. Not the case apparently!

The straw that broke the camels back though seemingly small, was a thread about music that moves you. I happen to be a pretty big rock/metal fan. No I don't worship the devil, no I'm not all gothed out. Quite the opposite actually. I am a successful business owner, mother, giver to society, believer in good energy. I just happen to love music with a lot of substance to it. So I participated in a thread about music that speaks to you and I posted a song that moves me (By and Down, by A Perfect Circle). That song is beautifully orchestrated. Beyond words in my opinion. And some donkey had the nerve to respond to me with a bible verse about light and darkness. Omg. Come on people. THANK YOU for your concern, but my soul doesn't need saving any more than yours. I spent the majority of my life figuring out my beliefs and I have a tight, personal relationship with God that doesn't include other people and their opinions about how I should be living my life. If I mess up, it's between God and myself.
The kicker here was that others "liked" this persons response.
It's just really annoying that people can't open their minds to something different. Different always means bad to some people and that has been an issue for me my entire life.
I've always been different. And everyone has always had a problem with it. I'm half black/half white. Don't fit in into either ethnic group. And don't fit in with others who are half black/half white because we all look different!! And excuse me for saying this, but every mixed person I know has an over sense of entitlement because they believe they are better looking than everyone else. I am even guilty of that thought process.
I've homeschooled my kids. For many reasons, but ultimately it was my decision and I don't need the masses opinions about why it's "bad".
I don't like to drink alcohol. Not socially acceptable apparently.
I like to wear my hair straight. I'm "denying my race". Which race exactly? Because I am not one, complete race.
I have tattoos. I guess I'll forever be trashy and never have a good job. Owning a successful, legitimate business isn't a good job.
I DON'T weigh 200 pounds after 3 kids and take extremely good care of myself. "Eat a burger for once!" "What, are you starving yourself?" I hear all the time.
I don't enjoy talking about the person who double parked outside and ruined your night. Or how you had to wait for 30 minutes at your doctors office so you left them a bad review.
I enjoy talking about music, life experiences that changed you, current events and the BS surrounding our society. But I guess that's wrong and weird.

Well I had more of a point to this rant. But now I'm just tired. I could go on and on and on. Pages. But nobody really cares. Everyone just has their own agendas to push onto people.

My dear...you and I have a lot in common. But on the music side, I'm a Sabbath, DIO, Cooper, King Diamond, etc. fan that is also a guitarist. The music I like the most, that is actually the darkest is my own (Quitting Heaven). But I'm about the nicest person you could meet. I haven't heard much about my "dark side" as my boss calls it, mostly cause I'm about 6'2" and 250 lbs and look a bit on the mean side.

Like what you like, love what you love and to Hell with anyone else. Especially those with so little going on in there lives that that have to attach what kind of music you like. We are in a sad point in human-growth when someone that probably hasn't even heard a song, feels free to attack it. Music saved me a number of times and is still the one thing that I know will be there for me on the day I die, and beyond.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey...why not! Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. it is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous. So the old bamboozles tend to persist as the new bamboozles rise.

In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in religion.

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

You see, the religious people -- most of them -- really think this planet is an experiment. That's what their beliefs come down to. Some god or other is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesmen's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that. Why can't the gods leave well enough alone? All this intervention speaks of incompetence. If God didn't want Lot's wife to look back, why didn't he make her obedient, so she'd do what her husband told her? Or if he hadn't made Lot such a #head, maybe she would've listened to him more. If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants? Why's he constantly repairing and complaining? No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution. He'd be out of business if there was any competition.

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join