It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa scientist has created a warp drive in his garage and demonstrated it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i shared the OP's link with the folks that hang out at the NASA advanced concepts forum and one of them said the following:

Not much to go by, it seems to be a 2 meter (146 MHz) asymmetric resonant antenna, so it could meet the requirement for a "Sachs-Schwebel" gravitational current generator instead of a warp drive. It could also be seeing electromagnetic forces between the antenna and the faraday cage walls which are in the near field. The interferometer tests are interesting, but again, not much data.

There is a paper of sorts: swdllc.paresspacewarpresearch.org...

EDIT: in addition to the Pares paper (as it were) the comment mentions Sachs-Schwebel gravity current generators which is a good set of search engine keywords if i ever heard one. anyway it turns out there is more papers and discussion of that thing.

edit on 31-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I find it extremely interesting that his Fractal Arrays that he uses to create the warp field look like Hieroglyphs or "Strange" symbols or language. As most of you know witnesses of Roswell crash debris and Rendlessham Forrest Craft reported Hieroglyph or strange symbols on their respective UFO's. Not sure he has discovered a warp field but he seems to have discovered something really interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

Hello, did you read the whole article. NO. He states that this occurrance occurrs NATURALLY in the bermuda triangle and other places around the globe. SO, if what YOU STATE IS TRUE then the universe and everything with it should have been done in already way before our ancestors came to america. Hello, Are U awake yes, but i like to comment about articles i don't read.

Rather than be a condescending twerp use your brain?

No naturally occurring (IF HIS THEORY IS CORRECT) would be limited in its destructive effects as would exist for short periods of time and travel short distances. Hence the plane that traveled 100 miles in 10 mins rather than 1 million miles in 10 minutes.

Its destructive effects would theoretically scale. A short hop in a bubble that lasts a few minutes would result in small energy discharge (Like ball lighting reports) a bubble lasting a few days or weeks would be the killer.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

Magnetism is overrated, at least here on ATS

The magnetic field can be fully understood as a relativistic effect of the electric field, or any other field with a finite propagation speed.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I will say this, there isn't a hell of a lot to do in Nebraska except watch the corn grow.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Edit to add: The article... Very very interesting, and I really don't think a coincidence that it seems to rhyme with several converging areas of research I've been looking at. HINT: It's outright admitted in REPUTABLE sources that vast amounts of information was completely scrubbed from science textbooks as the manhattan project came online. Also bear in mind these same reputable sources admit the information was NOT ever put back... I think it's ENTIRELY plausible that there are some extraordinarily simple, and fairly easy to stumple upon phenomena that could be extraordinarily powerful out there. Combine this with the microwave thruster and some other fun stuff.....

`
OH WHAT YOU REALLY ACTUALLY THOUGHT THE CRUSADE AGAINST 3D PRINTERS AND OTHER DESKTOP MANUFACTURING WAS ABOUT GUNS?

Yeah.... NO!

It's about the fact that no matter how many billions in funding how many dozens more data fusion sites or thousands of new employees they hire... there's eventually not going to be enough fingers to plug all the holes in the dike.... Hell if you know where to look..... you can already see dozens of jets of water arcing gracefully out from a dike that's starting to show more and more beautiful and wonderful cracks...

LJ,

Well your affordable practical 100mpg car was here... and then the Green energy portion of the Bailouts and stimulus package hit... (Oh and actually the company in question was within 8 months of selling them in the state of california when all this happened, the car was diesel electric, held 2 people, a surfboard, and more than a week of groceries or luggage, while getting a VERIFIED 266 miles per gallon!!! All while having an MSRP of right around 20 grand!!!) Instead they got a massive grant and some loans on the condition that they DROPPED the hybrid version and just built an all electric model instead! Something like 18 months later they'd laid off all but a skeleton crew, and were hoping for a miracle in the form of another 50 million dollar loan from DOE just to avoid receivership... they didn't get it.

It's ok though, a company in China bought THE ENTIRE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!!

Oh did I mention that it was rated for a collision with a semi truck head on?

While, I don't think suppression is sinister men in black suits....It sure is funny how it seems that when these companies are offered help it seems to be help snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

edit on 31-12-2014 by roguetechie because: Supplemental information

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That's NOT what a hyperdrive is. A hyperdrive is not putting you in another dimension or anything of the sort. It is compressing space in front of you, and stretching it behind you.

The best way of looking at it (in layman's terms) is surfing a space wave that your hyperdrive generates.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Ever heard of the EV-1? It was an all-electric car by GM:

The General Motors EV1 was an electric car produced and leased by the General Motors Corporation from 1996 to 1999.[1] It was the first mass-produced and purpose-designed electric vehicle of the modern era from a major automaker, the first GM car designed to be an electric vehicle from the outset along with being the first and only passenger car to be sold under the corporate General Motors (GM) name instead of being branded under one of its divisions.[2]

Wikipedia

They eventually cancelled the project and recalled all the vehicles they leased out, and crushed them. My friend who is an electric car enthusiast claims that there was some kind of conspiracy behind it all -- because the cars worked TO good, and didn't have as many moving parts that needed OEM replacement and regular maintenance.

So, we've had the ability to make all electric vehicles for quite some time -- hydrogen fuel cell vehicles too.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Being a master mechanic and expert in electrical systems I think this is cool as hell. I just need one for my truck lol. Too tired to dig into now but that does seem logical since we are energy as most things.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
No problems either with the link.

Anyway big claims need big varification.

I hate to say this too, i really hate myself.

But if it s true (not likely) then I hope it gets classfied cause something like thats too dangrous for gennral human use.

It's cool I hate you too, only for the same reason you hate yourself.

It's the assumption that classifying information can help in any way, period. Its # like that that creates have's and have not's, going a step further, also empowers some people over others. Fact of the matter is, it was invented (allegedly) by classifying it only provides access to those who would use it improperly anyway. Making these things public at least provides a modicum of oversight.

All that being said, I don't really hate you.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry.. Havent read the thread. How did he prove it in his GARAGE?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Who was your friend?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: pauljs75

Magnetism is overrated, at least here on ATS

The magnetic field can be fully understood as a relativistic effect of the electric field, or any other field with a finite propagation speed.

Oh really.. ATS has all the properties of the magnetic field explained? What about gravity..! Are we beyond scientists on that one to? Have we defined gravity with a mass correlation??? jesus f.. Christ!! I'm THIS close to leaving ATS because of bullcrap, non-intellect imdividuals and other crap....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker
Sorry.. Haven't read the thread. How did he prove it in his GARAGE?
He hasn't. YET. it is possible he will. he is planning an uprated demonstration later. But unless his demos is so spectacular that he could go out and pimp slap mainstream science it won't be proven to everyone's satisfaction.

i'm not surprised though. you know even Dr White and Dr Woodward get treated as fringe kooks by their peers. for example Dr White actually works for NASA and the NASA SPACE FLIGHT Advanced concepts forum denizens scoff and at and dismiss his work as if he was announcing his levitating salvage yard repurposed ice maker like any other kook.

So i doubt this guy will fare any better. Thing is though Dr White and Woodward really are serious scientists and great researchers. And it just doesn't matter. they still get ridiculed. they have valid results. and their valid results get called spurious by the scoffers. scoffers who have no idea what really happened if their arm chair quarterback claim of error were valid.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's amazing...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You mean like a certain person at Wright-Patterson who was asking "If you had all the antimatter you wanted, what would you do with it?" before suddenly shutting up and no longer giving speeches?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The more I think about it its not just WMD that could cause a defence nightmare.

Imgaine if 100 million chinese soilders could appear out of nowere in all US bases and kill all US officers and NCO before a declaration of war could even reach the white house?

Or if sucide bombers could appear inside a nuclear power station in seconds?

Bank robbers could appear inside vaults.

Until a way to disrupt warp bubbles was made you could have caos.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I love people like Pares, without the free thinkers slogging away in the face of ridicule and eye rolls, we'd never get half way anywhere.

Even if it doesn't work out, good for him for at least trying and doing it his way.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

While the EV-1 was blatant suppression, and extremely easy to prove, honestly compared to the vehicle my post was about the EV-1 was a joke.

The EV-1 and all electric rav-4's from that era were just insanely good compared to the volt et al.... However, they show why electrics just aren't ready! The aptera got an actual 266 mpg which just blows away the most optimistic mpg equivalence calculations of EV1....

OH AND!!!!

you just pointed out another interesting thing both projects have in common.... CARB and the ZEV/ULEV program which spawned both projects, and quite a few others.... come to think of it too, basically EVERY revolutionary technology CARB set about "helping reach mass production" were instead helped right into receivership or the control of I believe it was Texaco as was the case with the battery maker that did the EV1batteries who also made the rav4 battery packs too!! After the pilot EV1data began coming in GM approached battery company.... buys 51% sells their stake nearly instantly to Texaco which shut down the factory!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You mean like a certain person at Wright-Patterson who was asking "If you had all the antimatter you wanted, what would you do with it?" before suddenly shutting up and no longer giving speeches?
well barring exotic matter that does not interact destructively with antimatter (which is possible*) the best way to use antimatter is not to stockpile it but make it as needed just at the volume needed moment for moment in the reaction chamber to eliminate the need for risky storage and possible miss-use as a weapon.

*Antimatter annihilation is initiated at the quark to quark level; -not particle or atomic level. 33 percent of the time between matter and antimatter do not result in annihilation because the wrong quarks meet and the reactant particles bounce off of each other harmlessly. It might be possible to compose matter or antimatter of mismatched quarks or exotic nucleons so that any particle or nuclei would not be able to react until it contacts a normal matter reactant stream in the reactor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join