It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody understands me!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

When a post is not including anything to do with the topic you can report it by clicking the icon on their avatar it will be removed.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nobody understands me either. I feel like an alien. Never had friends, people always misinterpret what I say. But honestly I'd rather be myself. Their loss if I'm a misfit. When people actually befriend me they go wow you're normal! You bring up awesome things!

This is why I'm not big on social networks. I don't conform, I'm different. Nobody understands me, my perspective of the world is an outsider perspective. But hey, at least it lets me see through the bull that clouds mostly everything

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I find it interesting how much you let complete strangers upset you with their opinions. I know it is a difficult lesson to learn but wow is it ever wonderful when you finally understand that no opinion matters except the ones you let matter the world becomes a much better place. You can wear what is comfortable, eat what you like, do things you like to do.

Good luck in the future and I hope you overcome the value you place on other opinions.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Aaw! Don't be cross about it! I'm sure they didn't mean to be rude -well, maybe they did but I shouldn't worry about it. There's loads of really nice people here, just give us a chance to get to know you!

It took me a while to realise, but some people here quote the bible as a way of saying something nice to you - they don't mean to be horrible or suggest your soul needs saving. They just pick a beautiful verse as a way of expressing themselves.
And I'm a god-forsaken heathen thing so it took me ages to work it out!

You'll adore some people in time, and some you'll hardly get to know but that's ok. Don't put up with any nonsense and learn to laugh the other stuff off. It's impossible to know the intent behind written words sometimes and sometimes wires get crossed. Especially if you don't know the other person's accent, I always think.

Anyway, sorry about the lecture, I got a bit carried away. Nice to meet you, maybe we'll meet again.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nobody understands me, either. They call me weird. For some reason when I first meet someone they think that I'm mentally handicapped or stoned. I don't even have to say anything. Anyway, the people that don't understand you really aren't worth your time.
Sorry to hear about the religious nut, by the way. They're everywhere. The best thing to do is ignore them.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I "friended" you a while back after reading some of your posts because I admired the way you think and how you articulate your views. ATS can be intimidating, I have a hard time dealing with the negative nellies too. Learning how to express myself and defend it, has been a great learning experience. Educate those who oppose you if you can. Some folks are not teachable, their loss. Hang in there, there are some great people here.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am guessing that with 6000 plus posts you decided to take the advice and toughen up a little?

I have too been offered a cookie although never chose to eat it, was it tasty?

a reply to: olaru12

I don't know if "tough" is the right description of just not giving a **** anymore.

You know, I think being offered a cookie after trying to help improve ATS is dismissive, rude, patronizing, and stupid but I may have misinterpreted the intent. It's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I save all my cookies in the same box with my flags and stars.
edit on 1-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

A great person once said...

"seek to understand
rather then to be understood."

There's more to it, but that's the gist of life.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Lots of people just aren't worth the time, is the conclusion I have come to. People that want to judge every little thing you do, I don't waste my time on. So, fewer close friends, but the ones I have, I value, and they are long time, good friends.

The comments regarding your music are out of line. Discussing issues with the music, I could MAYBE see, if it was done nicely, but assuming that liking a certain style determines your salvation is flat out stupid. As a Christian, I get completely irritated at people that act like that. I've had some tell me MY music choices weren't right, too. I listen to all sorts of stuff, Christian music, rock (mostly 80's but plenty from other eras as well), some hard rock, some techno, a few odds and ends from heavier stuff, some really mellow stuff, some oldies from several time periods; well, you get the idea. Some people get it in their heads that if the lyrics aren't Christian, it's "evil". Stuff and nonsense to that! Songs are about all sorts of things, and express all sorts of moods and emotions, and that's part of life.

Genetic makeup, well, heck, aren't most of us from a varied stock of ancestors? Mine are mostly European, though there is some Amerind blood in there as well. Variety in that makes us all unique, and one bloodline isn't any better than another. We are all related, far enough back, anyway.

You sound like a successful business woman, and a good mom, and good for you being in shape! Anyone complaining about that sounds jealous, unless you are really underweight. Happens, but I suspect jealousy is the cause for the comments you get. I wish I was smaller; I can tell you that! Working on it, but it's easier your way, staying in shape.

Home schooling, I do myself, and that's a wonderful thing. You care enough to devote the tie and energy to your kids. And, they are YOUR kids, and it's your decision. People should respect that.

Tattoos? I don't have any, but I can't think of anything I'd want to have for the rest of my life. My tastes change over the years too much. Those that have them; it's their skin. I have seen some really nice ones, too. Some on church members.

Don't sweat people that can only feel good about themselves by tearing others down.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow sorry for all of the confusion but this is the reality of it all, when I posted the "religious quote'' all I was trying to communicate was that I liked the song it had a deep spiritual meaning, but it was late and all I posted was a quote that related to some of the lyrics.

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (Matt 6:22-23).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
originally posted by: alishainwonderland

I'm sorry, what are you trying to tell me? I mean, I understand religion through and through. But... I thought this was a thread about expression, that is what music is after all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reply from me: NotMoose

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the lyrics of your song ("Searching your eyes for a hint or a trace of humility, Searching your eyes for the saint is an act of futility, Searching your eyes for a hint or a trace of it")

The quote that I posted replying to your post can be shortened down to this, "the eyes are the window to the soul".
I also look at peoples eyes to find humanity, especially the people that I love that have hurt me, and the ones I don't want to give up on.

Anyway good song.
edit on 1-1-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I care! I feel quite a bit like you do. Because I'm introverted and shy, people always think that I'm stuck up or aloof, that I don't like people. That isn't true at all.

It's so weird what people expect other people to be like. Like they want to peg you a certain way, and if you don't meet their expectations, they want nothing to do with you, or judge and criticize you. I think that's so unfair.

So I can relate to how you feel. Be yourself, and never feel badly! Hugs.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
Well I had more of a point to this rant. But now I'm just tired. I could go on and on and on. Pages. But nobody really cares. Everyone just has their own agendas to push onto people.

You know, there are actually places on earth that people don't hate their own species, they are not that many, but there actually are places on earth where people encourage others to be themselves, to live life, to be creative - to exist.

I have recently realized that these places are not common. It is the most heavenly fresh feeling, to encounter a person that believes in letting you be free, free of mind, free of soul, free of body. Surely, in most pitiful rotten cities of self pride and ego, societies of pure stubbornness and negativity, gatherings of people who have absolutely NO unconditional love for their fellow human beings. These people do not hate the homeless because they are sad or filthy, they hate the homeless because the homeless do not have any money to give them! Because the only way this person can like anybody is if they have money to give out.

Since I have the misery of knowing that there still are evolved places on earth that do not act so pitiful and immature in society, and constantly within every minute of the day show negativity and hate in order to prevent happiness from existing in the souls of their fellow human kind, it is the utmost importance for me to show the shameful opposition to what is holy, the absurd opposition to what is good, the manipulative and apocryphal opposition to what is true, that righteousness doesn't only exist in the soul, but righteousness is the Way to eternal life. Since I have the misery of knowing this fact, it is to the utmost importance that I take the fear that this pitiful ignorant generation of neglect, shame, and hatred has within their hearts, and I show them through the power of Truth and Grace that I crumple their fear up into a little tiny ball, and I throw it back in their face so fast and hard, I throw the hate and neglect of spirit that they act in order to prevent happiness in the soul of their innocent fellow human being, I throw it so fast in their face and at their mind that it will leave them with not one second, not one millisecond to dodge or run away from it, I will show them that everything negative including the very fear which prevents them to know or to love, that they will quiver in even more fear because I am given power by the Grace of Truth and their power of Hate and Neglect was given to them by the devil of all falsehood, it will finally be time for the poor hearted spirit who has been walked over repeatedly to have Atonement because Truth will be able to look Falsehood in the eye, and finally the Word of Life will be made known to the ignorance soul of shame, and no longer will the poor in spirit die, but they will be filled with eternal life and love from the Grace of Truth, and the evildoers of Hatred and Neglect will burn in their own ignorance, and all of the materials of pride they have gained up for themselves to patch up their wicked hearts will be taken from them, and they will have nothing but their own wicked blasphemies no longer to be shown to the innocent and righteous, but to show their own soul that same Hatred and Neglect which they were so happy to bring about in all those innocent just and loving souls.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The way you described yourself...you sound like a good and interesting person who is successful in life on your own terms. You seem very healthy to me. Please don't let the negative people get you down.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I saw A Perfect Circle several years ago.

Good show.

I'm not going to sit here and say everything is ok, because in reality it isn't.

Life is a journey, the road is bumpy amd broken up for all. It's just how we deal with it that defines us.

I'm a metal head atheist born on Christmas. I realize that my life isn't just about me anymore, but unfortunately the people around me(work and home) don't ses it that way.

Oh well, I'm going to get up at 4:45 am and do it all again.

Why, because i'm from the gutter, I don't want my children coming up from the gutter.

I just hope that someday my hard work pays off. I hope that my kids understand me and where I came from.
edit on 1-1-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hi!
There are all kinds of people here, just like in real life.
But sometimes the rude ones are just more vocal.

There's a saying I like, that goes something like this:
Those that matter don't mind.
And those that mind don't matter!

Life really is too short, to worry about people who question your journey!
They obviously aren't enjoying their own journey,
or they wouldn't have the time to criticize someone else's!

As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, do what makes YOU happy!!!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I would ask the question, why should they understand you?

May I suggest that what you might like to consider doing is adopting the view that its up to you to better enage and communicate with the world. For this you might need to get feedback from those you interact with.

You can do this by asking yourself each time you have a successful and an unsuccessful interaction, who said what and how did it go down with the other person? By doing a lot of this you will learn more about yourself and how you communicate with other people.

The world has always regrarded my brothers and I as somewhat odd people and there is a reason for this, that goes back to our childhood but we have learned to navigate our way through the world and we have survived. I for one still do not find it easy.
edit on 2-1-2015 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Read your rant and learned something about you. I learned that you're not a sheeple. That's has to e a great feeling. Keep on rocking with your bad self.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Who cares what other people think about you?

Seems logical that once you stop worrying about it and looking for it, you won't notice it anymore and you really won't care. Be impressed with yourself, all the time, for everything you do.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You say I've always been different. And everyone has always had a problem with it.

You have the problem, not the people.. No one has an "everyone problem."

Look in the mirror, take stock and get over yourself..

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just another add here...we cant spend our whole lives trying to get people to understand us...thats a waste.
The time is better spent learning and living...and doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join